• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

how a mature man has to be?

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by lambofgod43985889, Sep 12, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Active Member Supporter

+135
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    according to the bible

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,816
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Mature means to produce fruit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control. If the tree does not produce fruit then it is cut down and thrown into the fire.

3. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+2,065
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    How mature does a man have to be for what? To get married? To be a church leader? To be everything God wants him to be? What goal do you have in mind?

And (acknowledging that English may not be your first language), when you say "man", do you mean "person" or "male person"? That is, are you looking for gender-specific virtues that apply to men in particular, or gender-independent virtues that apply to all people?

4. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic

+9,366
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    What a great reply!

5. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+1,451
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I might add that far too many put stipulations on who will be the receipient of each.

Mature man will no longer depend on others as a child does, but will serve ALL (in the ways mentioned above) rather than expect something in return.

6. Aabbie James

Aabbie James A Slave of Christ Jesus

+237
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

7. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+1,451
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Luke 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

8. Job3315

Job3315 Well-Known Member

+415
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I feel the question is incomplete, care to elaborate?
    How mature, according to the Bible, a man has to be...
    To what? To become a man? To be a christian? To give fruit? To manifest the kingdom?

If your question is referring to becoming a mature man then I agree with this reply, but the thing is, we cannot produce anything on our own. Only by having a personal relationship with Jesus (the vine) we can give of the fruits of the Spirit, everything else is fake; being able to purely manifest the fruits of the Spirit is a condition/manifestation of a heart in communion with God, while sin is a condition/manifestation of a heart that is disconnected from God. We suffered a disconnection from God's Spirit in the Garden of Eden, Jesus brought back that connection to restore us back to the Father. A pure heart comes only by having a relationship with Jesus. Maturity comes from that relationship.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM
  9. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,782
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Are you referring to mature in Life, or spiritually mature?

10. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,376
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

This goes for leaders, but I see this also needs to be how we all relate gently and humbly and we feed our good example to each other.

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

So, we all need to be gentle and humble with each other and have "longsuffering" ready always, because any of us can be wrong, at times.

11. lambofgod43985889

+135
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    mature in christ a male individual

12. lambofgod43985889

+135
    Argentina
    Protestant