✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ecclesiastes 4:10

The Holy Spirit is Christ in every believer, he isn't literally a Spirit, he walks with you and talks with you along lives narrow way. The Holy spirit is not a force like electric.

god bless

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ya, have had the Holy Spirit leading me 55+ years now

never let that holy oil run out (pray for a continual filling), it can dry up and you'll be focused on trimming and maintaining the wick of your lamp, cleaning the lamp globe, rather than refilling your soul with the Holy Spirit.

God bless

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
God created Eve because he saw it wasn't good for Adam to be alone (even though we know he and God were tight). They are separate issues... Spiritual desire and a physical/emotional one are different and God cannot satisfy a physical or emotional desire.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God created Eve because he saw it wasn't good for Adam to be alone (even though we know he and God were tight). They are separate issues... Spiritual desire and a physical/emotional one are different and God cannot satisfy a physical or emotional desire.

Adam was alone in the Garden, God wasn't always there with Him

"But the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, where are you?
he said, I heard the sound of you walking in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked and I hid myself,
And He said, who told you that you were naked? have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat? (Gen 3:9-11)

John 16:17,

"However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable for you that I go away because if I do not go away the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you (into close fellowship with you) but if I go away, I will send Him to you (to be in close fellowship with you).

"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have perfect peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world' John 16:33

There are several scripture verses, telling us that we are not alone in this world if joined to Christ, therefore the lie which satan tells the world that because you don't have a spouse or partner it means you're lonely, is another clever device from the ruler of this world to keep people in bondage, depression, misery, anxiety, etc, if you believe it.

"But the person who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him(1 Cor 6:17)

"Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit who lives within you, whom you have received as a gift from God? you are not your own, you were bought with a price (purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own). So then honor God and bring glory to Him in your body 1 Cor 6: 19-20)

God can satisfy your physical and emotional desires by giving you his own divine nature

"But the fruits of the Holy Spirit(the work which His presence within accomplishes) is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, self control, against such there is no law" (Gal 5: 22-23)

Shallom

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
brilliant post Joined2Krist. Christ first and foremost, if he gives you a physical wife/husband make sure they also have Christ first and foremost in their lives too. If Christ doesn't give you that physical companion, never fret, your not alone. Also, never allow the lusts of the flesh to take over from Christ's will - never desire a companion first and never desire to be a single hermit (celibate), all these things are selfish. Christ might have more for you than desiring to be a hermit or desiring to be married. Listen to that inner voice of truth within and he will lead you. ;)

Whatever Christ has planned in your life it is your lot, don't fret,.... Rejoice rejoice, Oh Christian, that you have a friend in Jesus

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you're blatantly missing my point. If Jesus was enough, there'd be no reason for marriage, or for women for that matter. God could create on his own anyone and as many as he like. For some, God alone is fine but for the 99% of people walking the earth, God is not enough and he intended for it to be that way.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think you're blatantly missing my point. If Jesus was enough, there'd be no reason for marriage, or for women for that matter. God could create on his own anyone and as many as he like. For some, God alone is fine but for the 99% of people walking the earth, God is not enough and he intended for it to be that way.

Good luck, I pray you find peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good luck, I pray you find peace

I do have peace. I'm single for life by choice because I've chosen not to deal with the bs and my health would not fair well with others. I'm not arguing for my sake.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
While I understand the gist of the concept, there’s a common practice of downplaying the desire for companionship in Christian circles.

If the logic holds true for marriage it is equally so in other areas. Would you propose the same to a barren woman or a couple struggling to conceive? Probably not.

The bible tells us to “Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.” We weren’t advised to downplay their feelings or bandage them with cliches. We’re meant to come alongside.

Context is key. For the person who pursues relating in an unhealthy or idolatrous fashion, the OPs statement is edifying. But less so for someone who desires to marry for the reasons the bible supports.

Jesus addresses this in Matthew 19:12

“For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

The Holy Spirit was never intended to replace a spouse. Paul expresses the same in 1 Corinthians 7:7.

“I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.“

Thus singleness may be the result of spiritual gifts, medical maladies, castration, or personal choice.

Christ said, “let the one” not let all. Many of the apostles were married and they were given the Comforter.

“Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?“ —1 Corinthians 9:5

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...When you have the Holy Spirit

Your comforter
Your Teacher
Your Helper
Your Sanctifier
Your guide
Your companion for now and eternity?

Do you truly know Him, if you do why do you live like one who doesn't?

God bless you

Some of us have the gift that Paul said he had, and are happy with our singleness, but the vast majority of us aren't like that, and never will be, and feel incomplete without the companionship of a member of the opposite gender. Paul was somewhat unique amongst the apostles in that way, for many (but not all) of them had wives, and they apparently often travelled with them. Couples need the Holy Spirit as their counsellor too, and God has provided Him for them as well.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Different roles of relationships. Does the Holy Spirit fulfill a need for a partner on EQUAL footing? No. You are not God's equal. The Holy spirit is male, male and female He created them, does a male holy spirit fulfill the role of a female companion for a male believer? No, and probably because we are not His equal, the Holy Spirit probably does not fulfill that role for a female believer either. It's not an equal relationship. You are the subordinate creation, He is the superior creator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In regards to the gender of the Holy Spirit it depends on which language one is working from: The grammatical gender of the word for "spirit" is feminine in Hebrew (רוּחַ, rūaḥ), neuter in Greek (πνεῦμα, pneûma) and masculine in Latin (). The neuter Greek πνεῦμα is used in the Septuagint to translate the Hebrew רוּחַ.

I think only a few people have the gift from God of being single. Just last month I was hiking and meet some men from a Catholic seminary. After talking to them a while I made the comment that I couldn't never be a celibate priest. To which these 3 men asked me to pray for them that they could remain pure. I did pray for them, but in my mind if one needs prayer for this then they don't have that single gift from God.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In regards to the gender of the Holy Spirit it depends on which language one is working from: The grammatical gender of the word for "spirit" is feminine in Hebrew (רוּחַ, rūaḥ), neuter in Greek (πνεῦμα, pneûma) and masculine in Latin (). The neuter Greek πνεῦμα is used in the Septuagint to translate the Hebrew רוּחַ.

I think only a few people have the gift from God of being single. Just last month I was hiking and meet some men from a Catholic seminary. After talking to them a while I made the comment that I couldn't never be a celibate priest. To which these 3 men asked me to pray for them that they could remain pure. I did pray for them, but in my mind if one needs prayer for this then they don't have that single gift from God.

The Holy Spirit is referred to as he and him by Jesus in the Gospel of John.
John 14:16
John 14:26
John 15:26
John 16:7

So.. if you feel an empty void for a female companion in your walk, the holy spirit is not that.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Spirit is referred to as he and him by Jesus in the Gospel of John.
John 14:16
John 14:26
John 15:26
John 16:7

So.. if you feel an empty void for a female companion in your walk, the holy spirit is not that.

Jamdoc ... did you read what I said .. the Greek is neuter when it speaks of the Holy Spirit. Its not Masculine like most English translations. But there are translations that try to stay closer to what the Greek is like Contemporary English Version:
John 14:16 Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.
John:14:26 But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you.
John 15:26 I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows what is true. The Spirit will help you and will tell you about me.
John 16:7 But I tell you that I am going to do what is best for you. That is why I am going away. The Holy Spirit cannot come to help you until I leave. But after I am gone, I will send the Spirit to you.

Personally, I don't have an empty void that I'm filling with female companionship as the Holy Spirit fills my heart. The way God uses me with thru friendship. So if I'm going to help people grow in the Lord I have to become their friend.
:)

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
People of God, allow the Holy Spirit to comfort you, stop making excuses for satan to build strong holds of misery in your lives, you're serving a great God who is beyond capable of giving your hearts peace. God bless

it's not a strong hold of misery, it's a desire going unfulfilled; a desire God himself puts in the majority of the people walking the earth. Yes, you can suppress those desires but it is not encouraged. Singleness is great if you are not "burning". I am not burning so I'm fine with it. My fire went out years ago when my MS came in, hence my contempt with singleness and God. For the majority, this is NOT the case. The issue you may be referring too is when someone puts human love over God. That, is in itself, wrong. There is a desire only God can fill but there is also a desire only man can fill. No one is having sex with God.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
it's not a strong hold of misery, it's a desire going unfulfilled; a desire God himself puts in the majority of the people walking the earth. Yes, you can suppress those desires but it is not encouraged. Singleness is great if you are not "burning". I am not burning so I'm fine with it. My fire went out years ago when my MS came in, hence my contempt with singleness and God. For the majority, this is NOT the case. The issue you may be referring too is when someone puts human love over God. That, is in itself, wrong. There is a desire only God can fill but there is also a desire only man can fill. No one is having sex with God.

A lot of times I think people make that mistake, they think because we yearn for that unfulfilled desire that we have no desire for God. It's not true it's just that we presently have the holy spirit, that sates that need to some extent and we have a promise made to us that it will be fully met. Because we trust God that that need will be fully met, we're not yearning for that desire. Human companionship on the other hand is not promised and in fact, is promised to not happen for eternity once the resurrection happens. That makes it worse because now if something you want is out of reach in this life (I also have MS), the promise that it'll be out of reach forever makes it more painful and bitter to deal with.

• Friendly
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0