How can I get God to take away my misophonia?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will pray the prayer, when you stop praying that his toes remain missing and he remains and believer. Deal? Those that doubt and laugh must be out, before the dead is brought back to life.
I haven't prayed that his toes remain missing or that he would remain an unbeliever.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I want to believe God can heal me of misophonia. What can i do?
Have you gone to a clinic? What is your trigger? There are some things that doctors can try which may help.

As far as God healing you, accept his will. I turned over several things to God. It took years but about 15 years after an injury which left my leg with a chronic disorder, the HS spoke to me about a healing as I was going to Mass. Later that day the area became sore and feverish
This lasted for about 3 days then it went away. My leg had been healed.

First, learn to let go of everything and give all to God and live in faith. Freely accept all and humble yourself before God. You may receive a physical healing or you may not but the important thing is a spiritual healing that you will have by letting God have it all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am reminded of the children's book where the old lady is bothered by floorboards squeaking and clocks ticking and doors creaking, and crickets chirping at night. Her advisor tells her to fill her house with one noisy thing after another, until their is a cacophony of sound filling her ears and she yells "ENOUGH!!" and gets rid of them all.
The normal everyday sounds that she is left with then come as a relief.
Of course, first do the prayers, but if nothing is happening through faith in God after a couple of years, maybe your answer lies in children's literature.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't GET God to heal you.
You can ask him, tell him you believe that he wants to, ask others to pray - but be open to the possibility that he is saying "not yet".

God can physically heal anyone, immediately; but I believe he is far more concerned about our spiritual health and relationship with him.
He is not a celestial Santa Claus, or a vending machine where you press the right buttons to get the blessing that you want.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't prayed that his toes remain missing or that he would remain an unbeliever.
Indeed you have, and are. Figure out how and you will take control of the steering wheel. You will mean to drive the car. But there is nothing wrong with ignoring the manuals and letting the car drive you....

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed you have, and are. Figure out how and you will take control of the steering wheel. You will mean to drive the car. But there is nothing wrong with ignoring the manuals and letting the car drive you....
No, not at all. Clearly prophesy is not one of your gifts.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not at all. Clearly prophesy is not one of your gifts.
Like I said, nothing wrong with not learning how to drive the car. Some aren't meant to be on the road...And are better off being driven by someone else. Hopefully their driver will know how to drive....And if not, they will both end up in a ditch.

Upvote 0

Ruth Regassa

May 27, 2020
Columbus
✟7,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to believe God can heal me of misophonia. What can i do?
Hi, I’ve also struggled with Misophonia all my life and I still struggle with it everyday, and oh how I’d love for God to take it away, and I have prayed so many for him to. But lately, I’ve realized that God’s will is greater than anything I experience now. It’s hard for me to see his will very clearly in this, but I know he has a purpose. Even if that is just to have me rely on his grace more, that’s great. So, what I’d advice you is to pray! Yes, you can pray for healing, but don’t just pray for that, pray that you’d see his goodness in the midst of this, pray that he’d give you patience and endurance, pray that he’d increase his grace towards you and make you stand firm even in the midst of a Misophonia episode. God has a purpose for letting you have Misophonia. He might take it away, but don’t put your faith in the fact that he’ll take it away because he might not. But pray for strength that you’d be able to worship him even if he doesn’t.

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, I’ve also struggled with Misophonia all my life and I still struggle with it everyday, and oh how I’d love for God to take it away, and I have prayed so many for him to. But lately, I’ve realized that God’s will is greater than anything I experience now. It’s hard for me to see his will very clearly in this, but I know he has a purpose. Even if that is just to have me rely on his grace more, that’s great. So, what I’d advice you is to pray! Yes, you can pray for healing, but don’t just pray for that, pray that you’d see his goodness in the midst of this, pray that he’d give you patience and endurance, pray that he’d increase his grace towards you and make you stand firm even in the midst of a Misophonia episode. God has a purpose for letting you have Misophonia. He might take it away, but don’t put your faith in the fact that he’ll take it away because he might not. But pray for strength that you’d be able to worship him even if he doesn’t.
Thank you friend! God bless you

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you friend! God bless you

I would also encourage you to pray specifically.

If hearing the sound of an automobile makes you frightened, and causes you to throw books across the room, then pray "Lord, please help me to not be frightened and to not throw books when I hear an automobile."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums