kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be totally honest and realizing that it will probably be taken as just being negative I was disappointed. First because I know that when folks ask such questions it is only because they do not want to deal with the the truth concerning themselves. When you try to answer such questions they will always come up with another to follow it. I was disappointed because, though he did speak of Christ in the ending, he didn't actually deal with the problem. The real question isn't why is ther evil in the world but is there evil in me? Our responsibility isn't to justify one world view over another but to seek to get folks to do buisness with Christ. He did that is a round about manner but didn't deal with the real question.

Upvote 0

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I see what youre saying brother Ron, and i agree with you . Having read some of Carson's stuff and listening to his exposition of several chapters in Revelation on mp3 (amil) he is of the same persuasion we are. Keep in mind his target audience for this clip, thus his quick generalizations. I get the feeling what he really wanted people to walk away with is his point in the last 45 sec, and not totally blowing their minds.

Thanks for your input brother Ron, always appreciated.

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounded like he was speaking to people that are on the fence about believing and not really those that already believe but need deeper understanding. I know that a lot of non-believers use the "If God is great, why is there human suffering?" as a trump card. It sounds like this was a quick reply.

I enjoyed it. I must say that the most helpful bit I've read about suffering and the will of God was by Leslie Weatherhead.

Upvote 0

GrampaJeff

Forgiven
Aug 1, 2009
Ohio
✟7,831.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
An admirable and honest approach to a common question.
Mr. Carson's honesty about admitting he did not know the answers were what hooked me in. We as Christians are so eager to give our sometimes egotistical opinions to others, that our opinions are all we see. Most of us are quick to speak and slow to listen instead of the other way around. Thank you for the post! Jeff

Upvote 0