Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
For an actual full-fledged website, the self-hosted version is best. If you are just blogging, the free version works.
I think I'm just gonna be using it to put sermons that I write that are based on the Gospel readings on Sundays. The Free version might be just as good as the upgrade for all I know. If upgrading to get my own web domain helps the content to be found and read more, then paying $4 a month isn't something I'd mind doing. Right now I just don't know how a lot of this works, and what's going to work best for me in the long run.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think I'm just gonna be using it to put sermons that I write that are based on the Gospel readings on Sundays. The Free version might be just as good as the upgrade for all I know. If upgrading to get my own web domain helps the content to be found and read more, then paying $4 a month isn't something I'd mind doing. Right now I just don't know how a lot of this works, and what's going to work best for me in the long run.
I was referencing self hosting, not upgrading with the $4 per month to get your own web domain.

I’d start with the free version since you are primarily using the “posts” feature. If you end up using it more, you can consider the paid version.

At the risk of going overboard on technical explanations...

For clarity, there is a WordPress framework that they make available for others to host on their own sites. People have to install Wordpress onto their hosting servers. It gives full access to administrative features, ability to develop custom solutions, and full design flexibility that way. It also allows for e-commerce frameworks, etc.

You are using the version where they do the hosting. The paid upgrade still is hosted through WordPress and doesn’t provide full capability of the extended version of WordPress. It just uses your own domain instead of xxxx.wordpress.com

• Useful
Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To sum it up...stick to the free version to start :) you can always upgrade later.
Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the free version, so this alone will keep me occupied for awhile.:)

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess I decided to stick my first blog entry here in CF. As well as at WordPress and Facebook. Check it out if you've nothing better to do, and pray for my prosperity in this venture. Thanks!

Three Miracles | Christian Forums

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess I decided to stick my first blog entry here in CF. As well as at WordPress and Facebook. Check it out if you've nothing better to do, and pray for my prosperity in this venture. Thanks!

Three Miracles | Christian Forums
Wow, I'm so glad I'm reading over threads I missed keeping up with. I really enjoyed this. Thank you!

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since we are discussing blogs....

If anyone else feels like reading more blogs, feel free to check mine out as well :) Lenten recipes and readings, church resources, etc

Lenten Season

Contributors for both recipes and readings are more than welcome!

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since we are discussing blogs....

If anyone else feels like reading more blogs, feel free to check mine out as well :) Lenten recipes and readings, church resources, etc

Lenten Season

Contributors for both recipes and readings are more than welcome!
Thank you! Sounds good. I'll be sure and try to visit when I get a break from trying to get a lot of the painting done at the Church. Your site looks beautifully done

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! Sounds good. I'll be sure and try to visit when I get a break from trying to get a lot of the painting done at the Church. Your site looks beautifully done
Thanks :) I’ve been working hard on it lately; just redesigned the whole thing. I hope it is beneficial for you and others as well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums