Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm teaching music lessons for most of the summer. I only teach more advanced kids, so it's awesome bc they're passionate about it and really want to learn. It sucks when you have kids who are being forced to take lessons and they act resentful, so I'm glad that's not how it is this summer! I've got a few fun weekend trips planned out! In August I'm going to visit my grandparents in Chicago and then Seattle. Then my sister, mom & I are going to Austria!

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Lol ok, so now the question is, how did you spend your summer?

I was teaching cello at a music centre that has day camps for a big part of it. It was a bunch of fun. I also had some adult students. That's always cool. Then we went on a vacation to NZ & Australia. Super cold in NZ bc it's winter there but I still loved it a ton!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well. First of all, it's winter here, being as we are in the southern hemisphere. I'm now into my very last semester at uni. I pop in when I need to clear my mind and think about something other than organic chemistry.

I'm about to do my GAMSATT which is the entrance exam to medicine so - well let's see how that goes.

That doesn't sound very exciting, does it?
BUT Cimorene, what you're doing sounds very artistic and creative. Teaching Cello no less. That's terribly impressive. I play a little piano but I just loooooove art. I've not been painting for a while but when spring returns and my exams disappear, I intend to break out canvass and brush.

I have a debt of gratitude that you've kept the teen area alive. You rock. So tell me - hows life been for you?

• Friendly
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Well. First of all, it's winter here, being as we are in the southern hemisphere. I'm now into my very last semester at uni. I pop in when I need to clear my mind and think about something other than organic chemistry.

I'm about to do my GAMSATT which is the entrance exam to medicine so - well let's see how that goes.

That doesn't sound very exciting, does it?
BUT Cimorene, what you're doing sounds very artistic and creative. Teaching Cello no less. That's terribly impressive. I play a little piano but I just loooooove art. I've not been painting for a while but when spring returns and my exams disappear, I intend to break out canvass and brush.

I have a debt of gratitude that you've kept the teen area alive. You rock. So tell me - hows life been for you?

No to me it DOES sound exciting that you're about to take the entrance exam for medicine!!!! I'll pray for you!

You should try the cello sometime! I teach people who think they're not gonna be able to play it very well & then they end up playing it really nicely. I'm pretty pumped bc for the 1st time I have more adults signed up for lessons with me at the music centre where I teach than kids. I love kids but it's kinda more special in a way seeing adults learn something new, if that makes sense. They all want to take the lessons too their parents didn't sign them up for it, so that's great.

I wish I was more artistic. I'm alright but not super skilled. Ella's got some nice paintings in her media album, you should check them out sometime if you haven't yet.

Go Braves & Ella did a nice job keeping the area alive for a while so I'm trying to do my part too. If you make any threads here tag me & I'll be sure to post in them if I'm here. Tag Ella too bc she does make an effort but i think she doesn't see a lot of the threads here bc she doesn't come that much either. School is starting up again so I may not be around as much but I will pop on now and then. This yr is gonna be really intense for me but it should also be really amazing!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0