How can we differentiate Jesus and the Anti-christ?

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you don't believe a literal false-Messiah is coming to Jerusalem for the end to set himself up as GOD?
I'm saying he doesn't have to be supernatural. As elections lately show, people will fall for anything. I'm also saying that an anti-Christ system has existed since the Garden, so that is what people have come to only understand as that is what the world has taught them since birth. The Church which was supposed to represent the Kingdom, broadsided Jesus' Gospel and rejoined the world of man during the Roman Empire, emulated the system and created kingdoms of their own. No one batted an eye.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying he doesn't have to be supernatural. As elections lately show, people will fall for anything. I'm also saying that an anti-Christ system has existed since the Garden, so that is what people have come to only understand as that is what the world has taught them since birth. The Church which was supposed to represent the Kingdom, broadsided Jesus' Gospel and rejoined the world of man during the Roman Empire, emulated the system and created kingdoms of their own. No one batted an eye.

Then I take that to mean that you do NOT... believe a false-Messiah is coming to Jerusalem to work great signs and wonders that if possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect.

I cannot help you.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some money-loving preacher came up with that idea to sell it like at a side-show! Wonder how much money that has brought those fakes in their pockets!
Some money loving preacher? You don't know who? You also don't know how much money they made, if any, yet you know they are money loving?

I am pretty sure that J.N. Darby taught this.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then I take that to mean that you do NOT... believe a false-Messiah is coming to Jerusalem to work great signs and wonders that if possible
I didn't say that.. I said whatever/whoever it was would be a saviour of the world, not of the Kingdom.,

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So I want to be hundred percent confident that when the Anti-Christ is revealed I would know that it’s him. However If so many people even Christians are going to be deceived, would the anti-christ try to replicate Jesus second coming? What are the clear differences between the Anti- christ and Jesus second coming. So that Christians aren’t deceived. I don’t think the Anti- Christ will seem evil, I assume that he would come in the name of love and actual Christians will be hated because they reject “love” obviously a skewed version of it. I think that’s what worries me because they will say isn’t the bible all about love anyways. So how can we not be deceived by this?
Brace, there is no need to even consider this: the church is taken to heaven before the man of sin will be revealed. It will be for those left behind at Paul's rapture to worry.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So I want to be hundred percent confident that when the Anti-Christ is revealed I would know that it’s him. However If so many people even Christians are going to be deceived, would the anti-christ try to replicate Jesus second coming? What are the clear differences between the Anti- christ and Jesus second coming. So that Christians aren’t deceived. I don’t think the Anti- Christ will seem evil, I assume that he would come in the name of love and actual Christians will be hated because they reject “love” obviously a skewed version of it. I think that’s what worries me because they will say isn’t the bible all about love anyways. So how can we not be deceived by this?

There have been many antichrists.

However, it's pretty easy to know the difference between Jesus' return and a false messianic claimant:

Nobody will have to tell you when Jesus comes back, you'll now it. Everyone will.
Thus if anyone has to tell you, then they are liars, ignore them.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some money loving preacher? You don't know who? You also don't know how much money they made, if any, yet you know they are money loving?

I am pretty sure that J.N. Darby taught this.

When they begin first off, asking for money, and much of their talking is about money, then what is most on their mind? Money! I remember old Oral Roberts went up in his tower (probably a penthouse) and said he wasn't coming down until he got something like $6 million donated. Not strange that a majority of the prosperity preachers are on a 'fly away' doctrine.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When they begin first off, asking for money, and much of their talking is about money, then what is most on their mind? Money! I remember old Oral Roberts went up in his tower (probably a penthouse) and said he wasn't coming down until he got something like $6 million donated. Not strange that a majority of the prosperity preachers are on a 'fly away' doctrine.
The fact that oral Roberts was asking for money and had other evidence that he is all about money proves that he is interested in money. However, Oral didn't invent this interpretation he lifted it from Nee or Darby. So unless you can prove that Darby and Nee were money grubbers and used this theory to line their pockets the logic in your argument doesn't hold up.

I am familiar with both Nee and Darby and am quite aware of their sins as well as their ministry. They had their sins, which are not relevant here, but money grubbers is really not the issue either one had.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fact that oral Roberts was asking for money and had other evidence that he is all about money proves that he is interested in money. However, Oral didn't invent this interpretation he lifted it from Nee or Darby. So unless you can prove that Darby and Nee were money grubbers and used this theory to line their pockets the logic in your argument doesn't hold up.

I am familiar with both Nee and Darby and am quite aware of their sins as well as their ministry. They had their sins, which are not relevant here, but money grubbers is really not the issue either one had.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Nah, I'm not going to go off into Darby-land with you. God's Word is the source for all Truth, and if you cannot stay in His Word on the matter, then you have nothing to back up your claims. And so far, you've done nothing to prove the pre-trib rapture doctrine.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nah, I'm not going to go off into Darby-land with you. God's Word is the source for all Truth, and if you cannot stay in His Word on the matter, then you have nothing to back up your claims. And so far, you've done nothing to prove the pre-trib rapture doctrine.
What claim? What post? I'll be happy to back up anything said in any of my posts, just tell me which one.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What claim? What post? I'll be happy to back up anything said in any of my posts, just tell me which one.

You mean you DON'T support a pre-trib rapture theory?

Looked like it to me, as you were arguing against what I said about prosperity preaching and it's common link to pre-trib rapture preachers, which I NEVER specifically said Darby was one.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, I'm going to pull out all the stops. Here is why the coming Antichrist will be Satan himself, in person, here on earth, at the end just prior to Christ's return. For those who have a problem believing in things supernatural, you might want to go away, or cover your eyes or something.

1. in Ezekiel 28 & 31, and Isaiah 14, our Heavenly Father revealed how Satan originally sinned against Him in coveting His Throne. Through parable, we are shown that Satan was originally created a covering cherub (meaning his job was guarding the Mercy Seat of God's Throne), and he was originally created perfect in his ways. In other words, originally Satan served GOD, and was a good cherub. But then through his coveting he fell and iniquity was found in him. Our Lord Jesus was there, as He said He saw Satan as lightning fall from heaven (Luke 10:18). This all happened in a previous world age, even prior to Adam and Eve. One might call it an angelic world age that was before flesh man (2 Peter 3:5-6; Genesis 1:2).

2. God ended that old world age, because of Satan's rebellion. He then began this 2nd world age we are still in now, which is preserved unto destruction by fire (2 Peter 3:10). Our Lord Jesus was ordained to be born in the flesh through woman's womb to die on the cross for the remission of sins of those who believe on Him. His whole purpose in doing that we are told, was to defeat death and the devil for us (Hebrews 2:14; 1 John 3:8).

3. At the same time with God creating this 2nd world age, He placed His creation in a state of imperfection, in bondage to vanity (Romans 8:18-25). Even God's creation today is looking forward to the release from that bondage, along with us, with the future manifesting of the sons of God (i.e., pointing to the future new heavens and a new earth time). Thus, today's creation is imperfect, not how God originally created it. Satan's rebellion caused this 2nd world age of today, and is why God placed His creation in its state of bondage to corruption for today's world age.

4. in the time old, before Satan fell, he was over all great nations that existed on this earth before (meaning even prior to Adam). That was not a pre-Adamic flesh race nor anything like that. It was an angelic dwelling upon the old earth. In the Ezekiel 31 parable this is hinted at, before he fell. So ideas that this earth isn't very ancient are just tools used by Satan to keep the previous world age a secret. In Jeremiah 4:23-28, God reveals His anger with destroying that old earth of Genesis 1:1, and creating today's earth state beginning at Genesis 1:2 forward. And for this reason He said the earth would mourn, and the sky above would be black (i.e., storms from a faulty atmosphere around the earth).

5. In Genesis 2 with God's Garden of Eden upon this earth, that is to show that He once dwelt upon this earth, with His River of the Waters of Life, and the Tree of Life, all in His Garden of Eden. We are shown that His River flowed out of Eden to feed four other rivers upon the earth, two of which still exist today (Euphrates and Tigris). Genesis 3, after Adam fell, reveals God removing His Eden off of this earth to another dimension of existence, behind a veil, with flaming cherubim guarding the way to the Tree of Life. We are to especially grasp that His Abode was once upon this earth, literally. Thus the supernatural, for our Heavenly Father is Supernatural, a Spirit, can literally live and walk upon this earth. Like He said in Isaiah 45:18, He created this earth to be inhabited, and it always will be, for the meek shall inherit the earth.

6. For the end of this present world, God is going to allow Satan and his angels to try and play God once again, as he did in the beginning when he fell. This is the difference between the beast kingdom of only seven crowns shown in Revelation 12:3-4 when he drew a third of the stars (angels) into rebellion with him. The Revelation 13:1 beast kingdom for the end is to have ten crowns instead of seven. That is a direct parallel to the system Satan originally rebelled with in the previous world age before God destroyed that time.

7. some have difficulty with understanding the angelic. Our Lord Jesus said in the resurrection, they don't marry nor take in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. He was saying the resurrection is an angel-like existence. It is of a different dimension than material matter. It is made up of Spirit instead, which our Heavenly Father is a Spirit. Forget the Hollywood movie junk, all that is only Satan's design to steer understanding away from what the spiritual actually is about. Our Heavenly Father has an outward Image Likeness like we do, and it is that of man (Gen.1:26-27). This is why angels in God's Word appear with the image of men (Gen.19; Acts 1). That image originates from God. The angels can eat our food and live and walk upon this earth. Hebrews 13 tells us to be mindful to entertain strangers, because some have entertained angels and didn't know it. That shows they can be walking around among us and we won't know it. So forget all the Hollywood hype about spirits and what-not. There's good angels, and there's bad angels, just as the same with people on earth, there is a division in the Heavenly also.

8. some in today's world have their spiritual eyes and ears closed so that they cannot understand The Gospel nor the previous events above. God has His Own time schedule for when all eyes and ears will be opened, everyone fully understanding. Only He can change who hears and sees and who doesn't. We can only plant seeds of His Truth as He gives us. He has assured us through His prophets and Apostles that all knees will indeed bow to Him and His Son. That is according to His timeline, not ours.

These events reveal just how much the things of this world and man's sufferings are worth, that the treasures of this world, man's great wealth and pride, are mere nothings in contrast to the world to come after God destroys this present world age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean you DON'T support a pre-trib rapture theory?

Looked like it to me, as you were arguing against what I said about prosperity preaching and it's common link to pre-trib rapture preachers, which I NEVER specifically said Darby was one.
just give me the claim and the post

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The readers should know, Oral Roberts house was sold, along with 5 others on 9 acres, Bordering ORU campus, for $1.5 million. He did not buy or build a mansion. His house had formica counter tops. It was plain by todays standards.

I wonder what some of the writers here would do if God told them to build something and money came to start the project - a hospital where prayer and doctors could mix - The City of Faith - and then money stopped coming?

Finally, God told Oral that He, God, had given all the money He (God) could give for the seed Oral had sown. All the staff and faculty gave an offering and Oral gave a check for $77,777 to another ministry. Money came in and the City of Faith was finished.

The truth is, ORU is a very special university - built by the vision of one man. In short, don't criticize him!

Upvote 0