Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
spiritually by prayer and sharing of the scriptures.

practically by providing something they need which can be small like offering to babysit for a couple that could use a night out or volunteering in the daycare or giving a few $ for a special need you see. Even holding a door for perhaps an elderly person.

emotionally, offer words of encouragement , be a good listener, have empathy for others.

in reality there are countless ways to bless others and to sum it up is to see a need and be creative in providing it. For example my wife works hard and teaches 6th grade. I can tell her what a great job that she is doing and it is perhaps a level 2 blessing. If I make a hand made card and put in a great scripture and a 20$ starbucks card it might be something she remembers for life. Often the leading of the Holy Spirit will be involved and she might be discouraged when I send her the card and it might be the word she needed to recharge her. God does many miracles in the realm of the normal everyday life. If we look and listen we can see the opportunities an recognize when they come our way.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
spiritually by prayer and sharing of the scriptures.

practically by providing something they need which can be small like offering to babysit for a couple that could use a night out or volunteering in the daycare or giving a few $ for a special need you see. Even holding a door for perhaps an elderly person.

emotionally, offer words of encouragement , be a good listener, have empathy for others.

in reality there are countless ways to bless others and to sum it up is to see a need and be creative in providing it. For example my wife works hard and teaches 6th grade. I can tell her what a great job that she is doing and it is perhaps a level 2 blessing. If I make a hand made card and put in a great scripture and a 20$ starbucks card it might be something she remembers for life. Often the leading of the Holy Spirit will be involved and she might be discouraged when I send her the card and it might be the word she needed to recharge her. God does many miracles in the realm of the normal everyday life. If we look and listen we can see the opportunities an recognize when they come our way.
So many helpful suggestions 'Brian'. Thankyou! I need to work on these!

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God bless you as seeking this kind of thing will open a door into your understanding of really what it is to love. Think of it Jesus said if you give a glass of water in His name it will not be forgotten. If we remember we are alive unto that name there are a lot of thirsty people out there. What is cool we thirst ourselves and every one of us has full access to the fountains of living water in our innermost being. We need to be filled to pour out. I think Ill make the at card today....

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God bless you as seeking this kind of thing will open a door into your understanding of really what it is to love. Think of it Jesus said if you give a glass of water in His name it will not be forgotten. If we remember we are alive unto that name there are a lot of thirsty people out there. What is cool we thirst ourselves and every one of us has full access to the fountains of living water in our innermost being. We need to be filled to pour out. I think Ill make the at card today....
Thankyou. I can remember babysitting for friends when i was young. My wife and I have often baby sat for family. We have been on the receiving end when our children were small and we were in full time ministry. We were so grateful!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying for a neighbour who has been seriously ill. She was out today in her garden and I could ask her how she was. She seemed to appreciate the concern. I will carry on praying...

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I usually hang out on the controversial doctrine threads.
But opted for something a little more peaceful. So, I am visiting this area again.

Today my wife was speaking peace over me in a situation. This was a great blessing.
She had shared a message link with me earlier in the week. We were putting it into practice. Link below.

Graham Cooke 2019 | NEW MESSAGE: Stillness And The Voice Of God ( February 05, 2019 )

• Agree
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I usually hang out on the controversial doctrine threads.
But opted for something a little more peaceful. So, I am visiting this area again.

Today my wife was speaking peace over me in a situation. This was a great blessing.
She had shared a message link with me earlier in the week. We were putting it into practice. Link below.

Graham Cooke 2019 | NEW MESSAGE: Stillness And The Voice Of God ( February 05, 2019 )
Thankyou Steven for coming back here to bless us! You knew this would bless us and it has blessed me. 'Peace and rest' be ours today and forever!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankyou Steven for coming back here to bless us! You knew this would bless us and it has blessed me. 'Peace and rest' be ours today and forever!
Thanks. Yes, I pray peace and rest over those who read these words.

One of the key ideas in the video (link above) is about confronting life's challenges with the fruit of the Spirit. Rather than react in the flesh, choose the appropriate fruit of the Spirit to respond to it.

When challenges confront us, we can disarm them in the Spirit. It's a win/win situation.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying for a neighbour who has been seriously ill. She was out today in her garden and I could ask her how she was. She seemed to appreciate the concern. I will carry on praying...
It is in these small encounters that God shows His love through us. May we all take these opportunities that come our way!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In my younger days we used to go into four elderly care homes and sing their favourite hymns and pray and minister to those who came to the community room for a good time.
That sounds really good, ...Our visit takes the form of a short communion service, offered to all, no distinction made, and some hymns plus the assurance that God's love is for everyone. I know that they cannot all be Christians, no call to repentance, ...:oops:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That sounds really good, ...Our visit takes the form of a short communion service, offered to all, no distinction made, and some hymns plus the assurance that God's love is for everyone. I know that they cannot all be Christians, no call to repentance, ...:oops:
It"s a wonderful outreach. Not always easy,but so valuable in reaching hearts for Jesus. God bless you and the team!

Upvote 0