How can I get through the next five days?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So my wife is leaving for Ohio tomorrow for almost a week. So it's a halfway across the country trip a day of her trip us just going to be driving. Luckily her sisters and their boyfriends are taking hef so they can switch turns driving. I'm afraid because I will be apart from her for the first time in the six years we`ve been together. I don't count the week I spent in the mental hospital because 1. I really had no choice they forced me to stay there and 2. I barely remember the week that I spent there. I just remember bits and parts of it.

Honestly? I'm scared but I know that my wife has to go because she hasnt seen her family in almost five years. I've been praying nonstop over the course of the last week or so for God to help me through this. Honestly? How can I get through the next almost five days? Does anybody have any advice for me? Preferably people who have had their spouse/gf go for extended periods of time?

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my wife is leaving for Ohio tomorrow for almost a week. So it's a halfway across the country trip a day of her trip us just going to be driving. Luckily her sisters and their boyfriends are taking hef so they can switch turns driving. I'm afraid because I will be apart from her for the first time in the six years we`ve been together. I don't count the week I spent in the mental hospital because 1. I really had no choice they forced me to stay there and 2. I barely remember the week that I spent there. I just remember bits and parts of it.

Honestly? I'm scared but I know that my wife has to go because she hasnt seen her family in almost five years. I've been praying nonstop over the course of the last week or so for God to help me through this. Honestly? How can I get through the next almost five days? Does anybody have any advice for me? Preferably people who have had their spouse/gf go for extended periods of time?
Any friends or church members you can spend time with?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

A good sermon on the topic, but the simple easy answer is just to draw nigh unto God.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

First and foremost - how wonderful it is that you love your wife so very much. What a gift you are for each other.
Trust in God, pray for her safety and for her to have a great time.
Keep yourself busy. Do lots of tasks around the house and garden. Make it your goal to surprise and delight her when she returns. Plan a special meal to look forward to.
Keep in touch with her and be very positive.
Do nice things for yourself - being alone can be a very rewarding time of growth. 5 days will soon pass. She will feel so good for seeing her precious family. Be happy for her.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So my wife is leaving for Ohio tomorrow for almost a week. So it's a halfway across the country trip a day of her trip us just going to be driving. Luckily her sisters and their boyfriends are taking hef so they can switch turns driving. I'm afraid because I will be apart from her for the first time in the six years we`ve been together.

Next year for her trip home, go with her.
This year you have two options.
Do extra overtime at work or do that list of jobs you have been given by her.
Keep buisy and the time will fly by, sit and stare at her empty chair and she will come home to find you back in the mental hospital.

When you can't work ring friends and go round to visit them, go to your churches midweek meeting and the other prayer meetings that also do on.

Present her with a home where all the jobs are done, it has been cleaned from top to bottom, laundry all done, fresh flowers in a vase and a cake that you've baked to welcome her home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When my husband used to travel a lot, I found some hobbies that kept me occupied. ALso we had a bunch of dogs that loved us, so it was OK. I did not get lonely. I agree with one of the posters above, listen to praise music, read Scripture, There also are a lot of nice 5 day Bible Studies online that one can partake of.

Free Bible Studies and Lessons | Anne Graham Lotz | Angel Ministries

This is a website with Billy Graham's daughter that has a lot of free ones, maybe some of them are for 5 days.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Preferably people who have had their spouse/gf go for extended periods of time?

Five days and you make it sound like a submarine combat patrol...anyways make a few phone calls and have her night shirt with you when you sleep to get familiar smells and you are good to go.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My wife left on her bus at around 12:00. Shes going to be in Ohio around 11 tonight or so. Turns out to make it easier on my sisters in law they're going to bring my wife to their apartment on Monday and drive my wife home on Tuesday instead of Monday. So the trip got extended one day.

Honestly? That's alright. Now that I think about it it isn't fair to make my sisters in law drive 8 hours out of their way on an already 14+ hour trip. That way it only takes them 11 hours to drive all the way home. Instead of a day or so of driving.

So I guess the plan is they're leaving at 7:00 Tuesday morning and will get here around noon to 1:00 in the afternoon. So yeah 5 and a half days apart.

Honestly? I think I'm okay so far. It's the first time my wife and I have ever been apart in almost six years of being together. I'm schizoaffective or this wouldn't be such a big deal. But.. I'll get through it... Gd s with me all the way!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Any friends or church members you can spend time with?

My friends are going to try to spend time with me on WoW. But... idk if I want to play a game that my wife and I always play together... dunno... I'll have to see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
we Skype when he travels which does help

Yes! Actually my wife took our phone so that we can discord each other back and forth. I just dont want to kill her entire vacation.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
First and foremost - how wonderful it is that you love your wife so very much. What a gift you are for each other.
Trust in God, pray for her safety and for her to have a great time.
Keep yourself busy. Do lots of tasks around the house and garden. Make it your goal to surprise and delight her when she returns. Plan a special meal to look forward to.
Keep in touch with her and be very positive.
Do nice things for yourself - being alone can be a very rewarding time of growth. 5 days will soon pass. She will feel so good for seeing her precious family. Be happy for her.

Thank you for your kind words! Yes I love my wife very much! I'm asking her to call me when they all get to Ohio so I know they made it safely! Even if its 2 am! I called my wife at like 3 am when I was in the hospital. What's the difference? Lol.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree. It may seem a long separation for the first several days and then it will seem like the time has gone by pretty quickly and she'll be home. But as others have said, only a little bit of a diversion on your part, like taking in a movie or visiting with friends, having a meal with them, or even doing some shopping that you've postponed can make the time go by pretty well. I mean this sincerely and would not say the same thing if it was a month-long separation, for example.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A good sermon on the topic, but the simple easy answer is just to draw nigh unto God.

I watched the first 10 minutes or so. I really want to watch this with my wife so I'll wait until se comes back. Looks like a good sermon though

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree. It may seem a long separation for the first several days and then it will seem like the time has gone by pretty quickly and she'll be home. But as others have said, only a little bit of a diversion on your part, like taking in a movie or visiting with friends, having a meal with them, or even doing some shopping that you've postponed can make the time go by pretty well. I mean this sincerely and would not say the same thing if it was a month-long separation, for example.

If it was a month long I honestly dont think even my wife could handle it. Shes been strong so far. I'm the one that broke down crying and shes only bee gone like seven hours though. But honestly the seven hours weren't long. So you guys are probably right the 5 days will pass really quick.

Upvote 0