How can this be, My soul doth magnify the Lord?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

All who are called by Yahweh, let us rejoice and be glad in HIM! YES ! AMEIN ! HALLELUYAH !

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

All who are called by Yahweh, let us rejoice and be glad in HIM! YES ! AMEIN ! HALLELUYAH !
It like Mary might have known some scripture.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It like Mary might have known some scripture.
Cool - understatement of the year ! :)

Mary, and the disciples also, knew and observed TORAH better than anyone we have met in our lifetimes, almost certainly.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Looking at Luke 1:48-55 we can see how words of her soul were immediately magnifying Adonai. It is because she continued in belief (Luke 1:45), and she raised Jesus with that belief, producing such a powerful faith,.. one can only imagine what other words her soul had offered to magnify Adonai (John 2:5 is one idea).

Surely, Jesus' faith was fostered by the faith of this holy mother. Remember the words of His soul at the culmination of that faith: John 12:27-28:

“Now My soul is troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But it was for this reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your name!”

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
producing such a powerful faith,.

Jesus' faith was fostered by the faith ....

All ekklesia are holy, set apart, but nothing in God's Word says that we or anyone can or is able to produce any faith in anyone else.....
In fact, Yahweh says that even the 3 mighty men of faith cannot by their own faith save their own sons....

We can sow seed , water seed, teach and train others,
but faith is a gift from Yahweh, given by Yahweh, as He pleases.

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All ekklesia are holy, set apart, but nothing in God's Word says that we or anyone can or is able to produce any faith in anyone else.....
In fact, Yahweh says that even the 3 mighty men of faith cannot by their own faith save their own sons....

We can sow seed , water seed, teach and train others,
but faith is a gift from Yahweh, given by Yahweh, as He pleases.
Indeed, and concisely! Thanks for adding that :)

It is the quality of the sowing and the watering that St. Paul speaks of in 1 Corinthians 3:6-7, that's what I am emphasising. It was the quality of Mother Mary's faith that provided the perfect environment for Jesus' faith to flourish, when indeed He was vulnerable while growing in her care as a child.

Mary was of course human and therefore subject to human constraints so that she could not be the sole author of Jesus' faith, but it is The Holy Spirit in her that is the Omniscience that gives growth to all Christian disciples, because The Spirit knows all things and He is always with us (Matthew 23:8-10).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums