United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Primarily, by refusing the spirit of Brother against Brother

Over the years, I would see it resurface time and again, even in AOG settings, “I don’t watch the news, they are all liars.” How often I have wondered, how they come to the conclusion that this is what God calls us to conclude?

But the Lord did well care for the flock in saying: “[W]hen you will hear” (Mt. 24:6), and “when you see” (Mt.24:15) and when the report goes out saying: “’[H]ere is the Christ’, or ‘He is in the desert’, do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’” the Lord said, “do not believe them” (Mt 24:26).

So, when we are told the report, He said to respond just like this, not a word is mentioned about turning away any forthcoming notices. So receiving the report is as it is written, directed for and at His people. Therefore, hearing of such “sorrow” as it is written of the world isn’t the quenching of the Spirit, (though it can be compounded and eventually swallow up an individual), but rather how we respond.

If therefore anyone wasn’t watching, the reporting of news that describes our world has reached a time much worse than when I was a youngster being told, “they only tell you what they want you to hear”. The young journalist today of integrity is put to the test from the first day of seeking their degree – trashing Christianity.

This I feel has direct bearing on the masses.

Too bad the public treatment of a Brother by Christians isn't always synonymous with a good report. As the Lord said “offenses” must come but “woe to them” who give them, and that goes for Christians too.

Take the treatment Donald Trump whom recently received Christ as savior is receiving. At my own place of employment from management-down, can’t let one minute pass without replaying for me their choice of “trustworthy” information orgs. I find Christians themselves are incapable of escaping the vilifying opinions over a square report. They are seen on all sides of the individual.

Christian or Heathen? While whether or not the sincerity over Donald’s Christian conversion might only be known within the loop, or, over poll-jockeying isn’t ordinarily likely, there’s a huge pattern of integrity of his feverishly attempting to be smeared going back decades.

Look how far back and infrequent they have to go to get these things, does that not count for anything? And then there is the report no one dares to lay a single finger on, and the angels are not yet done rejoicing over Donald’s sonship with Christ. “Meaningless”? I suppose that’s fair though not right.

How is any critical thinker going to give him passage? The “root of all evil” has got to be the continual lot of every public profiteer, isn’t that the most viably held one, to go back at letting that be the sub-conscience case for the minds of the people who don’t watch the news, and the building of the case as “gospel truth” for those mainstream-mediaites who do?

Yep, there is plenty who wish to swallow the lie of one happy family of humanity, but the “if” was also put there for a reason. Not to be confused with suffering for the gospel, but for the maintenance of societal order.

If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.” (Romans 12:18)​

God’s people ought to be able to tell when a Christian journalist is forfeiting the Spirit’s fellowship of unity.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0