• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How can we see distant stars in a young universe?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by caddy, Apr 13, 2005.

1. caddy

caddy Junior Member

+1
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Physics_guy

Physics_guy Well-Known Member

+57
    Would you care to learn the physics why Humphreys is wrong (and dishonestly so)?

His white-hole cosmology relies upon some truly nonsensical and in likely fraudulent mathematics (he knows that his time coordinate is not acceptable given GR, but he uses it anyway to make his "model" work).

3. Vastavus

Vastavus Man is free at the moment he wishes to be

+83
    Deist
    Single
    US-Others
  4. Hydra009

Hydra009 bel esprit

+334
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
  5. TheMagi

TheMagi Member

+10
    Protestant
    All complete nonsense. And I'm a creationist. It would be bad enough if he was inaccurate about his own theories, but this, for example:
    I have a bit of trouble reconciling that with conventional big bang theory...

Magi

6. caddy

caddy Junior Member

+1
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Kind of like what Miller-Urey did years ago working with elements they thought existed in the early atmosphere, of which today has been (actually since the 60s) has all but been proved False, but yet, it is STILL taught in our Science books as though it were valid proofs for evolution.

Thanks for the Heads up. I'm NOT familiar with Humphreys at all.:thumbsup:

7. NamesAreHardToPick

NamesAreHardToPick All That You Can Leave Behind

+109
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    1. Theist posts a link from a random website.
    2. Therefore, God exists.

8. LittleNipper

LittleNipper Contributor

+165
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Well, now you know how a Bible believing Christian feels every time he sees magazine & newspaper articles, textbooks, TV specials, etc., proclaiming evolution as viable fact.

9. Carmack

Carmack Member

+5
    Atheist
    That's evidence for abiogenesis, not evolution.

How has it been proven false?

10. At Peace Without God

At Peace Without God Member

+4
    Atheist
    Maybe the whole theory needs to be translated back from tongues. I just don't understand TongueMath and TonguePhysics enough to see how this works.

Maybe this is the parallel universe people talk about, where the laws of physics are completely different.

11. TheMagi

TheMagi Member

+10
    Protestant
    I think you missed a couple of steps:

1. Theist posts a link from a random website.
    2. God is Good
    3. If God is good, then he would not decieve his followers.
    4. If God does not decieve us, he would not allow those using false evidence to prove his existence
    5. If a website exists demonstrating God's existence, then it cannot be false, or this would constitute deception.
    6. Therefore, God exists.

Perhaps you are being a little unfair... :)
    Magi

12. caddy

caddy Junior Member

+1
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As your quote of Mr. Russell suggests something similiar to Socrates, which I like:

The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I'm full of Doubt on many things when it comes to Origins, but not as it relates to God, but your post seems to imply your more sure of things than I am?

Or am I reading you wrong....?

13. Lucretius

Lucretius Senior Veteran

+189
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You missed a step as well: Step 1.5 "Proof of God". Where is step 1.5?!

14. LittleNipper

LittleNipper Contributor

+165
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    This is simple. GOD created the LIGHT and then GOD created a source for the LIGHT.

15. Physics_guy

Physics_guy Well-Known Member

+57
    Then why did he create sources for light that must never have actually existed (for example supernova that are more than 10,000 light years away).

16. NamesAreHardToPick

+109
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    No, I couldn't remember it from Godless Geeks that I had seen, but it's funny.

Here it is:

I had forgotten number 1, oops.

17. LittleNipper

LittleNipper Contributor

+165
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    GOD likes diversity...

18. Lucretius

Lucretius Senior Veteran

+189
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't think that answers the question lol

19. NamesAreHardToPick

+109
    Other Religion
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    You're reading me wrong. I post for irony and humor about 75% of the time. I love how you said you don't doubt when it relates to God though, I'll have to add that to my dumb quotes sometime.

20. 3Amig(o)s

3Amig(o)s 3Amig(o)s

+5
    Non-Denom