How can satan be already bound without contradicting Revelation 12?

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, this resurrection at Christ's resurrection would hold true to your millennial view.

It has nothing to do with a Millennial view.

You still have a resurrection at the beginning of the millennial reign and one at the end!

No, Then thousand years doesn't begin until Christ has returned.

You can't have a "first resurrection" before the "first resurrection"

Of course you can. I have already explained this.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That argument doesn't support your view any more than it refutes mine.

Good point. So let's see if Premil can pinpoint when he is initially bound and imprisoned then. It's not required that this has to be found in the NT though. The OT is holy writ, too.

Isaiah 24:21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Let's do some comparing here.

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

It looks like the kings of the earth are being punished in Revelation 19 to me. It looks like their punishment involves their deaths though. The beast and false prophet are also punished here. They are cast into the LOF at the time. Who do we not see being punished in Revelation 19? satan and his angels. Obviously satan and his angels would be a part of the following in Isaiah 24:21---the host of the high ones that are on high. If we continue on in Isaiah 24 we see the following next.

Isaiah 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

This says they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison. Who would they be meaning though? In light of Revelation 19 it doesn't appear it's meaning the beast and fp, nor any of their armies. The former are cast into the LOF at the 2nd coming in Revelation 19. The latter are killed. Logically it has to be meaning someone who is a part of the host of the high ones that are on high then.

The only ones left it can fit would be satan and his angels.

If we turn to Revelation 20 next, we see satan gets cast into a pit, and that verse 7 in that same chapter calls it a prison that he had been confined in for the past thousand years prior to him being loosed from there.

Isaiah 24:22 makes a profound statement at the end of the verse, in which Amil appears to have no answer for----and after many days shall they be visited.

What comes after the thousand years? satan's little season followed by him being cast into the LOF, thus no more satan to plague mankind from that time forth.

IOW----And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high---And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison for a thousand years. And after many days(a thousand years) shall they be visited during satan's little season, where they meet their end at the time by being cast into the LOF to be tormented forever and ever. Meaning satan and his angels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good point. So let's see if Premil can pinpoint when he is initially bound then.

Bound and imprisoned not just bound. There is only one time when all of that happens.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good point. I edited that post and added the part about imprisoned.

Cool.

bound with a chain d.jpg
bound with a chain dog.jpg

Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The way most Premils tend to reason a lot of this, satan deceives through the beast in Revelation 13, before the millennium, then after the millennium, thru Gog & Magog. The way Amils apparently reason these same things, the beast, and Gog and Magog, they are all in the picture at the same time. Premils have the beast already in the LOF when satan is loosed after the thousand years. Amils have the beast still alive and well after the thousand years have finished.
according to your definitions, think your "Premil" is more scriptural

and think it's important to notice the increasing scale & scope of events:
  • Babylon = one city-state (1st century Jerusalem)
  • Beast = one continent-sized-region (pagan Roman empire)
  • Gog & Magog = one whole planet (earth-world-wide movement)

Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL---the dog on a leash thing again. If I ever do become Amil someday, one thing I promise is this. I will never use the dog on a leash analogy to try and support anything about satan's binding.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

satan must be on the longest leash in the universe. This doesn't depict satan being on the defense. This depicts him being on the offense. When a dog is tied up to a chain in it's yard, it is hardly also walking about in it's neighbors' yards down the block. When real world imagery is used to describe something, it has to match the imagery being used. It would be pointless to even bother using real world imagery to describe things, if in the real world it means this or that, but that it means something entirely different when it is being applied to something in the Bible. To add to this point. The imagery used to describe satan's binding, what would that mean in the real world? If someone is bound with a chain, then cast into a pit, then the lid shut upon them, would they still be able to go to Walmart to shop, for example? Would they still be able to roam around outside of the pit while they are shut up inside of it?
good point, The Adversary was not bound as of about 64 AD when Saint Peter dictated his first epistle

The Millennium had not then yet begun as of that time

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not the one found in Rev 20...that is the first of two mass bodily resurrections just like this verse:

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the gravesshall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life (FIRST RESURRECTION); and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
[/QUOTE]
the first Resurrection is only for a very small select Saintly elite

the general Resurrection is after the Millennium and Gog & Magog

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
good point, The Adversary was not bound as of about 64 AD when Saint Peter dictated his first epistle

Which is decades after the cross and resurrection and ascension proving it isn't any of those things that binds and imprisons Satan in Rev 20. Something obviously new occurs that binds and imprisons him...an angel with a chain and key to the pit namely :)

• Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and think it's important to notice the increasing scale & scope of events:
  • Babylon = one city-state (1st century Jerusalem)
  • Beast = one continent-sized-region (pagan Roman empire)
  • Gog & Magog = one whole planet (earth-world-wide movement)

I like the point you are making here. I never thought about it like that before. I wouldn't be on the same page with you in regards to the identity of Babylon and the beast, yet I still think you make an excellent point by pointing out the increasing scale & scope of these events.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
the first Resurrection is only for a very small select Saintly elite

Not quite. Yes, Rev 20 only focuses on a small group but we know all the dead in Christ resurrect at that same timeframe.

the general Resurrection is after the Millennium and Gog & Magog

There is no general resurrection. The only ones not part of the "dead in Christ rise first" are the unsaved dead and they are the second resurrection of Rev 20.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like the point you are making here. I never thought about it like that before. I wouldn't be on the same page with you in regards to the identity of Babylon and the beast, yet I still think you make an excellent point by pointing out the increasing scale & scope of these events.
well, thanks for your open mind on the first part :)

Revelation 11:8 states "The Great City" (=Babylon, per Rev 18) is where the Lord was Crucified (=1st century Jerusalem)

and the Beast of Rev = 4th Beast of Daniel = pagan Roman empire

which was indeed converted by the Church to Christianity by a Rev 19 resembling Christian conquering figure (emperor Constantine)

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11:8 states "The Great City" (=Babylon, per Rev 18) is where the Lord was Crucified (=1st century Jerusalem)

Let's assume you are correct about what Babylon is referring to, but what's recorded in Revelation 18 though, none of this has even been fulfilled yet, apparently.

Revelation 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Whatever Babylon represents, once verse 21 has been fulfilled, it will be as if it had never existed. That will never be true of Jerusalem. Jerusalem will exist forever, the great city Babylon won't. In this context, how can they be referring to the same thing? And why is it, assuming verse 21 has already been fulfilled, and that it's meaning Jerusalem, can Jerusalem still be found on the map yet today? That does not equal this---and shall be found no more at all. Sounds like a contradiction to me if what is supposed to not be found at all forever more can still be found.

Maybe I'm just trying to be logical and that that is the problem? IOW nothing has to be logical in order to still be true.

Getting back to Revelation 18:21 for a moment. I can see that verse fitting with the following though.

Daniel 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

IOW---Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them---equals this in Revelation 18:21----Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

BTW, it's not like Babylon is not mentioned in Daniel 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Good point. So let's see if Premil can pinpoint when he is initially bound and imprisoned then. It's not required that this has to be found in the NT though. The OT is holy writ, too.

Agreed, you have to interpret Scripture with Scripture and obviously we can use all of the Bible.

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

It looks like the kings of the earth are being punished in Revelation 19 to me. It looks like their punishment involves their deaths though. The beast and false prophet are also punished here. They are cast into the LOF at the time. Who do we not see being punished in Revelation 19? satan and his angels. Obviously satan and his angels would be a part of the following in Isaiah 24:21---the host of the high ones that are on high. If we continue on in Isaiah 24 we see the following next.

The end of verse 20 stated "these both" (referring to the beast and the false prophet) are cast alive into the lake of fire. It doesn't say anything about the kings.

Verse 21 - the remnant were slain with the sword. The "sword of the Spirit" is the word of God. The passage calls Christ (the rider) "the word of God".

Are we making an assumption that the kings are involved in this remnant? The fowls are told to eat the flesh of kings and might men, rich and poor. Are these "the remnant"?

In other places in Scripture "the remnant" is a reference to the redeemed. We are killed by the law to be made alive in Christ. Yet I don't think this passage is talking about that though.

Isaiah 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

This says they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison. Who would they be meaning though? In light of Revelation 19 it doesn't appear it's meaning the beast and fp, nor any of their armies. The former are cast into the LOF at the 2nd coming in Revelation 19. The latter are killed. Logically it has to be meaning someone who is a part of the host of the high ones that are on high then.

The only ones left it can fit would be satan and his angels.

Actually verse 21 of Isaiah 24 defines who are gathered together as prisoners. This included the "high ones who are on high" and the "kings upon the earth".

I think you are correct that the reference to "high ones on high" is to angels.

If we turn to Revelation 20 next, we see satan gets cast into a pit, and that verse 7 in that same chapter calls it a prison that he had been confined in for the past thousand years prior to him being loosed from there.

Isaiah 24:22 makes a profound statement at the end of the verse, in which Amil appears to have no answer for----and after many days shall they be visited.

I looked up "visited" in the Hebrew and it means "to be attended to", "called into account", "mustered (to give an answer)"; that sort of "visit". These entities cast into this prison are now to give an account. "Accounts" are "received" at the judgement seat at the end of time.

The dispute isn't over the time Satan spends in prison. The dispute is over when the millennial reign starts.

Go back to Isaiah 23 through talks about "70 years". Now 70 years is explained in other parts of the Scripture that has to do with the Babylonian captivity. They were 70 years under Nebuchadnezzar. (Jeremiah 25)

Daniel 9 talks about the 70 years of the desolation of Jerusalem. And it said Daniel understood this to be connected to the reign of Nebuchadnezzar.

So if Isaiah 24 is following chronologically on Isaiah 23, we'd be looking at things connected to the first coming of Christ through to judgment day. Nothing in that passage talks about "millennial reign" as the dispensationalists interpret it.

Now the beginning of Isaiah 24 talks about the wearing out of the earth. The new testament picks this up. The earth will wear out like an old garment. Isaiah 51:6 talks about this and Hebrews 1:11-12 refer to this too.

Verses 19 and 20. The earth is broken down. It is "clean dissolved", "moved exceedingly", "will not rise again".

This is the point that these angels and kings are judged.

It seems Revelation 19 and Isaiah 24 are talking about different events. Revelation 19 talks about the commencement of Christ's reign and Isaiah encompasses the commencement to the destruction of the earth.

And like I've pointed out before, the end of Ephesians 1 states that all domain and authority was given to Christ at the resurrection.

What comes after the thousand years? satan's little season followed by him being cast into the LOF, thus no more satan to plague mankind from that time forth.

IOW----And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high---And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison for a thousand years. And after many days(a thousand years) shall they be visited during satan's little season, where they meet their end at the time by being cast into the LOF to be tormented forever and ever. Meaning satan and his angels.

So again, I don't think the dispute is about the sequence of events as much as it's about when they happened.

Revelation 12:8-10 tells us when Satan is cast out of heaven. The beginning of this passage speaks of a woman who gives birth to a man child who's "caught up to God and His throne". That obviously is talking about the birth of Christ. The woman flees into the wilderness and is there 1290 days.

Now that number shows up in 3 places; one in Revelation 11:13 (time the two witness prophecy) and Revelation 12:6 (time woman in in wilderness) and Daniel 12:11 (daily exaltation removed to abomination set up).

Now if we take Revelation 12:8-10 in sequence of the beginning of that chapter; than Satan is cast out of heaven around the time of Christ's birth.

Now can we correlate the numbers to historical events? If the woman is in the wilderness 1290 days because Satan is trying to kill Christ. Historically we see this as Herod the Great. Jesus is about 2 years old when Herod tries to kill him. Joseph takes Mary and Jesus to Egypt.

There's 2300 days spoken of in Daniel 12. Which you have 2300 days from the time the angel appears to John the Baptist's father while in the temple, to Jesus's return from Egypt. (A little more than 6 years.) He's in Egypt 1290 days. Now you have the witnesses in Jerusalem prophesying 1290 days and they are killed at the end of their testimony and the people rejoice.

The magi first come to Jerusalem and it says Herod is troubled and "all Jerusalem with him". They come looking for the King, so this is the proclamation to the nation that the Messiah has been born. The Scripture doesn't give us a specific time as to when they arrive; nor does it tell us how long it takes them to find Jesus.

Now Revelation 11 says that the two witnesses are "two olive trees" and "two candlesticks" "standing before the God of the earth". Any man seeks to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth. They can shut up heaven that it rain not in the 1290 days. The beast ascends from the bottomless pit and makes war and kills them. Their bodies are dead in the street for 3.5 days. They are resurrected and ascend to heaven.

Now does this correlate with "many bodies of the saints came out of the graves after the resurrection"? We have people ascending to heaven and we know physically that happened. This is the only time in recorded history to date that this has happened.

Now other places in the Scripture "candle sticks" represent churches. "Olive tree" is usually a reference to that which supplies oil to the candle sticks. This language is also used in Zechariah 4. Obviously this is an allegoric picture of something in the spiritual realm because these candle sticks and olive trees are in heaven. Now is there an earthy historic manifestation of the "witnesses in the earth"; and if so what is it?

Now the 1290 days has a literal historic reference of the time span from the appearance of John the Baptist in the wilderness to the crucifixion. There's a 1335 day time span that covers John the Baptist to Pentecost. and there are 70 weeks (Daniel 9) from the death of John the Baptist to Pentecost. Also 42 months is also 3.5 years or 1290 days.

Going back to Revelation 11. The end of verse 5 is interesting. If any one (singular) should harm them, it is necessary for him (also singular) to be killed. This has historical application certainly to Herod the Great. It is recorded that he died of "an excruciating painful petrifying illness of unknown cause" which was posthumously known as "Herod's evil". Josephus stats that Herod tried to commit suicide because he was in such pain, but he was stopped by his cousin. Herod died in 4 BC.

The first reference to "shut up heaven that it rain not" is given as a warning by Moses as he disseminates the law to the people. The historical fulfillment of that was Elijah when there was no rain and a famine in the land for 3.5 years.

So what are these "two witnesses"? Metaphorically we can say that they are Moses and Elijah (the law and the prophets) and what do the law and the prophets do? They testify of Christ.

So pulling all this together, we have possibly two points. One of "the law and prophets" testifying to the nation that the Messiah has come. (I.E. when the magi come to Jerusalem.) The Messiah is in Egypt 1290 days because the people won't heed the law and the prophets. Here we have this event on the "front end" of Jesus's life. Now 36ish years later, the Messiah shows up preaching. Now this isn't just the witnesses, this is God Himself. So as He is dead "3 days"; the "witnesses" resurrect after 3.5 days.

So now if we look at the people who died prior to Christ who's bodies are raised post resurrection; these likely represent those who believed the law and the prophets from the Old Testament. We have some eluding to this when Jesus is an infant and there are two elderly people who come to Mary and Joseph when they bring Jesus into the temple. (Luke 2) The first is Simeon who's described as "just and devote". The second is Anna, who's described as a "prophetess". The law is "just and devote" and the "prophets". Historic earthly representations of "the two witnesses".

Interestingly, these two people are elderly and they are both about to die; just as "the law and the prophets" in the nation are about to "die" because the nation refuses its Messiah. So from the point the "daily sacrifice" (Hebrew phrases actually means "ceaseless exaltation") is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is "set up" is this 1290 days; the totality of the event (The angel appearing to John's father to Jesus retuning from Egypt is 2300 days.)

John 12:31 speaks of Satan "cast out" 3 days before the crucifixion. Now we are assuming here that "cast out" means cast out of heaven; but maybe that is not "cast out of heaven". Maybe it's "cast out" (of earth to the bottomless pit)? Jesus uses the term "prince of this world cast out" but does not specify "cast out of" what, or where.

It seems reasonable to conclude that Jesus is speaking of "cast out of heaven" because right before he makes this statement there is thunder and it says people perceived that an angel was speaking to him. Yet maybe the entity descending from heaven noted by the thunder is not Satan. Maybe that is the angel with the chain in his hand.

Luke 10:18, though Jesus talks about beholding Satan falling like lighting from heaven. Jesus tells the disciples this at the point the 70 return from their missions to surrounding towns. They relay to him that they are amazed that they are able to.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Now this verse looks like the verse in Revelation 19; where no one knows the rider's name but Himself.

23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:

24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

So pull all these together.

Satan is cast out of heaven in the time frame of the birth of Christ.

The two witnesses (law and the prophets) are killed by the beast who's now in the bottomless pit; in this same time frame connected to Herod the Great tying to kill Jesus. He who attempts to harm the two witnesses (the law and the prophets) is necessary that he be killed. (Herod is killed in 4 BC.)

We have a historic representation of "the law and the prophets" in Simeon and Anna coming to Jesus when he's an infant.

The "abomination that makes desolate" is set up because the nation has rejected their Messiah.

The fulfillment of the prophecy comes some 36ish years later when John first appears preaching repentance in the wilderness. This commences the next set of 1290 days. This ends at the death of Christ. "On the 3 day" He rises from the dead. 3.5 days the "two witnesses" rise from the dead. We see the representation of them in the "many bodies of the saints" that walk around in the "holy city".

1335 days in Daniel commences with the appearance of John the Baptist and ends at Pentecost.

70 weeks commences with the death of John the Baptist and ends at Pentecost.

The "great tribulation" was the week prior to the crucifixion. It commenced that Friday with Mary anointing Jesus's feet and ended "cut short" on the passover when the angel of death comes to Jesus. It is cut short for the sake of the elect because if it was not, than none would be saved.

• Useful
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Unless we view "sin" and "death" His enemies. Then He does reign over His enemies since His resurrection.

The enemies spoken of are mortals who oppose Christ. He does not reign over them until he leaves his father's side.

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
Psa 110:6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
Psa 110:7 He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

So when does Christ leave the right hand of God in heaven and come to the Earth to defeat his enemies and rule in the midst of those enemies? The second coming of course. We also see this depicted in Rev 19.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I haven't looked at your link yet. In the meantime according to Strong's the Hebrew word for visited is paqad.

And in the following passages it is rendered as punish and punished---

punish
Isa 10:12, Isa 13:11, Isa 24:21, Isa 26:21, Isa 27:1, Jer 9:25, Jer 11:22, Jer 13:21, Jer 21:14, Jer 23:34, Jer 25:12, Jer 27:8, Jer 29:32, Jer 30:20, Jer 36:31, Jer 44:13, Jer 44:29, Jer 46:25, Jer 50:18, Jer 51:44, Hos 4:9, Hos 4:14, Hos 12:2, Amos 3:2, Zeph 1:8, Zeph 1:9, Zeph 1:12

punished
Jer 44:13, Jer 50:18, Zeph 3:7, Zech 10:3

And if we also compare to a passage such as Isaiah 29:6 we see this---Thou shalt be visited(paqad) of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

Keeping in mind that I concluded in my other post they are visted after the thousand years during satan's little season.

Revelation 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

This part---and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them---appears to match the sense visited is used in Isaiah 29:6. I'm not saying these are the same events, though they may be. I would have to look at the context in order to try and determine that though. I'm basically saying Revelation 20:9 appears to be meaning in the same sense visited means in Isaiah 29:6.

We have to keep in mind, if when the kings of the earth are being punished, and if this happens at the 2nd coming, the part about being cast into a prison in Isaiah 24, this would chronologically occur afterwards. Revelation 20 then seems to explain these things. The only way Premil can't be the correct conclusion here, Revelation 19 would have to be meaning several thousand years ago, thus already in the past and fulfilled, thus doesn't involve the 2nd coming at all. Maybe Preterists might believe that, but most of the rest of us don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The question is, when are they initially confined to a dungeon? If it happens at the 2nd coming, only Premil makes sense here. All other views would have everybody already cast into the LOF the same day Christ returns. Which then makes nonsense out of and contradicts this---They will be confined to a dungeon and punished after many days. How can there be many days involved if many are concluding Christ returns, and pretty much before that same day is over, all the wicked are in the LOF, thus nothing but immortal saints remaining from that time forth? This is why I keep stressing the importance of being logical about things at least.

Upvote 0