How can I overcome these crazy doubts about Christianity?

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please don't get mad or laugh at me because this is serious and I feel like garbage about this. So in my religion, it's said that Jesus is the good guy and God is the good person as well. However, I started having doubts that Jesus is who he says he is. I started having doubts that Jesus is the Messiah and that he is God in the flesh. It's just doubts that are calling Jesus Satan and calling the Holy Spirit evil. I don't want to believe these thoughts at all. Yes, I am not looking to leave the faith but I am looking to change some weird and abnormal doubts that I have in my head. Where can I start?

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please don't get mad or laugh at me because this is serious and I feel like garbage about this. So in my religion, it's said that Jesus is the good guy and God is the good person as well. However, I started having doubts that Jesus is who he says he is. I started having doubts that Jesus is the Messiah and that he is God in the flesh. It's just doubts that are calling Jesus Satan and calling the Holy Spirit evil. I don't want to believe these thoughts at all. Yes, I am not looking to leave the faith but I am looking to change some weird and abnormal doubts that I have in my head. Where can I start?

Why would I get mad, stars1777? If these are your only doubts, you're doing better than I am. ;)

But to allay our doubts doesn't come easy and there's no secret formula by which to whoosh them away. It might require time and critical thinking. :cool:

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would I get mad, stars1777? If these are your only doubts, you're doing better than I am. ;)

But to allay our doubts doesn't come easy and there's no secret formula by which to whoosh them away. It might require time and critical thinking. :cool:
What do you mean? What thinking should I do?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

By beholding you become changed. Whatever you give you mind to feed on, to dwell on - it will assimilate it will adapt to it. Change your music your entertainment etc - to be 100% Christian.

Spend a lot of time reading your Bible and also read this commentary on the life of Christ. Get absorbed in positive healthy meditation.

The Desire of Ages

God wants to communicate with you - but your mind can choose to close Him off.

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Cast them thoughts out brother! Rebuke them in the name of Jesus, and affirm what you know to be the Truth.
Read these passages:

1 Corinthians 12:3
"Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema; and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit."

1 John 5:1
"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is begotten of God: and whosoever loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him."

John 1:14
"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father), full of grace and truth."

1 Timothy 3:16
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory."

Re-affirm this true knowledge of Jesus, then pray to God the Father, thanking Him that He will deliver You from these wrong thoughts.

Dear Father, I pray for this one stars1777 and that your Spirit will drive these thoughts right out. Help him put on The Whole Armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-18), and have courage and strength in Your Word as he is transformed by the renewing of his mind.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Well a couple ideas. I had my own crisis of Faith when I younger that was more a crisis of Faith in Christianity that came from bad experiences in Christian parochial schools and other kinds of disappointments. I think this sort of thing can be constructive and will give you more advice on that in the future. God often allows us to experience things in our younger years to develop us as people and to help develop us in our Life's mission.

In looking at your post though I am wondering about things like if you are under Demonic attack and maybe if you are in need of some kind of Inner Healing for the Soul. I think it would be good for you to post a prayer request on that kind of issue on the prayer board, and I will also pray for you as well!

• Agree
Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well a couple ideas. I had my own crisis of Faith when I younger that was more a crisis of Faith in Christianity that came from bad experiences in Christian parochial schools and other kinds of disappointments. I think this sort of thing can be constructive and will give you more advice on that in the future. God often allows us to experience things in our younger years to develop us as people and to help develop us in our Life's mission.

In looking at your post though I am wondering about things like if you are under Demonic attack and maybe if you are in need of some kind of Inner Healing for the Soul. I think it would be good for you to post a prayer request on that kind of issue on the prayer board, and I will also pray for you as well!
Agree. We don't know how serious this is, or could be. I'm erring on the side of caution. Nip it in the bud, before it develops.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I am with Bob Ryan on this…..

Picture a clear glass ¾ full of coffee. Take that glass and start to run it under a faucet letting it overflow with water …continue to let it run until the water becomes clear…

That glass is your mind….. the coffee is the old man nature and all the natural thoughts you have accumulated ….the water is the Word of God.

The more you put on the Word of God the more your mind becomes renewed…..its that whole transformation process.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformed is the Greek word metamorphoō from which we get metamorphosis when a caterpillar to a butterfly.

You will lose those thoughts, believe me…. I came from the other side of the spiritual tracks …in satanic worship. It doesn’t take that long …just depends on you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am with Bob Ryan on this…..

Picture a clear glass ¾ full of coffee. Take that glass and start to run it under a faucet letting it overflow with water …continue to let it run until the water becomes clear…

That glass is your mind….. the coffee is the old man nature and all the natural thoughts you have accumulated ….the water is the Word of God.

The more you put on the Word of God the more your mind becomes renewed…..its that whole transformation process.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Transformed is the Greek word metamorphoō from which we get metamorphosis when a caterpillar to a butterfly.

You will lose those thoughts, believe me…. I came from the other side of the spiritual tracks …in satanic worship. It doesn’t take that long …just depends on you.

First you should be sure the brother has the spiritual foundation to hold any ground gained.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean? What thinking should I do?

What thinking should you do? That will depend upon the nature of your actual concerns and whether your concerns have been brought on by your own personal reflections or if, instead, they have been induced by things you've heard said or have read from other people.

Would you say your concerns of doubt mostly involve your emotions? Or have they been brought on by your own rational thoughts?

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Instead of focusing on your own thoughts/worries/doubts/fears...turn to a different level: thoughts from above, from God.

So that those will be your thoughts.

Here's a great place to start:
Matthew 4 NIV

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No reason to get mad nor laugh at you..

You can use the sword of God's armor -
When those doubts come, immediately speak Scripture such as those posted in #7 or some of your favorites. When it happens again, immediately speak truth again. After a bit, they will stop.

Based on Eph 6:10-18 "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
First you should be sure the brother has the spiritual foundation to hold any ground gained.

Do you know a better way to develop a greater foundation at any point in a believers walk?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Upvote 0

scaredtodeath

Jul 26, 2022
Indiana
✟14,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can relate. Oft buffeted with this too, usually I pray, consider the consequences, consider the promises and consider the devil.

1. You will not defeat this without God. Pray. He breathes life into you every morning, He'll do much the same to your spirit. You need to pray to Him about this. While He knows that you're under attack, you also know that you must lay your burdens down by His feet because He cares for you (and prayer is the best way to make that clear to yourself.)

2. Consider God's promises. Both those stated by God the Father and God the Son (for they are One.) Old Testament or New, they are inseparable and, after you have reviewed the context for whether it's a promise directed at you (John 17:20-23), a promise directed at the text's audience (Ezekiel 33:10-11) or a promise of God's character (Exodus 34:6-7). Understand that God does not change. The God who wrote all these promises is the exact same God you pray to. Hold them up to them whenever you go in prayer, reminding God that He said He will do these things.

3. Consider the devil. The Adversary. The Evil One. The Accuser of the Brethren. A murderer from the very beginning. He'd love to see you drowned in sin and doubt; doubting the very God who controls every atom in your body. He'd love to see you pulled away from Jesus: He who saves His people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21) He'd love to see you thrown to the ground like that little boy who came to Christ. (Mark 9:14-29) Read or listen to John Bunyan's biography, Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners. You will likely find many stories similar to your own.

This is all I have. Don't forget:
"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." John 6:37
"However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life." 1 Timothy 1:16
"And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." Luke 15:20

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know a better way to develop a greater foundation at any point in a believers walk?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Yes - as Jesus said you need to be born again and this involves being indwelled by the Holy Spirit and then His authority in you is there to hold the ground gained.

When I asked about this the question was ignored.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
For what it is worth, none of us has this down exactly right. We are all a work in progress.

Every person is different, and God deals differently with every person. What others have experienced may not be what God takes you through. But there are things all believers have in common, including within the grace of God.

One of those things is the value of Scripture. Read it long, listen to it, fill your mind with it, and talk to God about it as you read. Look for wisdom in it and from it, which God says he will give you, but don't assume at any time that you have it in full measure. God is limitless, and there is always more to learn about any and all of the Word of God. Spend more time seeking God than other pursuits. As you read, you will most likely find many places telling you to do just what many of us here have talked about. There won't likely be any easy answers.

Two more of those things are prayer and obedience, purity. Your life belongs to God —not to yourself— and you will learn to hate the sin you find so wound into your being. Believe it or not, your life is God's work. Like a thunderstorm is made by God for his own pleasure, you may eventually find joy inside yourself at your troubles. This life is about God, not about you.

Find a good church that feeds you the Word of God. Not one that fills your head with what you want to hear, but one that gives you what you need to hear, if you are able to see that for what it is.

Don't expect immediate results —those don't usually produce maturity. It is ironic, but the more desperately I have sought God, the deeper he took me, not the faster.

Look to God, not to yourself.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0