HOW ARE ELDERS APPOINTED IN OUR ASSEMBLY TODAY ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DP, I hope you are well, these days...

A thought...

Your stated belief that the Spirit gives a Believer the desire that Paul is speaking of in 1 Tim. 3:1 is just that- your belief.

And it's a belief that renders Paul's words in 1 Tim. 3:1 as some sort of a guessing at on Paul's part; a guessing at I highly doubt had been the case, for Paul had had direct access to the Lord, Acts 26:16.

Of course, you and I will differ on this one. The Mid-Acts you hold with has continued to hold to the teaching that God still gifts men, Eph. 4:11. In contrast, the Mid-Acts I hold to does not, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17.

Like I've said, this is a Dispensational issue. As such, it needs to be studied out as one.

As you know, in Scripture, those things that differ, are not the same, 2 Tim. 2:15-18.

:)

Hi Danoh and that is whay the verb tenses are very important in 1 Tim 3:1 as the verb REACHING / OREGO and is a verb in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and MIDDLE VOICE and mthe M/V means that the SUBJECT that desires that office is PARTICIPTING in the rsults of being given that GIFT !!

At least I get to see you again !!

dan p

Upvote 0

thomas15

Be Thou my vision
Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2019
Lehighton
✟57,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi and my best verses are 1 Tim 3:1 and Acts 20:28 and the verse that will hurt them is Acts 14:23 as the Greek word THEY HAS BELIEVED is in the PLEPERFECT TENSE and to mean the PERFECT TENSE !!

dan p

Hello Dan

Thank you and howdy.

Regarding Acts 20:28...... I heard you the first time. When we are looking for guidance on an issue we ask the Lord Jesus for discernment then we open up our Bibles. Then we find a Biblical solution to the problem. Sometimes we find that the Biblical answer to our question as in the case of Elder selection, we realize we don't care for the Biblical solution so we get working on solution we like better. In this case we don't like that they (Deacons) are installed from outside of the assembly.

What it appears to me you are doing is informing us that the Holy Spirit has changed the set ways and now they (Elders) are appointed from within the church. Apparently a new rule that is doing things that is different from what the Bible teaches. Apparently God is not the same yesterday, today and tomorrow?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Dan

Thank you and howdy.

Regarding Acts 20:28...... I heard you the first time. When we are looking for guidance on an issue we ask the Lord Jesus for discernment then we open up our Bibles. Then we find a Biblical solution to the problem. Sometimes we find that the Biblical answer to our question as in the case of Elder selection, we realize we don't care for the Biblical solution so we get working on solution we like better. In this case we don't like that they (Deacons) are installed from outside of the assembly.

What it appears to me you are doing is informing us that the Holy Spirit has changed the set ways and now they (Elders) are appointed from within the church. Apparently a new rule that is doing things that is different from what the Bible teaches. Apparently God is not the same yesterday, today and tomorrow?

Hi and I have never yet to see how ELDERS were appointed in the Body of Christ and Paul is the only that I see that did !!

Do you and explain where where Paul did and that explain it was done ??

dan p

Upvote 0