United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My mind is a race against time.
I never stop thinking.
Which can be good, and also awful.
I feel like I don’t think about Heaven as much as I should.
How can I desire it more?
Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Pray for understanding.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never stop thinking.
Desiring heaven is not what Jesus Christ of Nazareth commanded us to do. Desire to love more, this is what He would want. Be blessed and stay healthy.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @SeekingGloryOnThisJourney, I believe that the Lord will see your desire fulfilled if you obey the command portion of the following verse.

Psalm 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Also, as the lyrics to one of our most popular hymn's refrains tells us:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Finally, if you begin to learn to practice the presence of God in all that you do, this will be a great help to you as well :) Practically speaking, thank Him/praise Him for EVERYTHING .. cf Romans 8:28; e.g. Philippians 4:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. And consider "treasuring" His word in your heart (by beginning to memorize key verses and passages), so that His word becomes that which is on the tip of your tongue, and in the forefront of your mind, all day and all night long :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

God bless you! (Matthew 6:33)

--David
p.s. - I use the Navigator's Topical Memory System in app form to memorize Scripture, just FYI. Also, this short, Christian Classic may be worth considering, especially since it is free to read/download: The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence (or just $2 on Kindle, I believe).

Luke 12
33 Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Upvote 0

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello @SeekingGloryOnThisJourney, I believe that the Lord will see your desire fulfilled if you obey the command portion of the following verse.

Psalm 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Also, as the lyrics to one of our most popular hymn's refrains tells us:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Finally, if you begin to learn to practice the presence of God in all that you do, this will be a great help to you as well :) Practically speaking, thank Him/praise Him for EVERYTHING .. cf Romans 8:28; e.g. Philippians 4:6-8; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. And consider "treasuring" His word in your heart (by beginning to memorize key verses and passages), so that His word becomes that which is on the tip of your tongue, and in the forefront of your mind, all day and all night long :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

God bless you! (Matthew 6:33)

--David
p.s. - I use the Navigator's Topical Memory System in app form to memorize Scripture, just FYI. Also, this short, Christian Classic may be worth considering, especially since it is free to read/download: The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence (or just $2 on Kindle, I believe).

Luke 12
33 Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Thank you!

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never stop thinking.

On a practical note please talk to someone about your mind racing and not being able to stop thinking.
My wife had this shortly before she had a nervous breakdown, so please talk to someone.

It a saying not found in the Bible,:-

" Those who are the most heavenly minded, are of the most earthly use."

We are not to resell on heaven but on what gets us there, namely Jesus.
He wants us to glorify God's name by our lives, service and good works.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never stop thinking.

I think about living in a world without sin ... living with God and others ... no more pain, suffering nor sorrow and for eternity! I focus on the better world to come ... not the one we currently live in. It gives me tremendous peace!

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never stop thinking.

That seems to be the wrong focus. Rather than keep trying to meditate on Heaven (which we cannot fully comprehend beyond Scripture), we might do well to keep thinking about the 'here and now' in walking with the Savior ---Jesus Christ, and having communion with Him in everything we face each day. As the song writer said: "When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way .....". Heaven is a promise and the place there is too great for our feeble minds. Let us enjoy "...a little walk with Jesus by and by", as another song writer declared. That will encourage us in the little while we have waiting for the 'home call'. My joy is in walking and talking with my Savior daily; and just enjoying God's "...exceeding great and precious promise " of that which is to come.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That seems to be the wrong focus. Rather than keep trying to meditate on Heaven (which we cannot fully comprehend beyond Scripture), we might do well to keep thinking about the 'here and now' in walking with the Savior ---Jesus Christ, and having communion with Him in everything we face each day. As the song writer said: "When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way .....". Heaven is a promise and the place there is too great for our feeble minds. Let us enjoy "...a little walk with Jesus by and by", as another song writer declared. That will encourage us in the little while we have waiting for the 'home call'. My joy is in walking and talking with my Savior daily.
I’m quoting Matthew 6:33
“But seek for His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
All my thoughts I try to use to glorify God since I’ve had a history of glorifying other things (biggest fear is committing idolatry : ( )

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m quoting Matthew 6:33
“But seek for His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
All my thoughts I try to use to glorify God since I’ve had a history of glorifying other things (biggest fear is committing idolatry : ( )

That verse in Matt. 6 speaks to non-believers to COME to Jesus now. The ONLY way we can obey and please our Creator-God is to receive His "...beloved Son". We must have the Lord Jesus in our heart, not just a personage of general belief

Upvote 0

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That verse in Matt. 6 speaks to non-believers to COME to Jesus now. The ONLY way we can obey and please our Creator-God is to receive His "...beloved Son". We must have the Lord Jesus in our heart, not just a personage of general belief
How do I know if He is truly in my heart? I want Him to be and Pray so much about this, but, like I said, my biggest fear being idolatry, I’m scared if something else is there.
I want Jesus to speak through me at all times

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then stop just worrying and RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS NOW! He is always waiting for us to come to Him (read John 14), not just go on believing about Him. We NEED that relationship spiritually in our heart which comes by speaking to Him in faith "...in your closet" as God says, to privately tell Him you are receiving Him, and then thank Him for being your Savior, and make Him your best Friend. Our God will then seal you as a "child of God" by the indwelling Holy Spirit. That is how redemption works. Believing something does NOT save our soul and give us the Spirit of God. I will pray for you, and you can write me personally if you wish.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never stop thinking.

If you keep your mind on Christ more, you'll be more heavenly minded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums