How can one respond to the scientific facts known in the Quran?

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
After doing a bit of research, I've came with a plenty of obvious scientific facts mentioned in the Quran which was revealed 1400 years ago. I have been wondering how could one reject the Islamic faith with these obvious miracles. I'm gonna list a plenty of them here:

1-Weight of clouds
Today, modern science has discovered the tremendous heavy weight of clouds although clouds may just seem like a bunch weightless gases. Such a thing didn't even crossed my mind, and most people don't even know that clouds have weight, and the Quran talked about this 1400; It said:

It is He Who shows you the lightning, striking fear and bringing hope; it is He Who heaps up the heavy clouds. (Qur'an, 13:12)

2-Darkness in deep water
From 1000 meters below the surface, there's a complete darkness; There's no sunlight at all. How could an illiterate man who lived 1400 years ago in a desert know such a thing? Did he really dive all that way?

God has said in the Quran:

aqwas-ys.jpg
Or (the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it....
aqwas-ym.jpg
(Quran, 24:40)

3-Fertilizing winds

And We send the winds fertilizing, (and) so We send down from the heaven water, then We give it to you to drink, and in no way can you even be its treasurers. (Quran 15:22)

Modern science has uncovered the reproduction process in flowering plants. It's already know that the wind helps the pollen grains to travel all the way around to the female plant. I wonder how could someone in the very past living in a desert know such a thing.

4-Fire tornadoes
A fire whirl, also known as fire tornado or fire twister, is created when a wildfire or firestorm creates its own wind, which can turn into a vortex of fire.

An extreme example of a fire whirl is the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake in Japan, which ignited a large city-sized firestorm and produced a gigantic fire whirl that killed 38,000 people in fifteen minutes in the Hifukusho-Ato region of Tokyo.
Wikipedia, Fire Whirl, 2018
The Quran described this phenomenon long before it was discovered:

[Quran 2.266] Would anyone of you like to have a garden of palms and vines, under which rivers flow, with all kinds of fruit in it for him, and old age has stricken him, and he has weak children, then a tornado containing fire burns it? Thus Allah makes clear the signs for you, so that you may reflect.

fire_whirl_Q_2.266.PNG

1400 years ago the only known tornados were those with rain and hail. Fire tornados were not known at that time. Furthermore, for a fire tornado to happen, a tremendous amount of fire is needed. Such a thing may happen in a burning forest, but there's no way it could happen in a desert.

5-Pulsars
Pulsars are rotating neutron stars. Most neutron stars discovered today are in the form of radio pulsars. They are called radio pulsars because they emit radio waves. We can simply connect a radio telescope to a loud speaker and hear a pulsar. Pulsars sound like someone persistently knocking. Listen to this video, and judge by yourself:

The Quran describes a star by "The one who knocks":

[Quran 86.1-3] And the heaven and the "Knocker" How could you know about the "Knocker"? The piercing star.

pulsar_black_holes_Q_88.1.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: Omah1970

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Why? From the description below this video, "what happens when we open the Qur'an and find numerous scientific errors?"

Well, it's really not a good move to ignore all of what I have said, and bring a new topic. I kindly ask you to respond to each of my point instead of sending irrelevant videos. Concerning that video, I will address its points as much as I can and refute them, but I would like at first to see your response to my points.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
After doing a bit of research, I've came with a plenty of obvious scientific facts mentioned in the Quran which was revealed 1400 years ago. I have been wondering how could one reject the Islamic faith with these obvious miracles. I'm gonna list a plenty of them here:

1-Weight of clouds
Today, modern science has discovered the tremendous heavy weight of clouds although clouds may just seem like a bunch weightless gases. Such a thing didn't even crossed my mind, and most people don't even know that clouds have weight, and the Quran talked about this 1400; It said:

It is He Who shows you the lightning, striking fear and bringing hope; it is He Who heaps up the heavy clouds. (Qur'an, 13:12)

2-Darkness in deep water
From 1000 meters below the surface, there's a complete darkness; There's no sunlight at all. How could an illiterate man who lived 1400 years ago in a desert know such a thing? Did he really dive all that way?

aqwas-ys.jpg
Or (the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it....
aqwas-ym.jpg

3-Fertilizing winds

And We send the winds fertilizing, (and) so We send down from the heaven water, then We give it to you to drink, and in no way can you even be its treasurers. (Quran 15:22)

Modern science has uncovered the reproduction process in flowering plants. It's already know that the wind helps the pollen grains to travel all the way around to the female plant. I wonder how could someone in the very past living in a desert know such a thing.

4-Fire tornadoes
A fire whirl, also known as fire tornado or fire twister, is created when a wildfire or firestorm creates its own wind, which can turn into a vortex of fire.

An extreme example of a fire whirl is the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake in Japan, which ignited a large city-sized firestorm and produced a gigantic fire whirl that killed 38,000 people in fifteen minutes in the Hifukusho-Ato region of Tokyo.

[Quran 2.266] Would anyone of you like to have a garden of palms and vines, under which rivers flow, with all kinds of fruit in it for him, and old age has stricken him, and he has weak children, then a tornado containing fire burns it? Thus Allah makes clear the signs for you, so that you may reflect.

fire_whirl_Q_2.266.PNG

1400 years ago the only known tornados were those with rain and hail. Fire tornados were not known at that time. Furthermore, for a fire tornado to happen, a tremendous amount of fire is needed. Such a thing may happen in a burning forest, but there's no way it could happen in a desert.

5-Pulsars
Pulsars are rotating neutron stars. Most neutron stars discovered today are in the form of radio pulsars. They are called radio pulsars because they emit radio waves. We can simply connect a radio telescope to a loud speaker and hear a pulsar. Pulsars sound like someone persistently knocking. Listen to this video, and judge by yourself:

[Quran 86.1-3] And the heaven and the "Knocker" How could you know about the "Knocker"? The piercing star.

Terribly sorry, but I don't see any great scientific knowledge here!!
1. Heavy clouds? Good, grieve, anyone back as far as you can go knew that rain came from clouds and water is heavy. This is nothing that the most primitive of aborigines in the Australian outback didn't know.

2. Takes no genius to figure that out. Ask any fisherman, there were very deep waters all over Iran and Egypt --and oceans-- you name it, It is quite visible concept even in rather shallow rivers that the deeper you go, the darker it is. Not exactly earth shattering info.

3. fertilizing winds. Again, how stupid do you think people were?? It is perfectly clear that the winds carry pollen and flowers, and seeds all over the place.

4. Have been observed everywhere and whenever there are fires.
5-. You seem to be reading volumes into "piercing Star."
By the sky and at-Tariq.
٢ وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الطَّارِقُ
2 But what will let you know what at-Tariq is?
٣ النَّجْمُ الثَّاقِبُ
3 The Piercing Star.

Let man consider what he was created from.
٦ خُلِقَ مِنْ مَاءٍ دَافِقٍ
6 He was created from gushing liquid.
٧ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ بَيْنِ الصُّلْبِ وَالتَّرَائِبِ
7 Issuing from between the backbone and the breastbones.

Seriously?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, it's really not a good move to ignore all of what I have said, and bring a new topic. I kindly ask you to respond to each of my point instead of sending irrelevant videos. Concerning that video, I will address its points as much as I can and refute them, but I would like at first to see your response to my points.
To quote "ignore all of what I have said" is provably wrong. You asked the question, "How can one respond to the scientific facts known in the Quran?"

The response is when we open the Qur'an or for that matter any religious text and also find numerous scientific errors then that's no way of reasoning to establish the validity of any religion, be it Islam or Christianity.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is He Who shows you the lightning, striking fear and bringing hope; it is He Who heaps up the heavy clouds.

We see light clouds and heavy darker ones.

In most any lake, looking down is dark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Terribly sorry, but I don't see any great scientific knowledge here!!
1. Heavy clouds? Good, grieve, anyone back as far as you can go knew that rain came from clouds and water is heavy. This is nothing that the most primitive of aborigines in the Australian outback didn't know.

2. Takes no genius to figure that out. Ask any fisherman, there were very deep waters all over Iran and Egypt --and oceans-- you name it, It is quite visible concept even in rather shallow rivers that the deeper you go, the darker it is. Not exactly earth shattering info.

3. fertilizing winds. Again, how stupid do you think people were?? It is perfectly clear that the winds carry pollen and flowers, and seeds all over the place.

4. Have been observed everywhere and whenever there are fires.
5-. You seem to be reading volumes into "piercing Star."
By the sky and at-Tariq.
٢ وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الطَّارِقُ
2 But what will let you know what at-Tariq is?
٣ النَّجْمُ الثَّاقِبُ
3 The Piercing Star.

Let man consider what he was created from.
٦ خُلِقَ مِنْ مَاءٍ دَافِقٍ
6 He was created from gushing liquid.
٧ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ بَيْنِ الصُّلْبِ وَالتَّرَائِبِ
7 Issuing from between the backbone and the breastbones.

Seriously?

1-Yes, but no one knew that clouds actually weight at all. They were thought to be just weightless gases. If you really believe that every one back then knew that clouds were heavy, then why no one remarked that clouds are heavy? Can you please support your claims? And why do people even today still doesn't that fact? I didn't even knew that clouds had any weight at all. I though of them weightless white big gases. Take a look at this website:
Big white clouds are light and fluffy right? Wrong! | Pursuit by The University of Melbourne

2-I am not talking about deep water; I am talking about the darkness in the deep water which was discovered later. Why is it that everything which was discovered today was widely known back in the past? Why no one talked about the darkness in deep sea? And why did we only knew about it just today? And most people in the past didn't swim too much deep, let alone a man living in a desert.

3-Oh yes, of course. People living in the desert 1400 years ago knew what are pollen grains, and they also witnessed the process in the desert. Take a look at this website:
Discovery of Sexuality in Plants

4-Please stop making claims without any proof. There haven't been any single person to talk about the fire tornado in the past. They are extremely rare, and they are only observed in burning forests, and other tremendous fire sources. How could a one develop in a desert?

5-The tariq is an Arabic word for the knocker. Could you please re-read the verse again, or search it up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
To quote "ignore all of what I have said" is provably wrong. You asked the question, "How can one respond to the scientific facts known in the Quran?"

The response is when we open the Qur'an or for that matter any religious text and also find numerous scientific errors then that's no way of reasoning to establish the validity of any religion, be it Islam or Christianity.

I was talking about how an illiterate man who lived in the desert knew these scientific facts, and you changed the topic into scientific errors. Could you respond to any of these scientific facts that were discovered lately?

Upvote 0

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Millions of plants have seeds that blow in the wind.

How much does that happen in the desert? And how many people stayed and witnessed the process? And why was it only discovered just lately. We surely all saw these white dots, but did we know that they are pollen grains? And did they know that they are transferred from the male to female? And why didn't any of the previous scientists talk about such a thing? What about this website?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TruthSeeker321

Oct 11, 2019
Egypt
✟8,991.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

1-Weight of clouds

We don't need a degree in science to describe large rain clouds as heavy with rain.
2-Darkness in deep water

aqwas-ys.jpg
aqwas-ym.jpg
Do you seriously imagine they just lived in the desert all the time, without visiting the coast? Do you imagine there were no Arab sailors?
And anyone near a deep water can see that light disappears after a certain depth, even in a river.
3-Fertilizing winds

Again, your imagination lets you down. They didn't make their homes in a huge sand pit, but they gathered near rivers and oases, where stuff could grow and feed them. Therefore they understood about seeds being spread by wind.
4-Fire tornadoes

fire_whirl_Q_2.266.PNG

Given that the favourite was of spreading Islam was with the sword, slaughter, pillage and fire, they would have been very familiar with a firestorm as they destroyed towns and cities.
In fact, that is most likely the source of the warning.
5-Pulsars

This is meaningless.

Nothing you have said indicates a scientific mind behind the Koran, especially when the book is considered as a whole.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1-Yes, but no one knew that clouds actually weight at all. They were thought to be just weightless gases. If you really believe that every one back then knew that clouds were heavy, then why no one remarked that clouds are heavy? Can you please support your claims? And why do people even today still doesn't that fact? I didn't even knew that clouds had any weight at all. I though of them weightless white big gases. Take a look at this website:
Big white clouds are light and fluffy right? Wrong! | Pursuit by The University of Melbourne

2-I am not talking about deep water; I am talking about the darkness in the deep water which was discovered later. Why is it that everything which was discovered today was widely known back in the past? Why no one talked about the darkness in deep sea? And why did we only knew about it just today? And most people in the past didn't swim too much deep, let alone a man living in a desert.

3-Oh yes, of course. People living in the desert 1400 years ago knew what are pollen grains, and they also witnessed the process in the desert. Take a look at this website:

4-Please stop making claims without any proof. There haven't been any single person to talk about the fire tornado in the past. They are extremely rare, and they are only observed in burning forests, and other tremendous fire sources. How could a one develop in a desert?

5-The tariq is an Arabic word for the knocker. Could you please re-read the verse again, or search it up?
Aristotle knew that clouds were where the rain came from, if that is the case that he knew that, he must have also known that the water droplets were in the cloud (logically), and thus he knew that clouds had weight. Aristotle was 300 BC, the quran was written 600 AD if I am not correct, so that places aristotles view of meteriology (ancient study of everything above), 900 years prior.

if you search for cloud in this document it testifies that aristotle knew the clouds had rain, and thus logically has weight. As clouds logically cannot create rain from nothing, that does not make sense.

check this document out and search it for clouds:

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0477(1972)053<0634:AAH>2.0.CO;2

this is assuming that you are correct that the quran says that, I would have to verify that as well. And this is only your first statement, I have not even addressed the other statements you make.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear, please respond a plausible response, and not just make assumptions without any evidence.

That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your assertion, "People couldn't have known about..." is baseless speculation.

• Winner
Reactions: Omah1970
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

You are making a big deal out of nothing. Clouds heavy with rain was how they were described. You have not given any evidence that heavy clouds was a term not known then. You have no evidence that any of your statements were something not already known.
2Sa_22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
2Sa_22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
Job_37:16 Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?
Psa_18:11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
Psa_18:12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
Psa_68:34 Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds.
Psa_104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Psa_104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

Gen_1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Upvote 0