• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

House GOP report says no evidence for impeachment

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+8,236
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I guess this comes as no surprise.
    MB

House GOP report says no evidence for Trump impeachment, warns of ‘dangerous precedent’
    House Republicans delivered a point-by-point rebuttal Monday to Democrats’ impeachment efforts, claiming in their own report that the evidence collected in the inquiry to date does not support the accusations leveled against President Trump -- or rise to the level of removal from office.

“The evidence presented does not prove any of these Democrat allegations, and none of the Democrats’ witnesses testified to having evidence of bribery, extortion, or any high crime or misdemeanor,” Republicans said in a 123-page report, timed to be made public ahead of the majority Democrats’ impeachment report.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,274
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Is there somewhere I can read the report?

3. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,539
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Bob, when will you ever read and watch REAL news from sources that do NOT lean conservative?

Only conservative news sources report what Fox does. If you get news from neutral sources, you can see very clearly there are TONS of pieces of evidence for Trump to be impeached.

4. Mountainmanbob

+8,236
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Hammster

Hammster Melanin Level - Low Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,795
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  6. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,847
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    first-link-that-confirms-what-you-already-believe01.jpg

7. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+419
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Totally dysfunctional government in deep state of denial.

8. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+3,885
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    What do non-GOP reports say?

Of course the GOP isn't going to find anything wrong with Trump since they for some reason view him as the second coming of Christ.

9. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lol - because they aren’t letting a bunch of the witnesses testify!

10. ChristianForCats

+1,539
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    TRUMP is not letting a bunch of witnesses testify. Democrats subpoenaed them.

11. Sparagmos

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yeah I know? Did you think I meant Dems when I said “they?”

12. ChristianForCats

+1,539
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes I did, becaues Trump is one person.

13. Sparagmos

+2,625
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I think it’s the Trump administration. The Republicans are backing him and his buddy Putin.

14. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,274
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Well I read the report and I didn't see any new. They just kept repeating some of their points over and over again. If they hadn't of done that the report would be half as long.

15. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    Yep, no surprise. The GOP is going to back Trump even if he walked out on 5th Ave and shot someone.

16. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+707
    Non-Denom
    Well maybe the question could be asked (if such happened) why did he shoot him? Maybe he was putting down a terrorist who at the moment was shooting others?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Mountainmanbob

+8,236
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    GOP report: Evidence ‘does not prove’ Trump pressured Ukraine for political benefit

Evidence presented during the fact-finding stage of a House impeachment inquiry “does not prove” Democratic allegations that President Donald Trump abused his authority when pressuring Ukraine into launching an investigation of a rival that would benefit his 2020 reelection campaign, a report released by Republicans Monday evening said.

18. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,739
    Catholic
    Married
    If he shot an Innocent man, they'd still say he was justified.

19. ChristianForCats

+1,539
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Because he is a racist. Then he would just make up an excuse about the victim not being a good guy, when everybody can see he did notthing wrong.

20. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,797
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    There is politics and then there is morality and ethics.

There are moral and ethical politicians of every political persuasion. There are also immoral and unethical politicians.

I would hope that political parties would want to preserve the integrity of their organization, not only to benefit the country to which they are pledged but also to maintain the public trust.

No one politician is indispensable. When JFK was assassinated, he was replaced by another Democrat, not as charismatic or inspirational, but with his own unique gifts.

Despite some personal crudeness (I remember him showing his appendectomy scar on page 1 of the NY Daily News) which we would hardly blink at today, he actually accomplished more than many presidents with the passage of the Voting Rights Act and Medicare.

When you reach the age of 65, as I have, you will be forever in this president's debt, and you will bless him.

Similarly, if Trump were removed from office, the presidency would continue. The new president, Pence, would have a very different style than Trump--which would be welcomed by many people. Things would still get done.

President Trump is surrounded with enough evidence of corruption to have buried a herd of elephants. It is now up to Republicans to try to save their party by maintaining its integrity. This report is disappointing but not unexpected.