Houston Police Chief Tells Donald Trump: 'If You Don't Have Something Constructive to Say, Keep Your

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full title:
Houston Police Chief Tells Donald Trump: 'If You Don't Have Something Constructive to Say, Keep Your Mouth Shut'

Houston police chief tells Donald Trump: "If you don't have something constructive to say, keep your mouth shut"

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo offered some advice to President Donald Trump on Monday after the president reportedly called on governors to do more to crack down on protesters demanding justice over the death of George Floyd: "If you don't have something constructive to say, keep your mouth shut."
tulc(seems simple enough) :wave:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The President will not be a happy camper when he hears the words from the Houston Chief.
Yeah, can't wait for that Twitter feed. ^_^

Houston protests have been relatively quiet and peaceful. The mayor got ahead of the wave and mobilized the police presence. Governor Abbott also mobilized the Texas National Guard on Saturday.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good for the police chief for standing up to Trump!
He really had no reason to. Trump's speech yesterday indicated there peaceful protesters and it is their right to be angry and want reform, and he differentiated between these peaceful elements and the violent anarchists. He spoke firmly against the violent actors and failures of some states and city governments to control the looting, shooting and arson. That's what he covered. Yet some media outlets heard what they wanted to hear and formed a pseudo narrative. Like they did with the whole Russia collusion hoax.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RLH,

If this is true:

Yeah, can't wait for that Twitter feed. ^_^

Houston protests have been relatively quiet and peaceful. The mayor got ahead of the wave and mobilized the police presence. Governor Abbott also mobilized the Texas National Guard on Saturday.

Then how do we know there's a problem here:

Er, well sure now do you job police chief.

Is it at all possible that the PD chief of Houston is doing his job and as a part of that job encouraging President Trump to stop with the comments that he so often makes to inflame such situations? Having a good PD chief doesn't mean that there won't ever be problems such as these that need to be sorted out. Rather, it means that when problems such as these come about, they are dealt with and handled effectively. According to your second post(first that I quoted), that seems to be how the PD chief, along with the mayor, are handling the situation. There's actually a good chance that the PD chief is doing a good job in giving President Trump those instructions to 'shut up'.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then how do we know there's a problem here
My comment of "now do your job" was meant as stay in your lane.
Is it at all possible that the PD chief of Houston is doing his job and as a part of that job encouraging President Trump to stop with the comments that he so often makes to inflame such situations?
The two have little to do with the other. (1) So far Houston is doing a good job because they actually "know" George Floyd. Perhaps they have not lost perspective. (2) Trump did not inflame a situation but gave a valid assessment. There are quite a few governors and mayors not doing their job and not using the assets available to them to quell the violence.
There's actually a good chance that the PD chief is doing a good job in giving President Trump those instructions to 'shut up'.
If the shoe fits wear it. That is what Trump indicated. For Houston as it stands now, the shoe does not fit and Houston was not called out. It was political grandstanding of the Houston police chief to comment on the Law and Order speech Trump gave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He really had no reason to. Trump's speech yesterday indicated there peaceful protesters and it is their right to be angry and want reform, and he differentiated between these peaceful elements and the violent anarchists. (snip)
President Trumps speech "about standing with peaceful demonstrators" was followed by his having peaceful demonstrators tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could walk to a church, hold up a bible and get his picture taken. I suspect what he said is going to be long forgotten, while what he he did is going to be what's remembered. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Trumps speech "about standing with peaceful demonstrators" was followed by his having peaceful demonstrators tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could walk to a church, hold up a bible and get his picture taken. I suspect what he said is going to be long forgotten, while what he he did is going to be what's remembered. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)
If that is to be believed.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RLH,

It was political grandstanding of the Houston police chief to comment on the Law and Order speech Trump gave.

Or, it could be, that as a good PD chief he is being proactive. Most such jobs work better when the person doing it is proactive. He wants people to not be inflamed by some thoughtless comment that the President may make. After all, he is pretty well known for doing such things.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RLH,

President Trumps speech "about standing with peaceful demonstrators" was followed by his having peaceful demonstrators tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could walk to a church, hold up a bible and get his picture taken. I suspect what he said is going to be long forgotten, while what he he did is going to be what's remembered.

If that is to be believed.

I'm curious. What part of the quoted post are you saying may be in question as to its believability?
Is it the part about Trump actually saying the words 'about standing with peaceful demonstrators'. Is it the part about peaceful demonstrators being tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets so he could walk to church? Is it rather the part about his holding up a bible to get his picture taken?

Just curious what it is in that quote that you're questioning as being true?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi RLH,

Or, it could be, that as a good PD chief he is being proactive. Most such jobs work better when the person doing it is proactive. He wants people to not be inflamed by some thoughtless comment that the President may make. After all, he is pretty well known for doing such things.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
What was inflammatory?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was inflammatory?

HI RLH,

Really, I didn't say that he said anything inflammatory. People are people and they can take something said to be totally innocuous or inflammatory. As I stated, I think there is ample evidence that at least 15 people have taken the President's words as inflammatory in many various and sundry circumstances over the last 3 years. What I said was, and I quote myself here: "He wants people to not be inflamed by some thoughtless comment that the President may make". My charge against the President was that his comments seem to so often be 'not well thought through', not that he said anything inflammatory. Now, because his comments are often 'not well thought through', people often become inflamed by his thoughtless comments. That's what I said and I'm glad I was able to have this opportunity to straighten out what I actually said from what you thought I said.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married