how can i get the spirit of God again in my life?

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i did something i promised God i wasnt going to do again, this thing doesnt have to do with immoralty or any known sin but only deals with everyday life. now i'm very sorry but i just feel His presence any more evrn when i pray, and i have asked for forgiveness

If you where saved already then I'm sorry your stuck with God's Spirit till you meet Jesus face to face. Just learn from this mistake and also you're fine because God already knew this would happen but yet still sent Jesus to die for you in order to forgive ALL your sins. When God forgives, He forgets so don't worry about anything your fine look below, but just don't make any more promises lol and even if you do you're still forgiven :)

Ezekiel 36:27 ESV

And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Ephesians 1:13-14 AMP

In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad
tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and
adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of
the long-promised Holy Spirit. That [Spirit] is the guarantee of our inheritance [the
firstfruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage], in
anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring
[complete] possession of it--to the praise of His glory.

Isaiah 43:25 ESV

"I, I am he

who blots out your transgressions for my own sake,

and I will not remember your sins.

Upvote 0

xxxxxxtra

Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
✟603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joe, you know that sin separates the believer from God's fellowship.. We all know that only too well. Stop sinning.. I know. Easier said than done.. But just give it your all and ask God to help you thru it.. Also if you are not keeping in His word and talking and praying to Him continually and sharing fellowship with other like minded christians. Its going to be a grind.. We cannot do it alone.. And if you are watching alot of television or movies and surfing seedy sites on the net.. Its going to take its toll on your relationship with God.. You know what needs to be done.. Start by bei g honest with yourself. Then present yourself to God.. He loves you and wants you to turn to Him.. He never went anywhere. It was you that took your eyes off Him...

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah...I thought "Nothing can separate us from the LOVE of GOD?" Romans 8:38-39
And I thought the LORD said "I will never leave you, nor forsake you" Hebrews 13:5 & Deuteronomy 31:6

So which is it?

Has sin separated you from HIM or can nothing?

In the Old Covenant the SPIRIT would/could come and go.
David cried out "Don't take your SPIRIT from me".
But now that JESUS has come (New Covenant) HE now promised, that HE will send HIS SPIRIT to us to be with us forever. John 14:16

Which is it?
Where do you want to live?

There are only 2 choices - ever.

The tree of LIFE or the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
There is the First Adam or the Last Adam.
There is the SPIRIT by Faith or the Flesh by Sight.
There are 2 roads one narrow and one that is easy to find and see (large/wide).
There is GRACE or your own effort your own christian religion/law keeping. (law keeping)
There is LOVE (spent for others) or self lust (lust) spent for self.

I could go on.
But it is all about how you see it/believe it...what are you trusting?

-eric

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Joe, God is Omnipresent and His divine spark is always within us. Think of the spark as something that one must fuel and nourish to become a larger flame. It grows larger the more we fuel it. How do we do this? Through prayer, meditation, devotion, helping others, and avoiding sin. This is not necessarily easy, but I know you will feel the Presence again with your continued love and devotion to God, Christ, and mankind. Praying for you!

Upvote 0

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Joe, you know that sin separates the believer from God's fellowship.. We all know that only too well. Stop sinning.. I know. Easier said than done.. But just give it your all and ask God to help you thru it.. Also if you are not keeping in His word and talking and praying to Him continually and sharing fellowship with other like minded christians. Its going to be a grind.. We cannot do it alone.. And if you are watching alot of television or movies and surfing seedy sites on the net.. Its going to take its toll on your relationship with God.. You know what needs to be done.. Start by bei g honest with yourself. Then present yourself to God.. He loves you and wants you to turn to Him.. He never went anywhere. It was you that took your eyes off Him...

God has forgiven ALL sins, so no sin doesn't separate us. They only thing that stops us from being in fellowship is not being saved/choosing not to be in a relationship with Him. So basically the only thing that can stop you is YOU. If you're saved, then NOTHING separated us, absolutely NOTHING :)

Upvote 0

AndrewK9

Sep 15, 2012
Planet Earth
✟15,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you were ever converted to Christ then you still have the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 1:12-13 (KJV)
"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,"

Ephesians 4:30 (KJV)
"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Upvote 0

vocalyocal

Dec 23, 2012
✟833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i did something i promised God i wasnt going to do again, this thing doesnt have to do with immoralty or any known sin but only deals with everyday life. now i'm very sorry but i just feel His presence any more evrn when i pray, and i have asked for forgiveness

probably when you decide your good enough again

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Joe, God forgives us in Christ when we confess our faults
to Him and ask that we be forgiven in CHRIST.

God is true and He forgives but we are the ones who hold on to our guilt
as if we must somehow suffer to pay for our mistakes.

Jesus suffered for us so what we are asked to do is confess our
faults to God through Christ and RECEIVE forgiveness.

You have told God you are sorry so RECEIVE His forgiveness.

How do you receive?

By faith that when God says something it is true.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Look at my signature line...

Do you see what it says?

It says that God made Christ who was sinless to become our sin
so that we could be and have Christ's righteousness before God.

God sees Christ when we come to Him in Christ's name.

We are the sons and daughters of God in Christ.

If you come to God in your own strength, merit and goodness you
will come away feeling as though nothing happened but when you by
faith come to God in Christ's name you can rest assured that God
has forgiven you and that you are His son and are BLESSED.

The devil will try to hold us in our guilt but if we believe that God is
true and what He says can be counted on, we will ignore the devil,
confess our sins and receive our forgiveness not because we are good
enough, sorry enough or have suffered enough but because Christ made
a way for us by His taking all our sins on Himself.

On Christ alone I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

Take it by faith.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yellowfree

Dec 9, 2012
✟7,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I can testify that is not true...

please read this

Hebrews 4:12-6
12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

14 Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

His Spirit has come to me after I was spewing vitriol with my words at God concerning things I did not understand.
and I tell you some of what happened in it.

His Spirit told I'd say lovingly and matter of fact wat something like "You're a baby! You're suppose to be receiving.."

In part of it, He was behind me holding my like baby or child and sang a sweet song to me and made me feel very loved.

So its not always true that God will cut off fellowship with you if you sin..
honestly someone who just wants to continue sinning..do they even want to fellowship with God..?

But God knows who you really are and the fact that you sincerely want to change..why would God then leave you alone? You need His help and is ready and more than willing to give it to you.

Maybe you can check CWG ministries online. They teach you how to hear God's voice through using a journal. they also teach other things too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

COG2013

Nov 5, 2012
Quartz Hill, Ca, USA
✟15,984.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be patient, and don't feel bad. He is working his plan in you. Walk in love, showing kindness to all. Trust The Lord completely. It wil return. Here is a prayer that will help.
PRAYER OF SELF-GIVING

Most Heavenly Father, I commit from this day forward to give you my entire being, 100% mind, body and soul.

Today I make you number one in my life over everything else. My desire is to put your needs above mine, so please refresh my spirit so that I may hear your spiritual voice.

I rebuke my flesh and desire to only hear the Holy Spirit.

I make it my purpose in life to be a blessing to you at all times. Please lead me and change me so that I can become one-in spirit with you. I understand that when I become one-in-spirit with you, I will share your nature and wisdom, becoming like you.

That is my hearts desire, to be filled with love, kindness, mercy, goodness, patience, tolerance, understanding and joy.

I offer myself as your loving child today, and ask you to be my loving father.

I place myself, my very life, in your hands with complete trust, knowing that you are all I can depend on, and the only way I can survive.

I take all my fears, worries, anxieties and doubts, and hand them over to you, knowing that by doing that, I am allowing you to deal with them for me.

Lord, I have complete faith in your desire and ability to meet my every need.

Sweet Lord, I commit from this day on, to serving others, living a life of kindness to all. I commit to forgive and accept, releasing my soul to the full power of love.

To sum up this prayer of redemption sweet Lord, I offer you my complete true, unrestricted LOVE. You and your joy, are my purpose in life.

Thank You for accepting me as your loving child today.

I pray this in the Name of Jesus, to You, The Father, AMEN!

Upvote 0