How can the grace of God be resisted by some yet received by others?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have no idea what your point is.
Hopefully and simply the same as yours.

Saying what the FATHER says. HIS WORD.
Blessed Speaking HIS WORD and
whoever listens be BLESSED ALSO.

Too many here and everywhere are adding to or taking away from HIS WORD.
HIS WORD SAYS what happens then.

We [ecclesia] just stick to [adhere to] HIS WORD always.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Let me guess, the ESV? Yes, it is.

And yes Menno, it is about salvation. Have you washed your robe? Do you hear the message given? Are you thirsty? If so, COME! Don't wait any longer...COME! Don't sit around and do nothing...He's calling you...will you come, or will you stay behind outside the city? The Spirit and Bride say, "COME"! It's your choice Menno; will you COME?

Jesus is coming soon, Amen! And He bids you to COME! What do you choose?
We disagree.

You are taking this passage and making salvation by works the main point of the passage.

I cannot make you see how wrong you are. You continue to use the Bible as a proof text for your pretext out of context. I can't help you.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We disagree.

You are taking this passage and making salvation by works the main point of the passage.

I cannot make you see how wrong you are. You continue to use the Bible as a proof text for your pretext out of context. I can't help you.

So you freely choose not to come, even though Jesus, the Spirit, and the Bride say come?

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Have you chosen to come yet?

Do you not believe Jesus, the Spirit, and the Bride have said come?
You are running down your rabbit hole.
Grace does not equal works, yet you keep promoting it that way.
When you wish to understand grace let us know.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are running down your rabbit hole.
Grace does not equal works, yet you keep promoting it that way.
When you wish to understand grace let us know.

The truth in Revelation just doesn't hold water in your thinking. You have been given the opportunity to come several times now and you have ignored it each time.

Revelation 22;17
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Will you continue to quench the Spirit's calling? Do you not desire to take the water of life freely? Do you not thirst? Can you not hear these words of Jesus?

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
The truth in Revelation just doesn't hold water in your thinking. You have been given the opportunity to come several times now and you have ignored it each time.

Revelation 22;17
And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Will you continue to quench the Spirit's calling? Do you not desire to take the water of life freely? Do you not thirst? Can you not hear these words of Jesus?
I will tell you that Revelation 22 is not about salvation, just as Revelation 3:16 is not about salvation.
Look at context and get back to us.
Why do you want to work your way into God's family? Are you a Galatian who wishes to go back to the law?
Do you know what grace is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will tell you that Revelation 22 is not about salvation, just as Revelation 3:16 is not about salvation.
Look at context and get back to us.
Why do you want to work your way into God's family? Are you a Galatian who wishes to go back to the law?
Do you know what grace is?

This is not looking good. God is using His word to draw you, and you refuse to come that you may partake of the water of life freely. God's grace is written all over these words in Revelation.

You are using your free will to reject these words of life. Remember today Menno, for this exchange between us will be written on your heart forever. When God asks you if you answered His call to come, you will have today as a reminder you were given the chance. Remember, Jesus said His words will judge us. His word is to come and partake of the water of life freely. I pray you will answer the call, but it's your choice.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
This is not looking good. God is using His word to draw you, and you refuse to come that you may partake of the water of life freely. God's grace is written all over these words in Revelation.

You are using your free will to reject these words of life. Remember today Menno, for this exchange between us will be written on your heart forever. When God asks you if you answered His call to come, you will have today as a reminder you were given the chance. Remember, Jesus said His words will judge us. His word is to come and partake of the water of life freely. I pray you will answer the call, but it's your choice.

No, you are desperately attempting a faux holiness apart from sound biblical exegesis. You have continually honed in on specific verses outside of context in an attempt to push your non-biblical narrative of salvation by works apart from grace. I'm not buying your Pelagian argument, nor should any Christian who wants to know God's grace.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, you are desperately attempting a faux holiness apart from sound biblical exegesis. You have continually honed in on specific verses outside of context in an attempt to push your non-biblical narrative of salvation by works apart from grace. I'm not buying your Pelagian argument, nor should any Christian who wants to know God's grace.

Be it as you desire. I don't want you to buy my argument; the water of life is given freely to all those who come.

Let me give it to you again.

Revelation 22;17

I hear what the Spirit is saying, and I am saying to you, "Come!" If you do not thirst and have need of the water of life, I understand you won't come, for you have satisfied your thirst elsewhere. It is God's grace to show you His words of life.

If you don't desire to come, we see the answer to OP. Yes, the grace of God can be resisted.

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Be it as you desire. I don't want you to buy my argument; the water of life is given freely to all those who come.

Let me give it to you again.

Revelation 22;17

I hear what the Spirit is saying, and I am saying to you, "Come!" If you do not thirst and have need of the water of life, I understand you won't come, for you have satisfied your thirst elsewhere. It is God's grace to show you His words of life.

If you don't desire to come, we see the answer to OP. Yes, the grace of God can be resisted.
When does Revelation 22 take place? To whom is Yeshua speaking in Revelation 22? Do you see your exegetical error?

You call works, grace. When you can share what grace is, let us know, because you are describing works, not grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When does Revelation 22 take place? To whom is Yeshua speaking in Revelation 22? Do you see your exegetical error?

He's telling this to His church.

Revelation 22:16
I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches.

Does it matter when these things take place if you don't believe and act upon them?

Upvote 0