How can I interpret the words of Jesus Christ and apply it to my life??

stars1777

Jan 31, 2021
New York
✟26,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have tried to read the Bible several times but I have some trouble understanding what the message of what it is talking about. There are just some passages that I am very confused about and that makes me get lost because I have the wrong interpretation. I just constantly get lost and I struggle to even focus and read the Bible. My mind gets really lost and I struggle to put the words together. The words of Jesus Christ is harder and I wish to apply it into my life but it is extremely difficult for me. Any advice?

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have tried to read the Bible several times but I have some trouble understanding what the message of what it is talking about. There are just some passages that I am very confused about and that makes me get lost because I have the wrong interpretation. I just constantly get lost and I struggle to even focus and read the Bible. My mind gets really lost and I struggle to put the words together. The words of Jesus Christ is harder and I wish to apply it into my life but it is extremely difficult for me. Any advice?

JS: Have you ever thought of reading a children's Bible first? I found its story format helped me order the Bible and make more sense of it. Also realize the Bible is formed of many books and different genre in each book. This can cause confusion especially if you struggle to understand poetry, or apocrypha to name two (there ten in all).

you could take a Bible studying course but a far easier way to understand the Bible to to find a good teacher and read his commentaries then compare his words to the words in your Bible.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes -- when reading the word of Christ it is not necessary to understand everything immediately or very soon, but simply to listen with your heart, fully, so that you will absorb some things, right now.

And each year, as you read more of what He said, rereading or new sections, either one, you will learn more.

For instance, I think this is one thing we often would begin to understand sooner than some other things:

John 15:17 This is My command to you: Love one another.

It is enough if we hear Him and we can listen and hear He says to us to love our brothers and sisters.

In some other places we hear Him saying to us to forgive others. To forgive from our hearts.

And, to do towards each other as we would have others do for us.

Over time, we hear more and more, as we listen. If we listen well, we will hear what we need to hear for this moment, as we grow.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear one,
I have faced the same difficulties that you had. Yes, like you, I am more concerned about applying what the Lord have said to me. Because I really want to follow Him. I follow because I know I am serving the true and living God. Thus, I long for the appearing of my Lord Jesus Christ from heaven whom the Father raised from the dead and I believe that the Lord will deliver me from wrath to come.

Have you heard what Jesus have said about His words:
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. -John 6:63

Unless you understand what the Lord have spoken is spirit, you can’t understand.

This is also what we have heard:
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. -1 Corinthians 2:14

So what Jesus have said are spiritual discerned.

That is why Jesus have said this to the woman in Samaria:

You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews. -John 4:22
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. -John 4:23
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." -John 4:24

So if you want to understand what Jesus have said, you need to identify with the things of the Spirit, that is, His words.

As we have heard:
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. -Romans 8:5

So have you set your minds on the things of the Spirit? What have you remembered what the Lord have said ? Have you treasured His words in your hearts ?
If little you have, then little you will understand. If you aren’t careful, what you have will be taken away. That means you forget what the Lord have said and the more you will be frustrated and don’t understand. So be careful.

If you have believed in the Lord ! You will obey Him !
If you obey Him! You obey what He has taught you.

As we have heard:
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. -John 3:36

So dear one,
to understand what the Lord have said ; you need to set your minds on the things of the Spirit, that is, His words.

Meditate well what He has said.
God bless you.

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @stars1777

My mind gets really lost and I struggle to put the words together. The words of Jesus Christ is harder and I wish to apply it into my life but it is extremely difficult for me. Any advice?

May I ask what exactly do you find hardest? Is it concentrating or comprehending what's going on.

The Bible is actually more straightforward than a lot of people think. But sometimes a misunderstanding here or there can make it seem complicated.

So what is it you are struggling with the most?

Peace

• Useful
Reactions: Jake Arsenal
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My husband advises to find someone (online or locally, lead by God to the right person for you) who can teach you these passages so you can better understand them (make sure to re-read what was said). :yellowheart:

Upvote 0