tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
House Republicans are sprinting for the exits ahead of 2018 midterms - CNNPolitics
On Wednesday, California Rep. Darrell Issa announced his retirement from Congress, the latest senior Republican to walk away from Washington amid mounting fears that a Democratic wave -- fueled by President Donald Trump's terrible approval ratings -- is headed toward Washington this fall.

Issa's retirement comes hot on the heels of his California colleague Ed Royce's decision to call it quits earlier this week. Both Issa and Royce represent districts that Hillary Clinton carried over Donald Trump in 2016. Of those 23 districts nationwide, four Republicans who hold them are retiring while a fifth -- Arizona's Martha McSally -- is expected to run for Senate.
Royce, who sits atop the House Foreign Relations Committee, is the 9th(!) committee chairman to announce he or she will be leaving the House in 2018.
Issa and Royce are the 31st and 32nd Republicans in the House to announce he won't be running again in 2018; Democrats have just 15 open seats, by contrast.
to which I say:
iu

tulc(chose this "Tombstone" one over "well...bye" because it seemed more polite) :)

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There are two sides of the republican party right now, and Trump's side is most popular. I know people who don't like Trump think he's weak and has no real popularity, except for the KKK, but there's a reason why Steve Bannon came out and said he regretted his comments and stepped down from Breitbart. There is still a large portion of the party who leans more libertarian who is against the establishment republicans like McCain and others who have held up the agenda. These guys are leaving in favor of better republican candidates.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not sure. He may have been in a tough re-election fight to begin with. It's not Trump-friendly country in California.
You're probably correct about the last two in CA. However, it doesn't appear to be that way for most of them.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Somehow I doubt Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating has anything to do with politicians dropping out like flies. I mean seriously, if that were the case, no politician would stick around, considering how the general public views politics and politicians in general. The only fuel I see, is the steams coming from most of the popular news media outlets.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lol maybe the swamp creatures are leaving!
Nah, I suspect some people just have no interest in watching the swamp finally consume the rest of the Republican Party. Maybe they want to be ready to come back once it's finally consumed in the giant dumpster fire they have raging?
y073x.gif

tulc(good times, good times!) :bye:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Some may be leaving but there are a number of convicted criminals who are now in the running for the GOP --- Joe Arpaio, Michael Grimm, Donald Blankenship, Greg Gianforte ----- any more???

Upvote 0