How can I repent myself from lies I've told?

Rkm

Feb 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 16 years old, and right now my parents work and they can't really take me to church. I plan on becoming a Christian whenever I get older and I believe in God and Jesus. Anyway, I feel really bad and I have a lying problem sometimes, I feel really bad for it and I'm scared to go to hell for it because I know it's one of the commandments that God told us not to do. I'm terrified I'll go to hell for these lies and I just want to repent them and ask for forgiveness from God, and I want to be the best person I can be in my life. I plan on getting rid of these lies anyway, but I'd like to know what I should do about this and what I can do.

I'm really scared, I don't want to go to hell and I have faith in God and Jesus. Plus I feel really bad about what I've lied about and I want to repent them.

I'm so sorry, I feel awful for it.

I never meant to lie for the intent of hurting someone or ruining someone's reputation, I never really used anyone's real name or name in general in these lies.

My intent was not to hurt anyone at all, sometimes I have a problem with lying, but I'd like to stop it and I want to repent my lies and to be forgiven by God.

Last edited:

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am 16 years old, and right now my parents work and they can't really take me to church. I plan on becoming a Christian whenever I get older and I believe in God and Jesus. Anyway, I feel really bad and I have a lying problem sometimes, I feel really bad for it and I'm scared to go to hell for it because I know it's one of the commandments that God told us not to do. I'm terrified I'll go to hell for these lies and I just want to repent them and ask for forgiveness from God, and I want to be the best person I can be in my life. I plan on getting rid of these lies anyway, but I'd like to know what I should do about this and what I can do.

I'm really scared, I don't want to go to hell and I have faith in God and Jesus. Plus I feel really bad about what I've lied about and I want to repent them.

I'm so sorry, I feel awful for it.

I never meant to lie for the intent of hurting someone or ruining someone's reputation, I never really used anyone's real name or name in general in these lies.

My intent was not to hurt anyone at all, sometimes I have a problem with lying, but I'd like to stop it and I want to repent my lies and to be forgiven by God.
By acknowledging and agreeing with God that you have lied and that this is wrong you are already well on the way to repentance. But let me tell you that there is little point in going any further without first looking towards Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

An appreciation and fear of the penalty for sin is a good thing, but the good news of Christ Jesus is an even better thing. Look to Him my friend.

I can see what you mean about becoming a "Christian" when you get older, in the sense of becoming a part of the Church community, but for now there is nothing to stop you accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in exactly the circumstances you find yourself.

If you accept His gift of forgiveness, your relationship to God will be made right and your problem with lying can be dealt with through His leading as you recognise Him as your Lord, your leader.

Paul writing to the Romans wrote: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.....(Romans 3)

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10)

So here and now in prayer to Him, I would acknowledge my wrong doing and sin, believe in His resurrection from the dead as evidence of who He is, accept His forgiveness for all your sin and declare Him as your Lord and leader.

Upvote 0

Rkm

Feb 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By acknowledging and agreeing with God that you have lied and that this is wrong you are already well on the way to repentance. But let me tell you that there is little point in going any further without first looking towards Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

An appreciation and fear of the penalty for sin is a good thing, but the good news of Christ Jesus is an even better thing. Look to Him my friend.

I can see what you mean about becoming a "Christian" when you get older, in the sense of becoming a part of the Church community, but for now there is nothing to stop you accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior in exactly the circumstances you find yourself.

If you accept His gift of forgiveness, your relationship to God will be made right and your problem with lying can be dealt with through His leading as you recognise Him as your Lord, your leader.

Paul writing to the Romans wrote: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.....(Romans 3)

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10)

So here and now in prayer to Him, I would acknowledge my wrong doing and sin, believe in His resurrection from the dead as evidence of who He is, accept His forgiveness for all your sin and declare Him as your Lord and leader.

Alright, thank you very much this is very helpful. I do accept Jesus as my lord and leader and will accept his forgiveness. I do acknowledge that this is wrong and I'm ready to accept the forgiveness of Jesus. Whenever I get older and I can take myself to church, should I also confess to a priest too?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright, thank you very much this is very helpful. I do accept Jesus as my lord and leader and will accept his forgiveness. I do acknowledge that this is wrong and I'm ready to accept the forgiveness of Jesus. Whenever I get older and I can take myself to church, should I also confess to a priest too?
You are awesome, congratulations on becoming a real child of God, welcome to the family.

Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (Luke 15)

As far as confessing to a Priest, the walk of a follower of Christ is supposed to be social, its about Love and Life, and freely confessing our failings to one another is a healthy practice in any community. It is recommended by James, in this way:

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5)

But more importantly in your current situation read this:

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4)

So keep seeking Him, you can learn about the path He wants you to follow by reading the books of the Bible, particularly the New Testament letters.

I wrote this to somebody else a few weeks ago:

The NT letter written to the Roman church (the book of Romans) is a great place to start:
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.....But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us......that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be dissapointed.”
and:
“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. “This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. “For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. “But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” (John 3)

My advice: keep it simple. The start and finish of Christianity is the person of Jesus. There's an old saying about the Bible (Augustine) that its both shallow enough for a child not to drown, yet deep enough for an elephant to swim.
If you keep to the shallows of Jesus Christ for a start off you'll do well and be less likely to get bogged down in a lot of religious drivel. Seek Him and you'll find Him.

New to christianity from antist I need guidance!

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

God bless you, that is the best decision you will ever make. So what should a new child of God do now? This will point you in the right direction~~~> I am a new Christian. What is the next step? and feel free to ask any questions that you have, right here on CF, because we're here to help you. God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Rkm

Feb 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are awesome, congratulations on becoming a real child of God, welcome to the family.

Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (Luke 15)

As far as confessing to a Priest, the walk of a follower of Christ is supposed to be social, its about Love and Life, and freely confessing our failings to one another is a healthy practice in any community. It is recommended by James, in this way:

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (James 5)

But more importantly in your current situation read this:

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. (Hebrews 4)

So keep seeking Him, you can learn about the path He wants you to follow by reading the books of the Bible, particularly the New Testament letters.

I wrote this to somebody else a few weeks ago:

The NT letter written to the Roman church (the book of Romans) is a great place to start:
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.....But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us......that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be dissapointed.”
and:
“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. “This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. “For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. “But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” (John 3)

My advice: keep it simple. The start and finish of Christianity is the person of Jesus. There's an old saying about the Bible (Augustine) that its both shallow enough for a child not to drown, yet deep enough for an elephant to swim.
If you keep to the shallows of Jesus Christ for a start off you'll do well and be less likely to get bogged down in a lot of religious drivel. Seek Him and you'll find Him.

New to christianity from antist I need guidance!

Thank you very much, this is all very helpful and like I said I'm ready to accept the forgiveness of Jesus. Thank you so very much for this, I feel better now knowing what I can do to repent my lies and knowing what to do now. I believe in Jesus and God and accept Jesus as my lord.

• Winner
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Rkm

Feb 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟8,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do you have any friends who attend church where you can go to church with them?

I believe some of my friends do, but due to the fact that my parents are always working and it's a matter of knowing details I'm not sure if I can attend with them or not. If not I for sure plan on attending church when I get older so I can go to church.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe some of my friends do, but due to the fact that my parents are always working and it's a matter of knowing details I'm not sure if I can attend with them or not. If not I for sure plan on attending church when I get older so I can go to church.
maybe you could ask those friends to pick you up to go to church with them?

Upvote 0