How can any Christian vote for pro-abortion politicians?

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wilson believed that life began at quickening, about the end of the first trimester. That was the rule under the Common Law. I have posted that before on CF.

And yet today, we know that every medical manual on human embryology states that human life begins at conception - not when the mother feels her fetus kicking.

Thus we take the constitutional fact that all humans, born and unborn, have the god-given right to life - and take the medical fact that life actually begins at conception - and we arrive at the truth: that abortion on demand is unconstitutional.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And yet today, we know that every medical manual on human embryology states that human life begins at conception - not when the mother feels her fetus kicking.

Thus we take the constitutional fact that all humans, born and unborn, have the god-given right to life - and take the medical fact that life actually begins at conception - and we arrive at the truth: that abortion on demand is unconstitutional.
No it is not. Show me where the Constitution addresses any of this.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but he is not a Christian and is using Christian values transactionally. we should be insulted by this not applauding it

And yet Trumps actions show he believes in God, and is the most pro life, pro constitution and 2nd amendment, pro law enforcement, pro Israel, and pro Christian president we’ve ever had.

The three separate prophecies about Trump, from three separate people, are that he is a modern day Cyrus - put in office by God to restore this nation, and a wrecking ball towards the globalist agenda, that he will serve two full terms, and will appoint 5 Supreme Court justices during his 8 years.

Cyrus was a pagan king of Persia, yet God chose him and anointed him to restore Jerusalem and to build a wall.

God can choose anyone He pleases for his purpose.

I’m sure that many Israelites in Jerusalem objected to a pagan king coming into their nation and taking over, yet he was sent by God.

Now we have many oblivious Christians complaining that he’s not a Christian, yet he’s been put here by God.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First of all, it’s still a human life, at the moment an egg is fertilized by a sperm - every medical manual on human embryology states that human life begins at conception.

Secondly, by 2 months pregnancy the fetus has a beating heart - by 3 months, the fetus is fully formed with head, torso, arms with hands and fingers, and legs with fingers and toes.

The abortionist takes a scalpel and slices up the arms, legs, and torso, then takes a forceps to crush the skull with, so he can suction-out the dismembered body parts.

Abortion stops a beating heart, and kills a human life.

OK.. Why is this a reply to what you quoted from me?

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And yet Trumps actions show he believes in God, and is the most pro life, pro constitution and 2nd amendment, pro law enforcement, pro Israel, and pro Christian president we’ve ever had.

People said the same with Bush. It's actually very sad that he is the pro christian president we've ever had.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you’re judging him on past behavior from 20 years ago when Trump had “famous billionaire and TV personality syndrome”, and did some things that he stopped doing.
I'm judging him from his actions today

• Agree
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All transactions for trump.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm judging him from his actions today

No you’re not.

You’re judging him based on the lies and slander from Democrats and their lap dog media that they control.

Trump is not racist and not bigoted.

He is opinionated, feisty, and has that NY attitude of not taking any crap and fighting back, but he’s not racist nor bigoted.

The smart people are able to figure that out, such as Martin Luther Kings neice, Alveda King, who knows that Trump is no racist:

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it is not. Show me where the Constitution addresses any of this.

It’s simple, it’s not rocket science: our founders stated unequivocally in the preamble TO the constitution, that GOD (our creator) gave ALL of us humans certain inalienable rights such as THE RIGHT TO LIFE, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Inalienable rights from God means no one - no court, no legislature, no president - can take that right away, because they didn’t give that right in the first place.

James Wilson, who signed the constitution and was a Supreme Court justice, said that the founders - the guys who wrote the constitution - considered it a fact that the inalienable right to life included both born and unborn humans.

Now that we’ve known for decades that medical science states in every manual of human embryology that human life begins at conception, we have confirmation that the unborn are humans from the time of conception, and thus have the same inalienable right to life that born humans have.

And that’s why abortion on demand is unconstitutional, besides being immoral.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s simple, it’s not rocket science: our founders stated unequivocally in the preamble TO the constitution, that GOD (our creator) gave ALL of us humans certain inalienable rights such as THE RIGHT TO LIFE, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Now you are just showing how little you know. The phrase “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” isn’t in the Constitution. Those words are in the Declaration of Independence. The only legal weight of the Declaration is to declare our independence from England. You apparently didn’t pay much attention in school.

Oh, and the US Constitution never specifically mentions God other than to note the year as being “the Year of our Lord.”

Inalienable rights from God means no one - no court, no legislature, no president - can take that right away, because they didn’t give that right in the first place.

Rxcept those words are not in the Constitutiob.

James Wilson, who signed the constitution and was a Supreme Court justice, said that the founders - the guys who wrote the constitution - considered it a fact that the inalienable right to life included both born and unborn humans.

No, Wilson taught that the Common Law permitted abortion until quickening.

Now that we’ve known for decades that medical science states in every manual of human embryology that human life begins at conception, we have confirmation that the unborn are humans from the time of conception, and thus have the same inalienable right to life that born humans have.

And that’s why abortion on demand is unconstitutional, besides being immoral.

Except the Constitution doesn’t say what you are claiming. You need to get your facts straight before you make incorrect statements like this.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Quickening is usually about the 5th fetal month when the mother starts to feel the fetus moving around . Which is about when abortions are forbidden unless that fetus is dead , dying or endangers the mothers life . Abortions werent always illegal. That’s a relatively recent development

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

WonbyOneanddone

Oct 14, 2020
ohio
✟34,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Governing a country is not only about abortion, it is just one of many issues. The problem with Christians in the US is that they have made it the ONLY issue on which one vote, meaning they allow other evils to flourish because of this one thing.

And so where are the "Christians" in the democrat party?

Why are they all 100% pro mass genocide?

If "Christians" made it an issue in both parties, it would all go bye, bye, but apparently they like having the option of killing their offspring if it is too unconvenient.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If "Christians" made it an issue in both parties, it would all go bye, bye, but apparently they like having the option of killing their offspring if it is too unconvenient.

Come on now! Really?

We have told you that we are Democrats because we vote on more than one issue. So try to understand that! Has nothing to do with killing for convenience. I have seven kids, obviously for me I don't believe in abortion or for the woman I am with. However, other people have a choice. That is all I believe in, choice.

Does not God give us a choice? He doesn't force our hand. We have a choice to follow him or not.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

100%??? Perhaps you should learn your facts. The late Bob Casey, former governor of Pennsylvania, was a pro-life Democrat. I know many pro-life Democrats, they just are not single issue voters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
100%??? Perhaps you should learn your facts. The late Bob Casey, former governor of Pennsylvania, was a pro-life Democrat. I know many pro-life Democrats, they just are not single issue voters.
Right. Is every Republican with them %100 on all issues

Upvote 0

Emsmom1

Nov 6, 2019
Los Angeles
✟41,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Abortion isn't a choice; it's taking an innocent life. Abortion advocates like to fancy themselves as "pro-choice," but such a term is misleading. It wouldn't make sense if I were to say that stealing is wrong, but I would never interfere in other people's right to choose to steal, and therefore conclude that theft shouldn't be a crime.

Many verses in the Bible testify to the fact that there is life in the womb. One such verse is Luke 1:41: "When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit."

How can any Christian vote for politicians who support abortion? That goes against God's teaching in the Bible not to murder (Exodus 20:13).

Like a majority of Americans, I think abortion should be legal with restrictions. But it is interesting how the "pro-life" stance seems geared only to those in utero, not those already born. At least the Catholic Church has a consistent life ethic (and no, I am not Catholic but I do admire their consistency on the issue).

• Agree
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least the Catholic Church has a consistent life ethic (and no, I am not Catholic but I do admire their consistency on the issue).
The Church itself might be consistent but her members certainly are not. Otherwise they all would vote 3rd party.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

That sounds to me like an incredible generalisation. I'm not from the US so I don't know all the affiliations of the politicians, but a quick google search on the question yielded an article listing numerous outspoken Christian Democrats and that doesn't surprise me at all, after all the president that I remember when I grew up was an Evangelical Christian (Jimmy Carter) and a Democrat.

I doubt that any of them are 100% pro mass genocide and framing it in those terms isn't going to be very helpful. I suspect a few of them are opposed to abortion, but have other agendas, such as running the country in a way that serves God's purposes as much as possible and if that means compromise on one issue in order to achieve another I don't doubt they would go for it. After all as politicians they should be seeing the bigger picture.

Given that it is less than 4 years since there was last a Democratic president and he doesn't seem to have done all the doomsaying that the anti-abortion crowd imply, then why think that all democrats will do when they get in power is cause more abortions.

As I've already pointed out abortions in the US currently include the ability to abort perfectly viable babies... but this occurred during Trump's presidency. I didn't see him stepping in to oppose it, so it is incredibly naive to assume that either party will do anything about the current state of abortions... which means that other issues should be the deciding factor.

I don't mind which way people vote - that is for their conscience, but to make out that running the largest democracy in the world is all about abortion is so short-sighted and completely blinkered.

Upvote 0