• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How Can You Get God To Stop Punishing You? I Desperately Need Help.

MJJ

Oct 25, 2015
✟16,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm having serious problems with my relationship, or lack thereof, with God and His apparent unsatable need to show His displeasure with me.

I'm going to gloss over oceans here for the sake of brevity but this will still read long. I apologize for that but context is required to get this across. Like many other stories you've probably read here, my life has been very cruel. Over the years the cycle has repeated, only ratcheted up to get over desensitization on my part at each new iterations. At first bad things happened for no reason, then important goals & wishes were denied, then they were granted but only to be taken away, then grant but taken away in the most ridiculously over the top ways, to now a state of never-ending misery that just piles on whenever I let my guard down.

Continuing to jump oceans here, in 2014 I was on a business trip on a job I hated; I had to travel constantly but it allowed for me to take care of my wife so she could pursue her goals without having to be tied to a day job. One day she calls me while out of town to tell me I'm not satisfying her, she had driven to another state to meet a man she'd met online, and that she intended to be with him that evening. Not as a new relationship, but to drive the point home that she felt the need to strike the harshest blow she could to me. That week at the airport to fly home I followed in the footsteps of my father and grandfather (all alcoholics) and chose to drink. I'd been sober for many years up to that point.

A year of hell followed. I was sick, full of despair, in a divorce with an extremely vindictive partner, and suffering from alcoholism like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Until that point my record in life was clean, I volunteered in and out of church, and while I won't claim to be something special I think I was a good man. I got two DUIs that year. Despite the best efforts of the state, certainly not because of it, I got myself into a real recovery program. Not the thirty day nonsense that insurance companies push but hospitalization, followed by extended partial in-patient, followed by prolonged out-patient. It was a real commitment but I couldn't risk ever hurting anyone because of my genetics and the trauma I was suffering from. I committed, it was really hard, but I've been sober every day since. I took full responsibilities for my two DUIs and have paid every debt. Three years out I'm still in the active punishment phase with an ignition interlock but my access to society has been given back through having a license (try living without one for over a year). I'm skipping what would be a long diatribe on how this system promotes relapse; suffice it to say my life was ruined twice over. Every penny of pension and 401K has been drained, I'm in a structured payment plan from having to declare bankruptcy, and my entire support system and social circle collapsed. Forget the lies you've heard about the magic "bread and butter" license to you can go to work, doctors, and church; they've shaped the law for maximum revenge on DUIs so you cannot get one. Everything they can do to keep you away from medical treatment, AA, and a stable job they bust their humps to do.

Life is lonely and miserable. I only wanted simple things that everyone else gets. Someone to love, a family, a home, and to not live in fear. All of those are completely unobtainable goals now and will be for life.

Getting to the point, this last weekend some old friends from a reenactment group I used to love writing for urged me to join them at a retreat in VA (I live in PA). I've been trying to rebuild a life, be positive, rebuild support, get some friends, see doctors again now that the state allows it, and even maybe trying to date and find someone so I'm not all alone. After three years of living every day in terror of what was coming next I breathed easy and accepted the offer to join them in VA. I let my guard down. That's the mistake where God strikes every time.

Not far from my destination I got off I-95 onto I-295 in VA. A state trooper swung out to get the car ahead of me; however, once he saw my out of state license plate he came alongside my car to motion he wanted me too (I'll explain in a moment). Again summarizing, in two visits to my car he told two different stories about how the car in front of me was speeding and supposedly he'd inferred I must be as well. I'll skip the injustice speech; it's moot to my point. I'm socialized now to be in complete terror of all police and any part of the justice system; I hate them and I hate going to any government building. Still, I fought to breath slowly and told myself I'd be OK, I know they're all liars and power-drunk bullies but it was just a speeding ticket. I was going to be alright.

Well, as I'd learn, VA has rigged Reckless Driving, a criminal offence (not a traffic offense) the way PA has rigged DUIs to fleece out of state drivers like pulling in fish as they go past Washington DC and Richmond on the way south. Apparently it's become a pretty big deal. Unlike every other state, instead of a speeding ticket they changed their laws so that over a certain MPH you jump directly to Reckless Driving which is the equivalent of a DUI without any alcohol being involved. The penalties are truly insane because Reckless Driving was never meant to be used as a substitute for a traffic ticket: Real jail, six month license suspension, and thousands in fines. Another DUI-style money-maker and machine to crush hope to generate more lucrative crimes out of their victims. Reckless Driving is meant to be applied for people racing on the highway, dangerously swerving around traffic, putting pedestrians endanger, and that sort of thing. Not this. The law is applied correctly in PA and in most other states; I've learned the hard way that VA has made it a revenue generator.

It's far, far worse for me. Again, remember if I was home in PA this would be a speeding ticket, nothing more. Also, I refute this trooper's claims as clearly bearing false witness to pull in two fish for one casting of the line. Because I got two DUIs three years ago, once VA convicts and reports me PA will classify me as a "habitual offender." No trial, no appeals, they automatically take your licence for FIVE full years. Essentially, as of 8:30ish Saturday, my life is over. I've verified all of this will occur with more than one lawyer as I've desperately sought any help I can find. The legal council has been that this is the game the state plays and I'm going to go through this; there is no legal escape to a lesser charge no matter what I do to appease them.

To bring this full circle, I didn't enjoy the retreat and cried the full six hour drive home on Sunday and pretty much have done nothing but cry since (and I am by no means a weak man after all I've been through). God knows I cannot live through this again and it's so much worse than before (and before was unbelievably terrible). It's not just the suspension and becoming like a prisoner in solitary confinement. I can't live with the constant terror, once against waiting for arraignment, then trial, then jail in VA, then suspension in PA. To this day I still only check the mail twice a week because I fear a certified letter will be waiting for me, the kind that only comes from one source. I didn't do anything to deserve this and even if the trooper's story were accurate, and I'm completely wrong, it's a speeding ticket, and not for going over 100 MPH or something crazy like that.

With the DUIs three years ago I owned up to those crimes and pled guilty. I did everything I was told to do in good faith. I'll be honesty with you and say that given what I was going through I don't feel I deserve to have been tormented so severely and for so long (and still ongoing). Literally my life has been destroyed twice and I have NOTHING. I have a middle-class job I barely hung onto but I live check-to-check, one disaster away from death. The trauma of it all landed me in the hospital; the bills from that have consumed every spare dime that was freed up for food and living after the bankruptcy settlement. PA has rigged the laws so judges no longer have any discretionary power in setting sentences; it's a McFactory Industry. So I got the same punishment as the guy who rode a bar stool instead of getting help next to me.

I'm constantly angry at myself that someone could have gotten hurt. I was hopeless and full of despair and satan worked in me; that's when he does his best work in my opinion. He made me the opposite of my values and now that I'm recovering I stay sober because I get so mad at myself that there's no room for cravings to begin. I'll never forgive myself; however, if I remove the circumstances of that year overall I've lived as a good man who's never hurt anyone and always tried to help.

I'm at the point now where I am completely certain God is doing these things to me on purpose. I've glossed over so much and still written far too long of a post so thank you if you've stuck with me so far. My life has been constant escalating misery. The way things happen, in these over the top ways, demands that there must be an intelligence behind it. This doesn't happen to people in reality, only in movies or TV. Plus, I know you're taking my word for it but I AM NOT a wicked man. I'm actually a very good man. I do work to honor God, when I'm charitable I don't seek credit, I stand up for Him and take the bullets when my "friends" pile on with how awful Christians are. I've loved Jesus with all my heart. I've wavered like all men do but ultimately I had faith in Him that I'd gone through Hell and in Him I was finally going to be made new and allowed to find some life and never be in terror again.

It's just that I can't believe I'm going through this again. I can't do it! I can't live like this in constant terror and frankly I shouldn't have to. I didn't do anything to anyone and this is over a speeding ticket in any sane state. Plus I still dispute what I'm being accused of. Why is He doing this to me? The pattern is clear, He waits until I breath easy, think there's a chance to build something of a life, and when I'm happy He picks the most ironic, painful moment to strike. This occurring the one time I dare to come out of my cell in my apartment and let myself try to enjoy some social company is when He decides to do this to me? Why?!

Where's the part where those who believe and love Jesus are not to fear satan? Where is He? I don't ask for any wishes from Him; I only want to be loved as much as any other Christian. I don't want to battle with Him and I never have but He won't stop!

I've concluded, and this isn't a new thought, that I'm in a war I never wanted. I've begged on my knees for Him to please stop. I cannot win against Him; He's all powerful. I don't want to fight Him, I want to honor Him and be with Him but He hates me and won't give me any indication of what I did so long ago that my entire life has gone this way. I've started researching how to purchase a gun, and I'm not being melodramatic. If He hates me this much there's no way He'll ever let me into Heaven so really there's no reason not to just cut to chase. I'm not kidding about this, I CAN NOT live through this again. It's so much more constant, unyielding stress and fear than you can ever understand.

I lost my parents during the first DUI, I finally got them back, but upon hearing this latest news I lost them again and they won't talk to me. Not because I did something wrong but because they themselves cannot stand the stress of it and they're honest about that fact. I can't emphasize enough how I've been left with nothing, none of things most take for granted. My life is miserable but I committed to Jesus while I was in the hospital that I trusted Him and I'd do my work to make life better because I believed all things would work out right in Him. Now I know those are lies; the promises in the Bible are all lies. He's a vindictive and angry God. I can't see any reason why all of the wicked in my life have families and have prospered while I am constantly tortured. I'll even take the torture I've been though and shut up about it if He'd just let me go forward and have a shot at happiness. Why is this perfect storm happening to me now?! It has to be Him; these elements don't come together so perfectly by chance to destroy a man's hope and sanity.

There is literally nothing on Earth I can do to make Him stop; I'm powerless before Him. I cannot appease Him and I've tried to live right with my knees getting knocked out from under me at each step. I've always gotten up to live the way Jesus taught but now I don't know what's actually true anymore. One thing is for certain, God does lie. That Biblical claim is a falsehood, the promises made by God and Jesus are not upheld. I know this through personal experience.

I absolutely cannot live through this. I shouldn't have to be facing this; I've paid and paid and paid. What can you do when the game is so rigged against you? I'm going to go to jail and lose what little I have because I dared to risk rebuilding my life. I went on a road trip, that's my crime. There's no hope to escape the coming fate. What are you supposed to do when faced by this (AGAIN, but even worse this time)? Is there any point in even trying to or is it just time to give up?

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And yet Lazarus was saved in the end rather than the rich man, who, contrary to worldly opinion, his many riches and comfortable life weren't a sign of God's pleasure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MJJ

Oct 25, 2015
✟16,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
I apologize. I should not have been so harsh in blaming God. I'm under considerable stress and I'm very confused right now. I desperately want something to stop that I have no power to stop. I want to get back to rebuilding a life and now everything is on hold again while I live in terror. I know that is a lot of "I" statements but that's why right now I'm drawing the conclusions I am. When you're powerless the only thing you really can do is assign blame. It was wrong to be so accusatory. I've already apologized to Him and now to all of you as well. I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you needed someone to vent to...there are some things I would say but I don't think this is the format. If you would like a listening ear, PM me, I'm a pretty good listener.

That said, I too am no stranger to suffering. Different sufferings but suffering none the less. Even last night I prayed that God would take what feels like a dark cloud surrounding me. I am tired beyond words, I get it to that point. But here is the thing...your vision is clouded by the suffering. Suffering that God is allowing because He wants your attention for some reason. Listen to Him.

As you listen and wait to hear, please do two things. 1. study the scriptures...don't just read them, actually study them. Especially look at others in scripture that suffered greatly and how and what they discovered about God through their suffering. Books like Lamentations and Job show us people who suffered greatly, to the point of despair but found God in the midst of it all. 2. find a way to focus on someone other than yourself and your suffering. Believe it or not there is great healing in changing your focus, taking your thoughts captive, and learning to help others no matter what you are going through.

Well, as I said, if you want to talk further PM me...May you find healing, strength, courage, and an unfailing Love in the midst of your despair.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I apologize. I should not have been so harsh in blaming God. I'm under considerable stress and I'm very confused right now. I desperately want something to stop that I have no power to stop. I want to get back to rebuilding a life and now everything is on hold again while I live in terror. I know that is a lot of "I" statements but that's why right now I'm drawing the conclusions I am. When you're powerless the only thing you really can do is assign blame. It was wrong to be so accusatory. I've already apologized to Him and now to all of you as well. I'm sorry.

:)

If I were you, I would print the above post in large letters and hung it on the wall!

The Lord loves you and cares for you more than yourself, never forget that.

Prayers,
icxn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm having serious problems with my relationship, or lack thereof, with God and His apparent unsatable need to show His displeasure with me.

I'm going to gloss over oceans here for the sake of brevity but this will still read long. I apologize for that but context is required to get this across. Like many other stories you've probably read here, my life has been very cruel. Over the years the cycle has repeated, only ratcheted up to get over desensitization on my part at each new iterations. At first bad things happened for no reason, then important goals & wishes were denied, then they were granted but only to be taken away, then grant but taken away in the most ridiculously over the top ways, to now a state of never-ending misery that just piles on whenever I let my guard down.

Continuing to jump oceans here, in 2014 I was on a business trip on a job I hated; I had to travel constantly but it allowed for me to take care of my wife so she could pursue her goals without having to be tied to a day job. One day she calls me while out of town to tell me I'm not satisfying her, she had driven to another state to meet a man she'd met online, and that she intended to be with him that evening. Not as a new relationship, but to drive the point home that she felt the need to strike the harshest blow she could to me. That week at the airport to fly home I followed in the footsteps of my father and grandfather (all alcoholics) and chose to drink. I'd been sober for many years up to that point.

A year of hell followed. I was sick, full of despair, in a divorce with an extremely vindictive partner, and suffering from alcoholism like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Until that point my record in life was clean, I volunteered in and out of church, and while I won't claim to be something special I think I was a good man. I got two DUIs that year. Despite the best efforts of the state, certainly not because of it, I got myself into a real recovery program. Not the thirty day nonsense that insurance companies push but hospitalization, followed by extended partial in-patient, followed by prolonged out-patient. It was a real commitment but I couldn't risk ever hurting anyone because of my genetics and the trauma I was suffering from. I committed, it was really hard, but I've been sober every day since. I took full responsibilities for my two DUIs and have paid every debt. Three years out I'm still in the active punishment phase with an ignition interlock but my access to society has been given back through having a license (try living without one for over a year). I'm skipping what would be a long diatribe on how this system promotes relapse; suffice it to say my life was ruined twice over. Every penny of pension and 401K has been drained, I'm in a structured payment plan from having to declare bankruptcy, and my entire support system and social circle collapsed. Forget the lies you've heard about the magic "bread and butter" license to you can go to work, doctors, and church; they've shaped the law for maximum revenge on DUIs so you cannot get one. Everything they can do to keep you away from medical treatment, AA, and a stable job they bust their humps to do.

Life is lonely and miserable. I only wanted simple things that everyone else gets. Someone to love, a family, a home, and to not live in fear. All of those are completely unobtainable goals now and will be for life.

Getting to the point, this last weekend some old friends from a reenactment group I used to love writing for urged me to join them at a retreat in VA (I live in PA). I've been trying to rebuild a life, be positive, rebuild support, get some friends, see doctors again now that the state allows it, and even maybe trying to date and find someone so I'm not all alone. After three years of living every day in terror of what was coming next I breathed easy and accepted the offer to join them in VA. I let my guard down. That's the mistake where God strikes every time.

Not far from my destination I got off I-95 onto I-295 in VA. A state trooper swung out to get the car ahead of me; however, once he saw my out of state license plate he came alongside my car to motion he wanted me too (I'll explain in a moment). Again summarizing, in two visits to my car he told two different stories about how the car in front of me was speeding and supposedly he'd inferred I must be as well. I'll skip the injustice speech; it's moot to my point. I'm socialized now to be in complete terror of all police and any part of the justice system; I hate them and I hate going to any government building. Still, I fought to breath slowly and told myself I'd be OK, I know they're all liars and power-drunk bullies but it was just a speeding ticket. I was going to be alright.

Well, as I'd learn, VA has rigged Reckless Driving, a criminal offence (not a traffic offense) the way PA has rigged DUIs to fleece out of state drivers like pulling in fish as they go past Washington DC and Richmond on the way south. Apparently it's become a pretty big deal. Unlike every other state, instead of a speeding ticket they changed their laws so that over a certain MPH you jump directly to Reckless Driving which is the equivalent of a DUI without any alcohol being involved. The penalties are truly insane because Reckless Driving was never meant to be used as a substitute for a traffic ticket: Real jail, six month license suspension, and thousands in fines. Another DUI-style money-maker and machine to crush hope to generate more lucrative crimes out of their victims. Reckless Driving is meant to be applied for people racing on the highway, dangerously swerving around traffic, putting pedestrians endanger, and that sort of thing. Not this. The law is applied correctly in PA and in most other states; I've learned the hard way that VA has made it a revenue generator.

It's far, far worse for me. Again, remember if I was home in PA this would be a speeding ticket, nothing more. Also, I refute this trooper's claims as clearly bearing false witness to pull in two fish for one casting of the line. Because I got two DUIs three years ago, once VA convicts and reports me PA will classify me as a "habitual offender." No trial, no appeals, they automatically take your licence for FIVE full years. Essentially, as of 8:30ish Saturday, my life is over. I've verified all of this will occur with more than one lawyer as I've desperately sought any help I can find. The legal council has been that this is the game the state plays and I'm going to go through this; there is no legal escape to a lesser charge no matter what I do to appease them.

To bring this full circle, I didn't enjoy the retreat and cried the full six hour drive home on Sunday and pretty much have done nothing but cry since (and I am by no means a weak man after all I've been through). God knows I cannot live through this again and it's so much worse than before (and before was unbelievably terrible). It's not just the suspension and becoming like a prisoner in solitary confinement. I can't live with the constant terror, once against waiting for arraignment, then trial, then jail in VA, then suspension in PA. To this day I still only check the mail twice a week because I fear a certified letter will be waiting for me, the kind that only comes from one source. I didn't do anything to deserve this and even if the trooper's story were accurate, and I'm completely wrong, it's a speeding ticket, and not for going over 100 MPH or something crazy like that.

With the DUIs three years ago I owned up to those crimes and pled guilty. I did everything I was told to do in good faith. I'll be honesty with you and say that given what I was going through I don't feel I deserve to have been tormented so severely and for so long (and still ongoing). Literally my life has been destroyed twice and I have NOTHING. I have a middle-class job I barely hung onto but I live check-to-check, one disaster away from death. The trauma of it all landed me in the hospital; the bills from that have consumed every spare dime that was freed up for food and living after the bankruptcy settlement. PA has rigged the laws so judges no longer have any discretionary power in setting sentences; it's a McFactory Industry. So I got the same punishment as the guy who rode a bar stool instead of getting help next to me.

I'm constantly angry at myself that someone could have gotten hurt. I was hopeless and full of despair and satan worked in me; that's when he does his best work in my opinion. He made me the opposite of my values and now that I'm recovering I stay sober because I get so mad at myself that there's no room for cravings to begin. I'll never forgive myself; however, if I remove the circumstances of that year overall I've lived as a good man who's never hurt anyone and always tried to help.

I'm at the point now where I am completely certain God is doing these things to me on purpose. I've glossed over so much and still written far too long of a post so thank you if you've stuck with me so far. My life has been constant escalating misery. The way things happen, in these over the top ways, demands that there must be an intelligence behind it. This doesn't happen to people in reality, only in movies or TV. Plus, I know you're taking my word for it but I AM NOT a wicked man. I'm actually a very good man. I do work to honor God, when I'm charitable I don't seek credit, I stand up for Him and take the bullets when my "friends" pile on with how awful Christians are. I've loved Jesus with all my heart. I've wavered like all men do but ultimately I had faith in Him that I'd gone through Hell and in Him I was finally going to be made new and allowed to find some life and never be in terror again.

It's just that I can't believe I'm going through this again. I can't do it! I can't live like this in constant terror and frankly I shouldn't have to. I didn't do anything to anyone and this is over a speeding ticket in any sane state. Plus I still dispute what I'm being accused of. Why is He doing this to me? The pattern is clear, He waits until I breath easy, think there's a chance to build something of a life, and when I'm happy He picks the most ironic, painful moment to strike. This occurring the one time I dare to come out of my cell in my apartment and let myself try to enjoy some social company is when He decides to do this to me? Why?!

Where's the part where those who believe and love Jesus are not to fear satan? Where is He? I don't ask for any wishes from Him; I only want to be loved as much as any other Christian. I don't want to battle with Him and I never have but He won't stop!

I've concluded, and this isn't a new thought, that I'm in a war I never wanted. I've begged on my knees for Him to please stop. I cannot win against Him; He's all powerful. I don't want to fight Him, I want to honor Him and be with Him but He hates me and won't give me any indication of what I did so long ago that my entire life has gone this way. I've started researching how to purchase a gun, and I'm not being melodramatic. If He hates me this much there's no way He'll ever let me into Heaven so really there's no reason not to just cut to chase. I'm not kidding about this, I CAN NOT live through this again. It's so much more constant, unyielding stress and fear than you can ever understand.

I lost my parents during the first DUI, I finally got them back, but upon hearing this latest news I lost them again and they won't talk to me. Not because I did something wrong but because they themselves cannot stand the stress of it and they're honest about that fact. I can't emphasize enough how I've been left with nothing, none of things most take for granted. My life is miserable but I committed to Jesus while I was in the hospital that I trusted Him and I'd do my work to make life better because I believed all things would work out right in Him. Now I know those are lies; the promises in the Bible are all lies. He's a vindictive and angry God. I can't see any reason why all of the wicked in my life have families and have prospered while I am constantly tortured. I'll even take the torture I've been though and shut up about it if He'd just let me go forward and have a shot at happiness. Why is this perfect storm happening to me now?! It has to be Him; these elements don't come together so perfectly by chance to destroy a man's hope and sanity.

There is literally nothing on Earth I can do to make Him stop; I'm powerless before Him. I cannot appease Him and I've tried to live right with my knees getting knocked out from under me at each step. I've always gotten up to live the way Jesus taught but now I don't know what's actually true anymore. One thing is for certain, God does lie. That Biblical claim is a falsehood, the promises made by God and Jesus are not upheld. I know this through personal experience.

I absolutely cannot live through this. I shouldn't have to be facing this; I've paid and paid and paid. What can you do when the game is so rigged against you? I'm going to go to jail and lose what little I have because I dared to risk rebuilding my life. I went on a road trip, that's my crime. There's no hope to escape the coming fate. What are you supposed to do when faced by this (AGAIN, but even worse this time)? Is there any point in even trying to or is it just time to give up?

Change the circumstances ... and this could be myself and my wife speaking.

It seems that we've come into a period of major challenges in our life ... that seemingly just won't stop.

And around us, we see christians experiencing similar challenges to their physical health, family relations, loss of jobs, family loss and trauma, etc. We are beginning to conclude that this is a time of Satan "leaning on" believers to "wear them out".

We've made some major changes in our spiritual discipline ... constant audible prayers ... and following scriptural teaching and study specifically aimed at "getting through tough times". It is helping. God is coming through for us, ... though ever so gradually.

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I would advise prayer for your situation, and don't be afraid to make this prayer very specific, timely (as circumstances change), and related to your getting through this period. Ask God to take control of your thoughts and feelings and to hold you up each day. Pray for His FAVOR ... that things might break your way. Pray for God to shield you from any further attacks from the Enemy, as well as those that you love. Pray for God's peace, wisdom, guidance, strength, and courage. Try to live day to day. Try not to contemplate bad circumstances for yourself. Try to find things to thank God for in your life. I know that it will not be easy, ... but it will help you if you can.

Also, pray for those others that you know of who need God's intervention in their lives.

Finally, my wife and I have found that we tend to find our joy, not in what is happening to us, but in how we can minister/serve others.

You are in the midst of a battle ... but God is not your enemy ... and He is not punishing you for "past sins". Pray that He would confuse, frustrate, and tear down the plans, plots, and strategies of the Enemy, ... and go before you to fight your battles to ultimately grant you the victory. In the meantime, ask Him for His presence and comfort for your soul, ... and look for signs of His being in your life.

I will be praying for you ... along with any number of other christian friends who are going through right now. My wife laughingly says that my list is getting pretty long.

Try to hang in there. Give God a chance to work some things out for you.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can sympathize with the unloading of personal stress in the OP, MJJ. One should keep in mind that God does not "punish" people, but continues calling to them to come to Him in faith. On the other hand, Satan is ALWAYS working to get us to blame God and turn away. Don't listen to the enemy of our souls. Very likely God drew you to this site for help.

For a quick remedy to all your troubles, friend, let me show you God's answer in brief to your need. It is found in His immutable Word ---the Holy Bible. Get one and begin reading at the Gospel by John (note His call at John 14, which is where I first read in the Bible in 1958 ---what a blessing that was and is.). Look up always, and as one has said, remember: "a seeking Savior and a seeking sinners will always meet". Does that mean you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to stop by and see if you were feeling any more hopeful today? Lack of hope is a very difficult and painful experience to go through but there is hope waiting for you to discover it as you persevere through these very difficult trials. You continue to be in my prayers.

May you find the hope that you are having trouble seeing as God reveals His plan for you and the good that He wants to bring out of this mess that you find yourself in.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You are describing my life in so many ways...i just posted a praise report regarding this...I guess I will copy it and share it with you.
I just want to share and thank everyone for prayers I posted awhile back on the prayer wall. There was a stronghold in my life that I couldn't seem to overcome. I requested prayers for this and as I continued to believe for God to answer the prayers things were starting to happen in my heart and spirit. Not long after, my spirit, body and emotional state became totally bankrupt, and I knelt down on my knees and cried out to Abba, Father, I surrender...I surrender it all, every little thing that I have held onto thinking I could deal with I now let go and give it to you. I admit that I am powerless over my life and situation and that it is you and you alone who can deliver me. I surrender my life and I ask you Jesus to be the Lord of my life not just my savior.( Graciously, the Holy Spirit revealed that although I asked Jesus in my heart and confessed Him as my Saviour, I never surrendered my life completely to allow Him to also be my Lord.).....complete surrender is what has been my stumbling block all along. To completely say to Him, not my will but thy Will Be Done. (I am guilty of getting into jobs and relationships, etc without asking Him and acknowledging Him first, and over and over again the outcome was disastrous.) I always had a little bit of anxiety about praying and asking God for direction and when I would hear Him say go here or go there...i would reason and said that was NOT God because I would never work in that type of job, or move to that city....etc. So in hindsight I realize how many times I missed Him trying to lead me in the right direction. I ignored that "check" in my spirit when it was saying...no, no , no... , or His voice speaking to me instructing me what to do. I can understand why He calls us His children...we are constantly and forever dependent and in need of Him to guide us, teach us, and provide for us our every need.

I can say with confidence that the stronghold left that night and the Jesus moved in.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are describing my life in so many ways...i just posted a praise report regarding this...I guess I will copy it and share it with you.
I just want to share and thank everyone for prayers I posted awhile back on the prayer wall. There was a stronghold in my life that I couldn't seem to overcome. I requested prayers for this and as I continued to believe for God to answer the prayers things were starting to happen in my heart and spirit. Not long after, my spirit, body and emotional state became totally bankrupt, and I knelt down on my knees and cried out to Abba, Father, I surrender...I surrender it all, every little thing that I have held onto thinking I could deal with I now let go and give it to you. I admit that I am powerless over my life and situation and that it is you and you alone who can deliver me. I surrender my life and I ask you Jesus to be the Lord of my life not just my savior.( Graciously, the Holy Spirit revealed that although I asked Jesus in my heart and confessed Him as my Saviour, I never surrendered my life completely to allow Him to also be my Lord.).....complete surrender is what has been my stumbling block all along. To completely say to Him, not my will but thy Will Be Done. (I am guilty of getting into jobs and relationships, etc without asking Him and acknowledging Him first, and over and over again the outcome was disastrous.) I always had a little bit of anxiety about praying and asking God for direction and when I would hear Him say go here or go there...i would reason and said that was NOT God because I would never work in that type of job, or move to that city....etc. So in hindsight I realize how many times I missed Him trying to lead me in the right direction. I ignored that "check" in my spirit when it was saying...no, no , no... , or His voice speaking to me instructing me what to do. I can understand why He calls us His children...we are constantly and forever dependent and in need of Him to guide us, teach us, and provide for us our every need.

I can say with confidence that the stronghold left that night and the Jesus moved in.

Also, I wanted to share that i had even compared my life to Job....He lost everything and He lived upright and feared God!!!!! But his error that opened a door for Satan to enter was fear. Job said that thing I feared the most has come upon me. Fear is not trusting God to protect and provide. However, in the end God restored double what He had lost.
In my situation, I would get angry with God when things came against me, the worst being that my husband died in his sleep, and in my anger towards Him I would turn to alcohol and such...but God patiently waited and let me suffer the consequences of MY CHOICES, waiting for me to hit bottom. So now I have put Him in charge and the very next day He began to move in my situation...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I praise God for your testimony, Heart2Soul. That is the right spirit! Most commentaries show that Job's testimony is preserved for us mainly to show that being proud and self confident is not good; and while God let Satan try him to break down his proud spirit, He preserved him and restored him in time. It is recorded in the Bible for all saints in years to follow as a lesson about surrender of self-centered will, and learn to wait upon God and continue to be faithful (and stop boasting).

We need to see that no one can overcome their troubles, religious ideas, religious works, etc, apart from God's "...beloved Son", the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God (note John 14:6 and 1 Jn. 5:10-12 to see how to obey and please our God. We ought to make the Lord Jesus our best Friend, and walk and talk with Him all day. Keep looking up, for God cares!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Nobody888

May 6, 2018
Isleworth
✟15,470.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Watch this video and examine yourself and your life
DAY 81 - The Man Who Loves His Life Will Lose It

Upvote 0