Raeford, NC
✟15,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I already have a great marriage. I’ve been married 5 years, we have 3 kids, 2 deployments, we’ve made it through a lot already. When we were dating, I was never romantic. I’m not a romantic guy. I never have been. I don’t think of romantic things to do, I’ve honestly always thought that “cutsie couples things” were stupid. I love my wife, she’s my entire world. She’s aleays said that she doesn’t care about romance but I’m starting to think it’s not true, as she never stops watching romantic movies or reading Nicholas Sparks novels (that’s a joke, there are more reasons). I’m worried that I’m not appreciating my wife the way she deserves to be appreciated. I’m alittle awkward when it comes to that stuff. I think she’d laugh at me but I also think she’d appreciate it. Maybe it’d become more natural eventually? How can I introduce romance into my marriage? My mom told me to pour a bubble bath and take a long bath with her. My sister says to get her flowers and chocolate and blah blah blah.

What do you guys say? I just want my wife to be happy.

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No man likes cutsie couples things. But I’ll guarantee it works. Google has helped me a lot on this topic. That and listen to what she likes. You’ll feel like a girlie man doing some of it, but the reward, oh the reward. My wife loves getting couples massages. So I do that with her. Turns out it ain’t half bad. And she REALLY appreciates it. In time I don’t mind doing the gay stuff she likes to do. I’m not much of an idea guy either, she knows this. But just an effort she appreciates.

Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romance is all about listening. Pay attention to what she says and then surprise her by acting on it. Has she mentioned her favorite flower? Surprise her by planting them in the garden one day. Does she love this one random kind of chip? Surprise her by grabbing it without prompting next time you get groceries. If she likes getting dressed up surprise her with a fancy dinner and tickets to a show.

Personal details are the fast track to romance. It shows you care about her specifically, not just some general concept of romance.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really a flowers, candles, or bubble bath kind of girl. To me, romance is about doing sweet, considerate things. For instance, my husband might unexpectedly pick up some donuts on his way home from work, and that makes me so happy lol. Or, if he's up before me, he might make some breakfast and arrange it on my plate in the form of a smiley face. It sounds cheesy, but I love it! Those cute little gestures are everything.

Upvote 0