United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm in a Muslim country and I'm open to christianity please help

Hello and welcome to the forum. It would be best if you start reading the Holy Bible .... learn about Jesus. Below is a online link where you can access his word for free and easily run searches if needed.

Start in the New Testament .... Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

May the Lord bless you as you learn about Him. Amen!

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1. Believe in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection. Believe that He died for the forgiveness of your sins.

2. Then change your style of thinking, day from day renew your mind, be more like Him. Limit your sins/evils as much as possible.

3. You will find basics of Christian teachings in the apostolic and nicean creeds. Also, read the New testament, continually.

4. Try to be an active member of some online Christian community, for example here on Christian forums, so that you will get into various ideas and theologies that are inside Christianity. If you will have time, you can also study main theological schools and branches.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Greetings in Christ, Hamdi Ahmed.

First, welcome to CF! I am overjoyed to know of your openness to Christianity, and I hope that we here can help you in whatever way so that you can get answers to your questions.

We have a fellow Saudi believer here on CF who you might be interested to talk to. He goes by @Al Masihi , and I imagine he would be very understanding of the cultural issues surrounding conversion to Christianity from a Muslim background. This forum can be a safe place to discuss such things, if you wish.

And I agree with the others about reading the Holy Bible. In my Church we use Arabic in the readings since the 13th century AD, when Arabic replaced Coptic as the language of the Egyptian people. So you can find the Bible in Arabic online at many places. Here is a Coptic Orthodox website that has the Bible in Arabic as well as English.

In addition to this, in Orthodox Christianity, we have a daily prayer routine that might feel a little bit familiar to you as a Muslim, except we pray 7 times a day, not 5. The 7 hours of prayer correspond to times of day from sunrise to sunset, and each has its meaning within the life of Christ and of the Church. The book that we use for the prayers in the Egyptian Church, which are mostly taken from the Psalms of the Holy Bible, is called the Agpeya, which comes from the Coptic word meaning "hour". Here it is in Arabic, and here it is in English.

The way we pray in Orthodoxy might also seem familiar to you, as it involves prostration/sujud as well, which is a practice that we probably carried over from Judaism. (There are many other outward similarities with Islam in Orthodoxy as well, such as fasting for a long period of time; the crucial differences of course are in theology and spiritual approach.)

Here is an Orthodox monk explaining in English to some Russian tourists how we prostrate ourselves and what it means:

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. I understand it must be very hard to be from a country that has no churches that you can attend, but hopefully you may travel at some point and attend a church in a nearby country like in the Levant or in North Africa. May God be with you and guide you in all things. Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ask Jesus to show himself to you, simple prayers from the heart. Allow Him to show you what salvation is then receive it. All questions you have the Holy Spirit will lead you to the answer. Faith come by hearing the word of God spend time with the scriptures, He will talk to.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I’m not mistaken I’m pretty sure your Egyptian considering your first name being a popular name in Egypt. Your profile says your in Riyadh though, if your Egyptian and ever go back to Egypt I’d suggest you go to your nearest Coptic Orthodox Church and talk to a priest there, the Church is very welcoming of Muslim converts. Regardless of where your from, there are also Arabic Christian channels on YouTube that focus on people of your background specially, two of them are قناة الحياة المسيحية و قناة الكرمة. Apart from that I’ll give you names of people, books, and I’ll answer any questions you might have, send me a private message if you need anything or want to ask any questions and I’ll try to answer as best as I can from the knowledge God as given me. God bless you and may you find truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Refirened

May 18, 2020
Midlands
✟4,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suggest you get a Bible and read it yourself. Let God speak to you personally through his word and believe he can speak to you personally through your faith in Jesus Christ. Ask God to give you the Holy Spirit of Truth in Jesus name as the Holy Spirit is the gift of God to those who believe in Jesus Christ.

John 16:13

But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father—the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future].

Acts 2:38-40

38 And Peter said to them, “Repent [change your old way of thinking, turn from your sinful ways, accept and follow Jesus as the Messiah] and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ because of the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise [of the Holy Spirit] is for you and your children and for all who are far away [including the Gentiles], as many as the Lord our God calls to Himself.”Be saved from this crooked and unjust generation!”

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Hamdi,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I would recommend you avail yourself of some of the Christian Resources on You-tube. The Coptic Church has a lot on You-tube both in English and Arabic that can help you. Here's a few examples.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! The Koran speaks of Jesus Christ of Nazareth however His mission was changed by the founder of Islam. If you start by researching the changes, then you will begin to understand who He is. Another option would be to earnestly pray to God to reveal His truth to you. He knows your heart and He will let you know very soon. Be blessed! I will pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nikki Lynn

Jun 8, 2020
Chanute
✟16,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Hamdi. I am new here too. I also recommend checking out Grace Evangelical Society. Some people, myself included, believe you are saved the moment you believe in Jesus for everlasting life while others believe you must have faith plus works or a faith that works in order to be saved. The Gospel of John is a good place to start to learn more about Jesus and the gift of everlasting life.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello Hamdi Ahmed
Welcome to CF! I hope you will feel at home here and meet lots of friendly people who will be more than happy to discuss their Christian faith with you.
It is good to have you with us.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0