How can I stop thinking about the unforgivable sin day and night?

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep thinking about the unforgivable sin day and night. I keep thinking about it so much and it's not OCD or demonic attacks but just an obsession about it because I have nothing to do. Like I have nothing to do all day and no work. It's just constantly thinking about the unforgivable sin. I don't have OCD and I was tested and it was proven that I have no OCD. It's not satanic attacks because these thoughts don't go away and as I said, I have nothing to think about. It's constantly obsessed about the unforgivable sin all day and night and that's a problem. What should I do?

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you read the bible? To change a habit, you need to replace it with something else. Instead mediate on what it good.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you read the bible? To change a habit, you need to replace it with something else. Instead mediate on what it good.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
I have a hard time because I don't understand the Bible at all and I don't believe that God is unconditional love.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a hard time because I don't understand the Bible at all and I don't believe that God is unconditional love.
Regardless of what you believe about God ….Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior.

Simple question …but it is relevant

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know. I don't know if Heaven is for me.
I guess I never thought of that when I accepted Jesus Christ … there was just an empty void in my life that nothing… not drugs, alcohol, satanic worship, sex, …just nothing would fill that void …it was painful …kind of hard to explain.

So ….other than the thoughts of the unforgivable sin …you are pretty content with your life?

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I never thought of that when I accepted Jesus Christ … there was just an empty void in my life that nothing… not drugs, alcohol, satanic worship, sex, …just nothing would fill that void …it was painful …kind of hard to explain.

So ….other than the thoughts of the unforgivable sin …you are pretty content with your life?
My life is going down. I haven't experienced that empty void yet unfortunately.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I keep thinking about the unforgivable sin day and night. I keep thinking about it so much and it's not OCD or demonic attacks but just an obsession about it because I have nothing to do. Like I have nothing to do all day and no work. It's just constantly thinking about the unforgivable sin. I don't have OCD and I was tested and it was proven that I have no OCD. It's not satanic attacks because these thoughts don't go away and as I said, I have nothing to think about. It's constantly obsessed about the unforgivable sin all day and night and that's a problem. What should I do?
-
Well you can think about all you want but that is wasted time in thought, because you or no one else can commit this sin. Take up chess, drawing, or something

Go here and read a few articles may be this will help in growing an understanding faithalone.org

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's love to us is unconditional, He never lets go of us, we let go of Him. God's Word, the bible, is His Word to us and how He speaks to us. There is a promise in the scriptures that the Holy Spirit will teach us all things if ask with a sincere heart. Perhaps reading a couple chapters a night, I bet it will change your life.

Here is a study plan on how to read the bible in a year.

And a link on bible study guides that can answer a lot of your questions in a simple easy to understand guide that is taken from scripture.

Not sure if you pray or not, but I highly recommend it because that is how we communicate with Jesus and invite Him in our hearts, ask for His guidance and to lead you in all Truth.

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

God bless!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Whatever your mind is given to focus on - that will mold and shape its path forward. I have given the epic world-class free online commentary on the life of Christ as a good example of what is good and healthy for the mind to focus on. I can give that link again if interested.

But there are many unhelpful forms of entertainment, video etc that one could choose instead.

Each person has free will. They can choose as they wish.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the patience to sit down and read the Bible today? If not how can you be certain any belief that you have about God is reflecting reality?

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever your mind is given to focus on - that will mold and shape its path forward. I have given the epic world-class free online commentary on the life of Christ as a good example of what is good and healthy for the mind to focus on. I can give that link again if interested.

But there are many unhelpful forms of entertainment, video etc that one could choose instead.

Each person has free will. They can choose as they wish.
Yes can you please link that?

Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have the patience to sit down and read the Bible today? If not how can you be certain any belief that you have about God is reflecting reality?
I will try to read the Bible today.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes can you please link that?
This is a world-class commentary on the life of Christ - very easy to read... It starts off with the Christmas story with background. It will change your life to see just how much God loves you.

Click on the blue text link below:

Desire of Ages

God Loves you as if you were the only person on the entire Earth, as if you were the only person that Christ died for...

God asks this question of you
Isaiah 49:15 "
5 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you."

What mother would say to her nursing child "you have offended me-- I no longer wish to listen to your cry for help"???

"not one" you say?

God responds - "Even if you COULD find such a mother that would turn away her nursing child -- I WILL NOT turn you away"

Ezek 18: “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!

2 Peter 3 "God is not WILLING that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I keep thinking about it so much and it's not OCD or demonic attacks but just an obsession about it because I have nothing to do. Like I have nothing to do all day and no work.
Change this aspect of your life. Get something to do.
If paid work is out becaise of disability, consider unpaid voluntary work.
If you cannot stand for long periods think about clerical work for charities or for your church.

Here in the UK there are three charities that need people to mark and correspond with non christians doing a bible correspondence course, could you do something like that.

Could you do an educational course on line for yourself?

You know what you can do, it is a case of finding some occupation for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not how it works. Pharisees rejected Jesus and made fun of the works He did. So resist the enemy and he has to flee. NO one has a right to control you unless you allow it. Speak the word of God. 2 Tim 1:17 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind". And you have "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

You do know the enemy can not tell the truth yes? So then flip the thoughts. The enemy can only lie. So rejoice praise the lord sing to Him, listen to praise music or any kind of Christian music no matter how you feel. Again no one has a right to control you unless you allow it. Speak His word. Resist the enemy and he has to flee. Just just lying to you

Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Satan knows our weaknesses and he will target those. Eph 6:18-18 get your armor on especially the helmet to keep those poisonous thoughts away.

Attachments

• 1669980879791.png
    1669980879791.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not how it works. Pharisees rejected Jesus and made fun of the works He did. So resist the enemy and he has to flee. NO one has a right to control you unless you allow it. Speak the word of God. 2 Tim 1:17 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and a sound mind". And you have "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

You do know the enemy can not tell the truth yes? So then flip the thoughts. The enemy can only lie. So rejoice praise the lord sing to Him, listen to praise music or any kind of Christian music no matter how you feel. Again no one has a right to control you unless you allow it. Speak His word. Resist the enemy and he has to flee. Just just lying to you
But normally, I don't like Christian music. What are some things that I can do?

Upvote 0