• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how can i stop lust / my touching yourself addiction

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i'm currently suffering trough lust / touching yourself addiction. I want to stop but i can't seem to. Iv been praying and praying everyday and its been getting better tiny bits but barely is there anything else i can try?

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tough one... Being properly baptised helped with all my addictions/partners addictions. Smoking, drugs, alcohol and other things.. It takes time to overcome addictions and create new better habits to cope with stress or boredom or why we do certain things.

Closing the door to lust helps too. ie saying in the name of Jesus I renounce you from influencing my life.

and prayer, which is what you're already doing. Will pray for you right now.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
i'm currently suffering trough lust / touching yourself addiction. I want to stop but i can't seem to. Iv been praying and praying everyday and its been getting better tiny bits but barely is there anything else i can try?
By accepting that God loves you, is pleased with you, and has fully accepted you as a child in His family, in spite of who you are and what you are doing. That is the victory that Christ has won for you on the cross and His resurrection. Once you accept it and trust God for your life, and stop trying to please God by being less sinful, then the Holy Spirit can work in you to do His will.

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tough one... Being properly baptised helped with all my addictions/partners addictions. Smoking, drugs, alcohol and other things.. It takes time to overcome addictions and create new better habits to cope with stress or boredom or why we do certain things.

Closing the door to lust helps too. ie saying in the name of Jesus I renounce you from influencing my life.

and prayer, which is what you're already doing. Will pray for you right now.
Thanks

Reactions: Mel333
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Getting married helps. More than you might think. Masturbation scratches an itch, as it were, but there's nothing lasting or meaningful about it. Whereas being physical with your wife... well, that's a lot different. I hope I've got some cred on this because I've been married for a bit less than a month now.

I never even knew how destructive this habit was until I was in my 30 and was joining the Catholic Church. My efforts to curb it were not entirely successful. But when they were successful, I credit the Hail Mary's and Nicene Creeds which I would recite when temptation was getting to me.

Will those work for you? Can't be sure. But I don't see how they could possibly harm your cause.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll be praying for you. It's a very hard battle. A small percentage can quit pretty much instantly. But they are the exception. Like any addiction, it could take a long time. For some they struggle their whole lives. Assuming they are legit trying to not do it and not using an excuse of "Eh, if I struggle then thats fine."

I totally regret looking at inappropriate content. I can go months without it. Then when tired once and having alot going on the temptation overtakes me. Pray for strength. Pray for guidance and a way out. Pray for someone to marry. Mind you don't marry JUST to get away from inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you are Catholic I'll suggest you visit the blessed sacrament regularly but if you aren't, then I think you should do a Bible fast. If you can read about 2 hours of it everyday for 7 days, your mind will be renewed and transformed plus your faith increased and your prayers against such a bad habit will be more effective with better results. God bless

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

I am very much a believer in masturbating as a means of attaining sexual release when sex itself is not an option. I do not agree that unmarried people should be driven crazy by their sex drives simply for not having found the right person to be with. However, I do think that we need to have some measure of self-control. To me, the libido should be treated like any other bodily need, satisfied and not deprived, but only when really necessary. My approach to prevent addiction is therefore as follows.

1) Do not make excuses to touch. If you're doing it because you're bored, lonely, tired, that's not good enough. Do not even do it because it feels good. If you're easily able to distract yourself from any horny feelings, you don't need it badly enough. Make sure you absolutely need it before you consider it.

2) Do not view inappropriate content or any other arousing material. This will only deceive the body into a false sense of horniness.

3) Once you are absolutely certain that you really and truly need to do it, touch away. Do your best to keep your mind away from any fantasies you consider off-limits while you are going at it.

4) Shower after you're finished as soon as reasonable as per Leviticus 15.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Masturbation is a sin. I am also trying my best to stay off it but anytime one does it, I am definitely sure the Holy Spirit will convict you of the act as wrong.
It has and its been getting better each day since i started praying for god to help me with touching yourself and he has really i'm currently on a 7 day streak with no touching yourself
I hope you can also quit.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please understand, chastity is a grace from the Lord. There are many nuances which contribute to our sexuality and they’re unique to us each.

Be conscious of your triggers. Whether it’s something you’ve read, watched, or heard. Or someone you’re acquainted with. You need to pinpoint the activities which feed your libido and make adjustments in your consumption.

Depending on the tenure of your practice, it can take awhile to finally break. Introducing inappropriate contentography strengthens the spirit and will heighten your battle. Pray against the spirits of lust, perversion, and any emotional issues related to your behavior (e.g., loneliness or boredom).

May the Lord honor the sincerity of your prayer and grant you deliverance and peace. :)

Upvote 0

Jags

Apr 27, 2019
Seattle
✟32,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please understand, chastity is a grace from the Lord. There are many nuances which contribute to our sexuality and they’re unique to us each.

Be conscious of your triggers. Whether it’s something you’ve read, watched, or heard. Or someone you’re acquainted with. You need to pinpoint the activities which feed your libido and make adjustments in your consumption.

Depending on the tenure of your practice, it can take awhile to finally break. Introducing inappropriate contentography strengthens the spirit and will heighten your battle. Pray against the spirits of lust, perversion, and any emotional issues related to your behavior (e.g., loneliness or boredom).

May the Lord honor the sincerity of your prayer and grant you deliverance and peace. :)
The lord has already helped me with this addiction i haven't done it for a month now i'm very great full he gave me the ability to break trough this addiction and no longer tempted

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The lord has already helped me with this addiction i haven't done it for a month now i'm very great full he gave me the ability to break trough this addiction and no longer tempted

That’s wonderful news! God bless you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Could you explain what you meant by the red highlighted portion of your post?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could you explain what you meant by the red highlighted portion of your post?

It strengthens the demonic spirit that’s influencing your behavior. They work together. Think of a chain. Instead of one problem you’ve added another. And the pattern continues.

Example...

Behavior A creates a desire for self-pleasure.
That sparks the idea for inappropriate contentography.
Which introduces new ideas and areas of sin for exploration.
That will inevitably encourage the person towards physical encounters to act out their desires.

Upvote 0

Barnabas2

Aug 31, 2019
Suffolk
✟9,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to encourage everyone who is struggling with temptation of any kind.

There is victory in Jesus! Here what the Word of God says:-

1. 1 Corinthians 10:13. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it.
Please note, everyone of us are and will be until we arrive in heaven, subject to temptation. Yours is no different to anyone else's.

God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear. That is, the temptation will never be too strong for you to overcome.

The way of escape is not from temptation but through temptation. He will give you grace to stand firm under it and through it victoriously.

1) James 4:7. Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Victory over temptation and sin is dependant on three things.
A) You are born again. You have been converted to Christ. If not, then you are and will be a slave to sin and Satan. If you are not born again (John 3:) then it is imperative you seek the Lord while He may be found and call on Him while He is near. You must be born again.
B) As a believer you must be in submission to the Lord. Jesus must be Lord of all or He is not Lord at all. Have you handed they keys of every department in your life over to Him? This is so Important if you are seeking victory in you life. In Ps 66:18 it says, If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. Sin, any sin cherished, will cause God to refuse to listen to your requests. If you sincerely have confessed, repented and genuinely sought to turn away from sin you are in a good place, even if you at present are struggling and maybe experiencing failure from time to time. God's ear is still open to your hearts cry.
C) Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Read that slowly and let it sink deep into your sub consciousness. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. You will not buckle under his lying temptations. He will run away from you. As you trust the Lord and seek His face Satan is terrified and knows he is defeated. His temptations are lies. He cannot give what he promises. Only God can do that. Satan cannot make you do anything you don't want to do. Satan tempts us to bring out the worst in us. God tests us to bring out the best in us.
Do what Jesus did. Find a Bible promise suitable to your particular type of temptation. Believe it. Quote it to Satan. Steadfastly resist his lying attempts to drag you down into sin. God will come to your aid and Satan will - must - flee from you. If on occasions you may slip or fall run to 1 John 1:9 immediately. That is the infallible remedy.

This is the promise of God. Believe and now go and prove it. Be careful to give God all the glory.

Upvote 0