House passes bill to drop legal protections for gray wolves

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
House passes bill to drop legal protections for gray wolves
The Republican-controlled House passed a bill Friday to drop legal protections for gray wolves across the lower 48 states, reopening a lengthy battle over the predator species.

Long despised by farmers and ranchers, wolves were shot, trapped and poisoned out of existence in most of the U.S. by the mid-20th century. Since securing protection in the 1970s, wolves have bounced back in the western Great Lakes states of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as in the Northern Rockies and Pacific Northwest.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm sad for the gray wolf. The waya is a very important part of Native American culture and always has been. To quote Chief Luther Standing Bear, “The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too.” Such disregard for these creatures and for nature is disheartening.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are lifting the federal protections not calling for an open season.
I’m not so confident that ranchers won’t interpret it as a free pass to open season.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sad for the gray wolf. The waya is a very important part of Native American culture and always has been. To quote Chief Luther Standing Bear, “The old Lakota was wise. He knew that man's heart away from nature becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too.” Such disregard for these creatures and for nature is disheartening.
Perhaps a solution is to relocate a sizable amount of these wolves to Native Nation lands?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The gray wolf is God’s creation, and I hope they don’t go extinct. Other species such as deer could overpopulate without natural predators. We still have coyotes though who are populating. Hard decision!
Conservation is key.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The last time a wolf attacked a night club and school were horrible!
I acknowledge that you’re attempting to make a point.

But I must also acknowledge that your point is not clear to me.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps a solution is to relocate a sizable amount of these wolves to Native Nation lands?

Speaking as a conservationist and as an environmentalist, I would like to see the gray wolf remain within its own natural habitat without the threat of the most dangerous animal and predator to ever walk the Earth, human beings who kill other animals for sport and trophies. I would like to see the gray wolf remain within its own natural habitat without the encroachment of greedy human beings, who tend to resemble a horde of locusts by devouring and destroying everything within their path.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking as a conservationist and as an environmentalist, I would like to see the gray wolf remain within its own natural habitat without the threat of the most dangerous animal and predator to ever walk the Earth, human beings who kill other animals for sport and trophies. I would like to see the gray wolf remain within its own natural habitat without the encroachment of greedy human beings, who tend to resemble a horde of locusts by devouring and destroying everything within their path.
To hunt anything to extinction levels is illogical. Most hunters are conservationists.

However, you must consider that humans too are part of our natural habitat. We build farms and ranches and are not going anywhere. Strike the balance.

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0