Visit site
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is such a touchy subject but, I can't get it off my mind. I've sat here and read posts about parents who abuse their children physically and/or emotionally and I just don't get it!:mad:

I wasn't sure where to post this:confused: because it could go in Parenting, Womens Discussions, or even religious posts. So...it ended up here!

I'm not asking for a debate but, I just don't understand how anyone could think that a child being born isn't a miracle from God. I can't seem to think of it in a scientific way. I mean...come on...one egg...one sperm...and ten months later...a baby! How cool is that!:clap:

(More for mother)
My point is that..how can we harm our children despite carrying them for ten months. Feeling them, birthing them, caring for them and then abuse them? It makes no sense to me. God created this wonderful little person and gifted us with their life and some of us abuse that right.

I'm sorry for coming off like this. My posts are normally not aggressive. It's just that I've read so much lately that it just makes we want to cry.:cry:

Anyone have anything they want to add?:confused:

This is more of a rant thread to help get some of the frustration out...

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are many people who let life overwhelm them instead of leaning on the Lord and letting Him carry the burden. Kids can really push a parent's buttons, and I just don't know how non-believers deal with the stresses of having a family. I know that the Lord has been an integral advocate for my marriage and the raising of my child. Without God, I would have caved many times under the pressure of a screaming baby, terrible temper tantrums, back-talking, and disasterously disgusting potty accidents. Many folks think that the problems are primarily with their children, not thinking that the real problem is with the condition of THEIR heart.

That aside, there are just some people who do not value the wonderful gift of life.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, my pastor just said something tonight that really hit me. I think so many times we give ourselves too much credit. People say making love makes babies...not true. If it were, everytime a couple had sex at that particular time of the month, there would be a pregnancy. It takes God to create that spark of life, and so many times I'm amazed that more people don't see that. It's such a precious gift.

Upvote 0