<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
"I am the LORD, who makes you holy." Exod 31:13

"Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers." Hebrews 2:11

How are we made holy? What is the definition of holiness? What does it mean? How do we live holy?

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
unflawed...I would say God defines Holy and any atempt to humanize it really looses something in the translation..what does websters say?

Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.
Regarded with or worthy of worship or veneration; revered: a holy book.
Living according to a strict or highly moral religious or spiritual system; saintly: a holy person.
Specified or set apart for a religious purpose: a holy place.
Solemnly undertaken; sacrosanct: a holy pledge.
Regarded as deserving special respect or reverence: The pursuit of peace is our holiest quest.
Informal. Used as an intensive: raised holy hell over the mischief their children did.

I like regared with or worthy of workship part..

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟150,343.00
Faith
Messianic
"be holy as I am holy."

"I am in them, and you in me"

"one as we are one"

What is our future with God going to be like?

What are we now?

I want to get us to think towards the question of:

Are we (the redeemed new man) of God's seed like Jesus, one with Him, but distinct apart from Him as Jesus is disctinct from the Father? We are in a sense His family, right - adopted as sons and daughters of the Most High? God our Abba, our Father, and Jesus our human brother who as God reconciled us to Himself, His Spirit who now reigns in us and makes us like Him, like Jesus, the perfect image of God, redeemed by a new nature like His - glorified, but we are distinct, but though we are within the unique oneness of Him that Jesus shared with His Father since the foundations of creation! God becomes our Father by our inheretance as sons and daughters - and we share that unique oneness with Him forever as Jesus shares and shared before the foundations of creation. We are of God, of his nature of love, and holiness, and of a right to be called His own - we His people, a family, a union with the Most High. United with Him as Christ is united with the Church - all of us, together, forever in pefect love and wonderous creation.

I was laying on my bed one night, desperate to hear from God on anything for spiritual food, and in a matter of seconds, my mind was blown away by and understanding I've never realized before... it was as if tons of scripture just "clicked" together. As I recieved it, and reflected on the memory of scriptures all over the bible, it started to make more and more sense, and somehow this revelation felt "right" as it got more mind-blowing and intense in its love. It was this overwhelming experience of revelation that I posted above that is a summary of what I dwelt on - with the Lord. A sort of "revelation" of understanding of scriptures I already knew, but somehow was afraid to consider at previous times for blasphemy. But now it clicked - and wow. There's a lot more - so much more I don't think I've even found the tip of the iceberg, but I feel God has given me exactly what I wanted: spiritual food to grow on. For now, I feel a lot more comfortable with this discourse as I posted it, and as I read it and seek to understand it more with the knowledge now of who I am in God, in our relationship with Him, I find more and more the excitement of knowing a greater sense of intimacy with God our Father, and I do think somehow this discourse does lead one into the right direction in understanding the intmacy prepared for us for future ages. It's been very cool to think about it, and now I post it here to get disseminated and tested. I guess now I seek to learn more about this: how we are related to God now, and how much of our lives can be changed as a result - and changed into what? What is our hope, and future glory? What are we to become, if we aren't that now? What is God leading us towards - this revelation, and an understanding of who we are, and who we are meant to be in His sight. We are his children.

I love this - and I love God. This is amazing. Have any questions, or something you want to add? I'd love to hear it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In that aspect be holy as I am holy. It means we are to be set aside. When something was blessed it was set aside and not to be touched because it was holy. That is how we are to be. We are to be set aside, not part of the world. We are different from others, we are ...holy.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think people should notice a difference about us..like when moses came off the mountain. I think we should be the ones saying no the the rated R movies. We should be the ones to, as it is written and over used no, stand in the gap. We are not isolationists, but we ARE set apart. We should not participate in the worlds actions, but we SHOULD be there to be a light in the darkness. We are to be..in simplicity..holy..set apart..in otherwords, we should act as Christ did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth
...... It means we are to be set aside. When something was blessed it was set aside and not to be touched because it was holy. That is how we are to be. We are to be set aside, not part of the world. We are different from others, we are ...holy.

Yep! I fully agree with this definition.....

Means set apart for God....unto Him.....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.