Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Ok I know that strange things happen to me all the time but this is the first time I have ever been broken in to! The hardest part to deal with is that I live in the "safest" of the teacher's houses. It must have looked as if I had gone out because I had locked the doors to take a nap (I have a cold and wanted to rest). The next thing I know someone has walked into my bedroom! I didn't get to see them as they were using their mobile phone to light the way. So I started yelling, they started running and I had no clue where they went (other than out of the house). I managed to remember to change my clothes (I was sleeping) before running out to the security guards (yes I have some) trying to explain what had happened (I don't speak Tetun and they don't speak English so it didn't really work). For a minute I thought I had been dreaming until I went into the kitchen and found that a door that is normaly secure was open! Then I got to call everyone and explain what has happened. So now I am sitting alone. Still have a cold and need some sleep but am a little uncertain. Moments like these I really don't like living alone in a foreign country!

Of course I would have preferred an alarm clock to wake me up! :D Of course I am thankful. :clap:Nothing has been taken, nothing happened to me, it did really happen so it wasn't me dreaming (was worried about that for a minute :p) and I was able to get most of it sorted quickly. :prayer:

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
crazy. glad you're okay! (you know, save for your cold)

What country are you in? I've never heard of Tetun.

Isn't that what they speak in Eastern Timor?

And Evie: :hug: I'm so glad you're fine and that they didn't manage to take anything! :clap: Awesome!

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am ok. It was one of those strange moments that I never thought would happen to me. Everyone has been really supportive though and I have many offers to go stay at other people's houses etc. I am going to try and stay at home. It is not going to help moving somewhere else. For now I am going to be a little more security conscience. It is not a natural personality trait of mine but it is never to late to start learning!

Thanks for all the prayers!
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums