Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Choice. Otherwise 99% or whatever still wouldn't be doing so.

But you didn’t answer the question why did Jesus and the apostles tell everyone to repent if they not capable of repentance unless God has willed them to and I’m assuming you also believe they aren’t capable of failing to repent if God has willed for them to do so. So how do you answer this question?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But you didn’t answer the question why did Jesus and the apostles tell everyone to repent if they not capable of repentance unless God has willed them to and I’m assuming you also believe they aren’t capable of failing to repent if God has willed for them to do so. So how do you answer this question?
Everyone is capable of epiphany. Otherwise God wouldn't have said... Jeremiah 29:13 When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly 2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
Our choice.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But it sounds like God (as Father) cannot forgive the humans he created unless God (as Son) incarnates as one of them and gets crucified.

I don't think the issue is so much that God can't forgive, but that God can't act like the destructive nature of sin and evil lead to life. Humans embrace sin, which by its nature leads to death (I am assuming, with reason, that sin is evil and destructive). God created humans for everlasting life, which is not possible if humans sin. By that I mean, sin is destructive and works against life. Humans who sin are not fit for everlasting life. So, two things have to happen:1) Humans have to be freed from the destructive consequences and enslaving nature of sin, and 2) humans have to be made participants of the divine life. These two things are accomplished via the incarnation and the cross/resurrection event. God, in the Person of the Son, takes on human nature, takes upon himself the destructive consequences and enslaving nature of sin/evil, overcomes them, and in doing so opens the way to life for humans. The transaction is exchanging life for death by defeating sin and death (Christus Victor?). Blood is simply symbolic of death, or the loss of life. There is no need to see punishment as part of the exchange, I don't think.

Upvote 0