How Are You Spreading The Good News?

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hola!

How have you been spreading the Good News, the past year, in spite of this pandemic?

I've heard people stopped passing out gospel tracts, but for me it seems people have no problem taking them.

I also have a mask that says, "Jesus Saves" on it. Haven't gotten into a conversation with any unbelievers because of it, but it does seem to encourage believers when they see it (Just by passing people while out-and-about they'll say they love the mask).

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hola!

How have you been spreading the Good News, the past year, in spite of this pandemic?

I've heard people stopped passing out gospel tracts, but for me it seems people have no problem taking them.

I also have a mask that says, "Jesus Saves" on it. Haven't gotten into a conversation with any unbelievers because of it, but it does seem to encourage believers when they see it (Just by passing people while out-and-about they'll say they love the mask).
It's possible to find a wording that expresses how Christ saved me from where I was at, and that's a way to tell about the gospel. I might write something like: "I had a lot to be forgiven for -- His Grace is amazing!" which is a way to remind people of the essential reality of the message they've already heard, since many have heard the gospel at some time. Sometimes though you might realize or reasonably guess a person hasn't heard the gospel at all, ever, and then you need more. While one might quote Romans chapter 5, verses 6-8 or such. There is always the wonderful John 3:16. I like to use the NIV wording usually, for people that have never heard such things. It needs to be a clear wording. It's so important to have prayed the Lord's Prayer, and to be abiding with Him, when you try to tell the gospel to others.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's possible to find a wording that expresses how Christ saved me from where I was at, and that's a way to tell about the gospel. I might write something like: "I had a lot to be forgiven for -- His Grace is amazing!" which is a way to remind people of the essential reality of the message they've already heard, since many have heard the gospel at some time. Sometimes though you might realize or reasonably guess a person hasn't heard the gospel at all, ever, and then you need more. While one might quote Romans chapter 5, verses 6-8 or such. There is always the wonderful John 3:16. I like to use the NIV wording usually, for people that have never heard such things. It needs to be a clear wording. It's so important to have prayed the Lord's Prayer, and to be abiding with Him, when you try to tell the gospel to others.

That's great!!! I don't think any of us can ever be reminded enough! Thank you for sharing. :)

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave a short message the other day. I say God bless you a lot and try to be encouraging. I discuss Jesuswith friends and get the fire going. I always stand as a Christian wherever I am. I don’t find too many opportunities for outright evangelism, though I’m always witnessing in my head.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gave a short message the other day. I say God bless you a lot and try to be encouraging. I discuss Jesuswith friends and get the fire going. I always stand as a Christian wherever I am. I don’t find too many opportunities for outright evangelism, though I’m always witnessing in my head.

Awesome!!! And, what do you mean when you say you're, "witnessing in my head"? Praying for people?

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

mike_inc

Church Of Christ
Mar 15, 2021
Johnsonville
✟10,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hola!

My church has been very active on the online-front, inviting friends and guests to our Bible studies. We avidly use Webex to host meetings! Everyday we get someone new, I'd say due to people's more free time and availability. If ever your interested in a live Bible study, and eager to get any of your questions answered straight from the Bible, let me know! ;)

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟332,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My church has been very active on the online-front, inviting friends and guests to our Bible studies. We avidly use Webex to host meetings! Everyday we get someone new, I'd say due to people's more free time and availability. If ever your interested in a live Bible study, and eager to get any of your questions answered straight from the Bible, let me know! ;)

Thanks for sharing, Mike! :)

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In anyway possible really. For instance, If someone gets intouch and starts repeating the same statement over and over, concening their problems, i quickly start advancing, towards throwing in some sentences, about our Messiah. I've found that its not actually our problems, which are the problem. Instead, Its not having Christ in our lives, that causes all the confusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although I pray every day for the lost. I am a bit of a burst evangelist, I go times where I forget to share, then I will remember and do something.

Recently I returned to Facebook, it is a great platform to use if you have money to pay for ads. I often advertise into India and Pakistan. The reach is phenomenal, for around $5 you can reach out to around 5000 people, although I only have a very small budget. My most recent post was just asking people if they had prayer needs. Many responded with prayer requests, which I am praying that the LORD answers. You can also advertise bible messages etc.

See Everybody Matters Ministry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums