How Christ completed our salvation.

GTX

<font size=1><font color=gray><b>Rapid Transit Aut
Nov 24, 2001
✟1,444.00
Are we miscommunicating? Which Church of Christ? I go to Cavalry Chapel and God dwells in the Church.

I believe we are in agreeance of that, do you not also agree that Christ is coming to fulfill the end times prophesies?

Just so we are on the same page, I am just excited about Christs return.

Upvote 0

aggie03

Veritas Vos Liberabit
Jun 13, 2002
Columbus, TX
Visit site
✟19,529.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can you say those are the only conditions for salvation when there are others listed. In Acts 2:38 we are told that we need to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins.

"and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also–not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ"

1 Peter 3:21

This would also seem to me that baptism is necessary for your salvation. So it faith and obedience to the will of God. I don't understand how you can say that simply living in a Christ-like manner will merit your salvation. I do agree that we are called on to be imitators of God, but that alone will not save you.

I still have questions about this physical reign you're talking about. I'm just curious as to what scripture you base that belief on, I want to know so that I can read it and study it.

Upvote 0

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
Ye must be born again...that's it...that include's all of those "requirements"...You see when you (this is what I believe) are covered by the Blood of the Lamb, you are seen as Jesus...

I got a great e-mail once that explained it the best I've seen...A young man (christian) dreamed about being in a room full of file's of 3x5 cards (kinda like the old library cards)...the file's filled the room, it was God's file record of his life...each file was about his life and had an endless amount of 3x5 cards...acts, words, everything he had done was written down...all the way from the mundane to the nastiest and meanest things he had done to sin against God...and on the bottom was his signature...then Jesus came in the room and began to sign over the young man's name, His name, in Blood...so that you could no longer see the young man's name...Ye must be born again...

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by jenlu
Do you expect Jesus to have a literal rod of iron Mandy...my sins were atoned for when Jesus died...

Is that a really a serious question? I think not. Although my question was not really to you, I will answer anyway.

When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He paid for our redemption in full, yet when we received Him as Lord, we do not immediately go to be with Him. We are given the Holy Spirit and He is our guarantee of our future physical and present spiritual redemption. Even if you don't believe in a physical bodily resurrection, how can anyone state that your salvation is complete? In a sense it is complete because Jesus paid it all in full, yet our redeption will not be complete until we are with Jesus.
The kingdom of God is within us, yes, but that is not the kingdom that is referred to in Revelation, etc. There will be a literal time when Jesus will reign with a rod of iron (which of course is figuritive) which is very obvious in Scripture and even the OT Ezekiel 37,etc.
Ephesians 4:30, makes it clear that there will be a certain time when our redemption will be completed.
We are sealed until the day of redemption If Paul had thought that we were already completely redeemed, why did he point this out to the Ephesians? Because there will, as Scripture makes very clear, be a day, a time, when all are physically redeemed and to conclude anything else is unbiblical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Mandy

There will be a literal time when Jesus will reign with a rod of iron (which of course is figuritive)

I Just couldn't resist the opportunity to magnify this beautiful example of futurist consistancy :D

Upvote 0

jenlu

May 29, 2002
Visit site
✟625.00
Do you not understand that is pretty much the whole point of the preterist view...things Paul (Jesus...because it is His Word) told the Ephesians concerning the last days was of distinct concern for THEM...and yes, still future...a preterist/postmillenialist would argue Paul did not consider the EPHESIANS (or himself for that matter) completely redeemed that is why he made a point of writing that in a letter to THEM.....................FOR us to glean from...

Kinda like some future generation looking at your post TO ME...or mine TO you...

Upvote 0

davo

Mar 24, 2002
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Do you not understand that is pretty much the whole point of the preterist view...things Paul (Jesus...because it is His Word) told the Ephesians concerning the last days was of distinct concern for THEM...and yes, still future...a preterist/postmillenialist would argue Paul did not consider the EPHESIANS (or himself for that matter) completely redeemed that is why he made a point of writing that in a letter to THEM.....................FOR us to glean from...

Kinda like some future generation looking at your post TO ME...or mine TO you...

Hey jenlu, be a bit careful -you're starting to sound a bit logical in stating the obvious :)

Mind you, they use to call Maggi Thatcher "ole' Iron Fist."

davo

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Mandy

Is that a really a serious question? I think not. Although my question was not really to you, I will answer anyway.

When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He paid for our redemption in full, yet when we received Him as Lord, we do not immediately go to be with Him. We are given the Holy Spirit and He is our guarantee of our future physical and present spiritual redemption. Even if you don't believe in a physical bodily resurrection, how can anyone state that your salvation is complete? In a sense it is complete because Jesus paid it all in full, yet our redeption will not be complete until we are with Jesus.
The kingdom of God is within us, yes, but that is not the kingdom that is referred to in Revelation, etc. There will be a literal time when Jesus will reign with a rod of iron (which of course is figuritive) which is very obvious in Scripture and even the OT Ezekiel 37,etc.
Ephesians 4:30, makes it clear that there will be a certain time when our redemption will be completed.
We are sealed until the day of redemption If Paul had thought that we were already completely redeemed, why did he point this out to the Ephesians? Because there will, as Scripture makes very clear, be a day, a time, when all are physically redeemed and to conclude anything else is unbiblical.

Now if you could just put most of that in the right time frame you could get a clear grip on scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00

Do you not understand that in light of Scripture, preterism makes no sense?

Upvote 0