Feb 5, 2011
✟247,292.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Many top leaders have narcissistic traits.
Sure, but that doesn't generally become the most defining feature of those people, of a summation of their personalities.

If asked to provide three words to define a person,
Very, very few would say "narcissistic" with regards to Obama

But I would think a very high percentage of people would say "narcissistic" with regards to Trump.

It can mean they are annoying but it doesn't mean they can't run for office.
Noone is suggesting that being "narcissistic" disqualifies Trump from running for office.

Hillary Clinton was also just as narcissistic.
I would think, given three words very, very few people would ascribe "narcissistic" with regards to Hilary.

She still can't believe that she wasn't voted in as President and it can't possibly have anything to do with her or her policies.
It was a close race, she got 3 million more votes than Trump, but lost on the Electoral system, there were also the issues of Russia interference in favour of Trump and Comey publicly stating that her email server was back under investigation.
I would think most people in a close race like this would feel a bit hard done by.

However, I believe she is also evil at heart.
OK, guess it depends on your definition of "Evil" and your ability to know what is another's heart.

She also has never done anything in her life outside of politics
She has spent her life devoted to public service.

whereas Trump actually is good at business, and came to politics as an after thought.
Trump has spent his life devoted to his own monetary gains and his own public image as being wealthy and powerful and able to get beautiful women.
The betterment of society and country have never been shown to be of concern to him.

BTW, he gained a massive sum early on from his father handing it to him whilst illegally evading taxes. He also lost over a billion dollars over the span of a decade and hence even to this day doesn't pay much in taxes.

I like not having a politician in the White House. That is how the founding fathers intended it to be. Same with Congress which is a reason to put term limitations to that branch of the government. More of my opinions. (They can't be wrong because an opinion is just that...an opinion.)
Sure.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hilarious thread!

Especially in light of Biden's lackluster showings in the most recent primaries... Donald went and got himself impeached for digging up dirt on a guy his opponents don't even like.

He picks his enemies as poorly as he picks his employees.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Especially in light of Biden's lackluster showings in the most recent primaries... Donald went and got himself impeached for digging up dirt on a guy his opponents don't even like.

He picks his enemies as poorly as he picks his employees.

I would think that at least part of Biden's poor performance is related to Burisma, Ukraine, etc., so I don't think Trump's focus on Biden was inconsequential.

Personally, i'm glad Biden's not doing well, as I think he's one of the weaker candidates in terms of facing Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Senate decided that they were satisfied using the testimonies provided by the House. They didn't need to hear any witnesses to clarify the charges as brought by the House.
Yes, a number of GOP Senators admitted that the House had fully proved the charges against Donald.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is really no point arguing the facts surrounding Trump's impeachment and trial. This was simply a partisan issue: Democrats on one side, Republicans on the other. Let's be clear. Democrats did NOT need witnesses to make up their minds on how to vote. Republicans could have seen 100 witnesses and voted the same.

A number of them said that the House testimony showed that he did it. One of them even vote to convict. Hardly partisan, except in the sense that the GOP didn't seem to care that he abused his power and obstructed Congress. Or were too scared to do anything about it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, a number of GOP Senators admitted that the House had fully proved the charges against Donald.
Really? And yet they voted to acquit.

Will you name a few of these Senators who you say "admitted that the House had fully proved the charges...?"

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,092.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Really? And yet they voted to acquit.

Yeah, a pretty pathetic move on their parts. I doubt the electorate will forget.

Will you name a few of these Senators who you say "admitted that the House had fully proved the charges...?"

Sure. Alexander and Rubio.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, a pretty pathetic move on their parts. I doubt the electorate will forget.

Sure. Alexander and Rubio.
Neither Alexander or Rubio said what you claimed here, but thanks for naming those you had in mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes they did.
Well, I just rechecked the actual wording and found that they did not.

I know that when liberal publications go on the attack, "close enough" is good enough for them, if they are out to defame some opponent. However, if the reader takes the time to notice all the paraphrases of what was actually said, it is clear what both of these Senators were saying and that neither of them said what was alleged.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know that when liberal publications go on the attack, "close enough" is good enough for them, if they are out to defame some opponent. However, if the reader takes the time to notice all the paraphrases of what was actually said, it is clear what both of these Senators were saying and that neither of them said what was alleged.

One of these days, you might surprise Albion and actually post a link to a transcript....

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

What did they actually say then?

Tell us the real meaning we’re all missing here.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's wrong?
The senators have said that Trump did what the Democrats charged him of doing in Ukraine. The basic charge has been proven. The senators just get to decide for themselves whether the action is an impeachable offense or not.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The senators have said that Trump did what the Democrats charged him of doing in Ukraine. The basic charge has been proven. The senators just get to decide for themselves whether the action is an impeachable offense or not.

This.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The senators have said that Trump did what the Democrats charged him of doing in Ukraine.
They most empathetically did NOT say that the charges against the president had been proven. Yet that is what you supported.

Therefore, you were wrong. You might say something else about their reaction being not supportive,or that they criticized the decision made by him concerning Ukraine, but not what you did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They most empathetically did NOT say that the charges against the president had been proven. Yet that is what you supported.

Therefore, you were wrong. You might say something else about their reaction being not supportive,or that they criticized the decision made by him concerning Ukraine, but not what you did.
He was charged with withholding military and monetary aid to Ukraine and had tied it to investigations requested into the Bidens and the 2016 election. That’s what he did. Thats what the evidence shows. That’s what the senators are saying was wrong but still not impeachable.

Upvote 0