United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How can Creationism be falsified?

What testable models, claims do Creationists make?
I do not have answers, I am looking for books with proof that can be examined.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How can Creationism be falsified?

What testable models, claims do Creationists make?
Not sure of your question but I'll try to slot something in to consider..

Evolution states (assumes) that the earth cooled slowly over millions of years. Yet there are polonium isotope halos captured within the bedrock of the earth, the granites, that could only be there if the granite cooled within minutes. Otherwise the off gassing of the polonium would have escaped the granite and not captured within the rock. Polonium has a very short half life....

• Agree
Reactions: DarylFawcett
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here's another... evolutionists have assumed that coal was formed over long periods of time but laboratory tests have proven that coalification of wood can start to happen within a month of pressure and heat being applied to the wood.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not sure of your question but I'll try to slot something in to consider..

Evolution states (assumes) that the earth cooled slowly over millions of years. Yet there are polonium isotope halos captured within the bedrock of the earth, the granites, that could only be there if the granite cooled within minutes. Otherwise the off gassing of the polonium would have escaped the granite and not captured within the rock. Polonium has a very short half life....

Robert Gentry is a proven liar.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe this one?

Petrified trees have been found projecting upright through multiple layers of strata, supposedly representing millions of years of sediment deposits. Impossible for these trees to have survived that long to be slowly covered over.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Source? Calling a professing Christian a liar is a serious charge... evidence would be helpful to avoid bearing false witness.

In sworn testimony before a court in Louisiana, he had to admit that he had falsified evidence. By the way in these forums I have seen all sorts of people, Christians or not, called liars.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Consider this little scenario....

An organism early in the evolutionary model mutates successfully (even though this goes against natures observable pattern of eliminating mutations) after thousands or even millions of reproduction cycles over a long stretch of time. This mutated "new" organism then has to reproduce itself with this new mutated coding in it's DNA. Considering the millions of times it supposedly took for the initial mutation to occur in the first place, do you think all of a sudden this newly mutated organism miraculously began reproducing successfully? And how did this model fare when it required two organisms to procreate to reproduce? How long a time or is it statistically possible for tow identical mutations to occur so they can now produce this newly formed organism? Then consider that this seemingly impossible feat had to be repeated again and again for each mutation to evolve into something completely different to the point that you have millions of different genomes and families of animals, plants and minerals today.

Seems like a fairy tale to me, but I'm more practically minded than some....

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In sworn testimony before a court in Louisiana, he had to admit that he had falsified evidence. By the way in these forums I have seen all sorts of people, Christians or not, called liars.
Could you cite the trial please to see what he was forced to retract?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How about the commonly held belief that the arctic cap ice is millions of years old based on the layering of the ice and being able to counts the "rings" to determine age.

Sounded good until a WWII squadron of 8 planes was left on a glacier in Greenland and when discovered 70 years later, was buried under 270 feet of ice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here's another... evolutionists have assumed that coal was formed over long periods of time but laboratory tests have proven that coalification of wood can start to happen within a month of pressure and heat being applied to the wood.
Does this naturally occur?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, I could find not citation of Robert Gentry having retracted anything at trial...

What I did find is most interesting and I would like to thank JackRT for sending me searching for the truth on the matter.

From this website is this opening statement...

SCIENTISTS SPEAK ABOUT GENTRY'S FINDINGS

Careful scientists have closely analyzed Robert Gentry's research and methodology, and recommend that his findings be thoughtfully considered. It should be kept in mind that he used the latest technology to carry on his studies.

Yet those findings are truly astounding. The major basement rocks of our planet did not originate from the gradual cooling of molten lava, as evolutionists maintain, but came into existence in their present solid form! God created everything; the evidence clearly points to it. This is science vs. evolution—a Creation-Evolution Encyclopedia, brought to you by Creation Science Facts.

This material is excerpted from the book, ORIGIN OF THE EARTH. An asterisk ( * ) by a name indicates that person is not known to be a creationist. Of over 4,000 quotations in the books this Encyclopedia is based on, only 164 statements are by creationists.
You will have a better understanding of the following statements by scientists if you will also read the web page, Origin of the Earth.

Reputable scientists have found the research work of Robert Gentry to be beyond reproach, and his conclusions unimpeachable. Here are some of the statements they have made:

Then it goes on to quote some of the 4000 statements by these men of science.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Does this naturally occur?
What the lab work proves is that in the presence of pressure and heat, wood can become coalified in a short period of time. In some coal mines, miners have discovered metal objects in the middle of the seams.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Find the common ancestor and it's evolutionary progress. Prove that it was impossible for the creation to not have happened in the order it did.
You've only to read the two different creation accounts in G1/2.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What the lab work proves is that in the presence of pressure and heat, wood can become coalified in a short period of time. In some coal mines, miners have discovered metal objects in the middle of the seams.
So, is this how coal is made then? By heating up wood, and applying pressure?

Upvote 0