• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How can I totally be freed from video chat?

sinnermonster

Aug 15, 2018
Daejeon
✟15,253.00
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to be freed from video chat like omegle, coomeet or other inappropriate contents?

Plz help me to overcome this, yesterday I sin and ask to forgive god in this morning.

Do u have an experience to overcome this situation?

How can I be freed from this video chat/inappropriate contents addiction?

Plz answer and write ur sex like "I'm man" or "I'm woman", it will be helpful to me.

God bless you!

• Prayers
Reactions: Sarah G

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was addicted to inappropriate content, not video chat, though.
You need to renew your mind with Scripture. Romans 12:1-2
That is you need to reprogram your mind.

And one of the first things you should do is uninstall the software you use to video chat.
Let someone you trust have access to your computer to make sure you are not visiting those sites.

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, my name is Lambrini (Greek woman's name). I didn't know they had the "video chat" you refer to. I thought that kind of chat was only on the telephone, on "900" phone numbers. I remember something about "900" phone numbers: they charged by the minute. Forgive me for asking, but is all your money going to this addiction? That's what addiction usually does: take all the addict's money.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF.

We have a forum section just for such issues. I can't post a link because I don't have access to it. I suggest you go to the Chaplain's area and open a thread and ask for access to the men's area for inappropriate content addiction. Hopefully they can help you. God be with you.

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/chaplains-office.1223/

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Set your anti virus to see you as a vunerable child and block access to all sites on every internet accessable devices you have.

That is the start.
Next step is delete all your downloaded inappropriate content etc.
Then all the magerzines and books.

Jesus said if your eyes cause you to sin, remove it.
So remove from your life everything that causes you to sin and find something else to do with your time.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread has been moved from Christian Advice to Struggles with Sexuality.
Some posts have been edited or removed to comply with the Recovery Guidelines and the Statement of Purpose for Struggles with Sexuality.

Please read both of these spoilers which contain information you need to know if you've not posted in Struggles with Sexuality before.

Struggles with Sexuality Statement of Purpose

Struggles with Sexuality (SWS) is a moderated forum that the recovery team members must approve before they are live for viewing. This forum is for members who want to stop a sexual activity or change a sexual orientation in some way. It is for those wishing to make a positive change in their lives because for one reason or another the choices that have been made are impacting negatively either physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually.

Christians and non-Christians may start threads, but only Christians may reply.

This forum provides support as well as encouragement from others going through similar issues or who have possibly been successful at making those changes.

Examples of some of the reasons a member may choose to post in SWS is the desire to stop masturbation, or to stop masturbating so much, to stop premarital sex in the relationship currently in or to prevent it in the next relationship, wanting to no longer be gay, or to learn to be celibate because of being gay. Being a family member, partner, or girlfriend/boyfriend of someone with a sexual issue that is creating issues in the relationship, and so the list goes on.

Please review our Recovery Guidelines before posting in the recovery forums.

Recovery Guidelines

The site wide rules give the outline for what is and what is not acceptable in the Recovery, Mental Health, and Physical Health forums. These Forum-specific guidelines clarify those rules specifically for this area of the site.

Recovery is a place for member peer support and encouragement, not as a substitute for professional care, nor a place for ethical/moral discussions. Only those who are seeking help may start threads in the recovery forums. Informational posts may be submitted to the recovery library for review to be posted.

Recovery Staff feel very strongly that members need to seek out real life licensed professional services and local pastoral care in addition to asking for support and advice here.
These things are considered off topic and will not be allowed in the Recovery forums:
Promoting yourself as an expert in your posts, or in your user title

Diagnosing anyone's symptoms

Offering treatment or any kind to other members

Prescribing/promoting medications of any kind, including over the counter or herbal remedies

Discouraging someone from taking prescribed medications, using or seeking professional services, using hotlines or crisis lines.

Ethical and moral discussions are dealt with in other areas of the forum. These discussions will be removed from recovery or moved to another area if possible.

Any posts dealing with, instructing or suggesting the need for spiritual warfare will be removed. Insinuating that members are possessed or that their Mental, Emotional or Physical health issues are caused by demonic or spiritual issues are not permitted. This includes the "devil is the whole problem" or "You need to get right with God" or "You do not have enough faith" type of statements would be examples of these types of posts. Linking to sites offline that address spiritual warfare are not permitted as well.

Asking or requesting that members engage in research topics or volunteer as research subjects, or links directing web-traffic to another site for this purpose is not appropriate and will be removed. Requests to post a research topic in other areas of CF need to be brought up in Support for permission and if granted, the most appropriate forum for posting it.

No polls or surveys are allowed.

Endorsement of certain topics - This is not allowed and staff will remove any posts which endorse or encourage any of the following behaviors/topics.
  • abortion
  • alcohol and/or drug use/abuse
  • bisexuality
  • extramarital or premarital sexual activity
  • gambling
  • harmful and/or hurtful behaviors of any nature
  • homosexuality
  • polygamy
  • transsexuality
  • suicide
  • violence
Recovery is a place people come to get support and encouragement in the process of stopping these behaviors/lifestyles and using the Christian faith to help cope with problems. Other areas of CF can be used for discussions of many of these behaviors/topics. Included in this rule is posting triggers to harmful behaviors.

Over the Counter & Alternative Remedies
  • Over the counter remedies can interact with prescription medications. Because of that, do not recommend what someone should take, including alternative medications. Limit discussion to your experience with a medication.
  • Cannabis (Marijuana) is an illegal drug in many states though some states have made it legal for medical purposes only. If you live in an area where it is legal for minor use or medical use, you may find more information about the drug from your physician. Discussion to promote it as an alternative drug not permitted in the recovery or main areas of CF, as this should be addressed with your physician.
Harmful or hurtful posts:

The Recovery Team Staff will remove posts or threads that we think could be harmful in any way to any member or group of members, Even if the post or thread might not be intentionally harmful. Members will receive notification if it is the only post removed or edited. If there are a group of posts being removed or edited, the thread will have a post that advises of this and states why they were removed/edited (not who specifically).

The Recovery Team Staff will edit or remove posts that we see as being a trigger for someone who is trying to stop doing some behavior. For example, a post that "argues a member should do x, y or z anyways because it doesn't matter" or "I'm just going to drink myself sick."

Because of the risk of triggering suicidal thoughts in others, we remove threats and/or endorsements of suicide. This includes posting that another member others know have killed him/herself. If you are having thoughts about suicide but have no immediate plans or intentions your posts may be able to show. Make sure to **Trigger Warn** the title and the top of your post. If you are having serious issues, log off now and contact 800-SUICIDE in the US, www.imalive.org online in the US, or www.befrienders.org for international crisis centers (found in the upper right hand corner of their site).

We want to allow you to have support from others but we must be careful not to have posts that might trigger others to follow suit. Staff will err on the side of safety and caution for other members in these situations. Please utilize local professional services such as calling 911, going to the emergency room or to a local medical clinic.

When Staff remove these suicidal posts or self harm posts of any threat or description from view we are encouraging the members to seek professional services in their local area and provide phone numbers to local crisis lines if available. Christian Forums is NOT a crisis center, nor are the Recovery Team members trained in Suicidal Intervention. Members continuing to post outside these guidelines may be banned temporarily to seek help offline.

Please note, the Eating Disorders forum may not have numbers in any format in posts, and they will be edited out without notice.

Posts that are graphic in the description of a type of event (such as in trauma that was quite abusive, details of substance use or graphic descriptions of surgery) will be edited or removed to protect others. Our site is open to those who are as young as 16, and may be read by individuals who are younger than 16.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Some tips to help - but there needs to be a huge focus on God here too, that goes hand in hand and informs success in these tips!

First thing – download the free software K9, set it to block ANY inappropriate content site you can think of (you can also enter certain words/keywords – so even if it’s not in the website url, it’ll block the individual video/picture/story that contains the word in its url). Once that’s set up, get a trusted friend/loved one to enter a password that you won’t know AND their email as the one for the account (so you can’t get a ‘forgot/change password’ email to yourself), and that’ll help. This takes away a good chunk of the option to look, which helps.

Second – add Covenant Eyes to your computer/device. Now this service costs, but is worth every penny. It monitors (and you can activate a filter if you so choose) what websites you access on your device, and sends a weekly report to your accountability partner. This should be someone (or some people) who you can be open about your struggles with, and who can hold you accountable – ask what certain sites were – speak wisdom into you (‘avoid this site, even if you didn’t see anything yourself – now you know stuff is on it, and now you know you shouldn’t go there’) – and call you out if need be (when you’ve not given them a heads up/not confessed OR when it’s become a pattern of unrepentant sin). It’s a great software.

Third – surround yourself with Godly friends who you can share this struggle with. Who when temptation hits, you can call/text and ask for prayer. Who will check up on you and ask how is the battle against this sin is going, who will actively hold you accountable, encourage you, and help and encourage you to repent. Struggles with lust and inappropriate content are not ones you should face alone, you need brothers and sisters in Christ who will lift you up in prayer and hold you accountable and encourage your walk.

Most importantly, pray during all this. When temptation hits – run. Get out of the room, go for a walk (or bus ride or bike ride, whatever). While out, pray – lift that temptation up to God, be honest with Him about it, ask Him to remove it, and focus on Him. The preceding 3 steps work best in concert and not on their own, and all 3 need God’s strength to get you through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaHamasiachLoves

Dec 30, 2018
Toronto
✟8,646.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I want to be freed from video chat like omegle, coomeet or other inappropriate contents?

Plz help me to overcome this, yesterday I sin and ask to forgive god in this morning.

Plz answer and write ur sex like "I'm man" or "I'm woman", it will be helpful to me.

God bless you!

Hello!

I'm a man. I haven't really read the other replies (due to shortage of time in this moment) but I wanted to chime in with two separate thoughts:

God bless you!

Hi!

I am a man.

Two quick thoughts:

Matthew 5:29 - I like the advice that can be inferred from this verse to remove something that causes you to stumble. Kind of like 'If you can't stop eating chocolate, then stop buying it at the grocery store and keeping it in your kitchen!!' simple but possibly effective. For example I have just tried removing my laptop from my apartment and storing it in my condo building's storage locker so I'm not constantly watching youtube videos and wasting a bunch of time

2) change your screen name!! though so many of us have our struggles, I do not recommend identifying your self (even just on this website) by what it is you're struggling with.

God bless you brother

Upvote 0