House Democrats Attack 1st Amendment Rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Did anyone get you fired from your job over it?

Kicked off internet social groups?

Expelled from College?

Denied admission to public functions because of it?

Been physically assaulted because of it, your property vandalized, or your family members threatened?

If it's "No" to any of the above, you aren't talking about the Cancel Culture at work; it's just about you being shunned and called "unsavory names" by individuals you know. That applies to most of us in one way or another, regardless of our voting preferences.

Some did have their Biden sign torn up.

• Haha
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You noticed all the things you mentioned are run by leftists? It's always the left that wants to shut down free speech.
And always the Right that wants free speech to include malicious, bigoted falsehoods about LGBTs

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You noticed all the things you mentioned are run by leftists? It's always the left that wants to shut down free speech.
Why do you confuse hate speech with free speech? Those words are NOT the same thing.

"I wish you nothing but th ebest rjs330. I don't know you and we disagree often but I know you are sincere in your faith and I believe you truly love God".

What I'm typing here is JUST as much "free speech" as using hte "n" word or saying all jews should be slaughtered. Free speech is just.....speech. Speaking. We choose to show love or hate. Yes, we LEGALLY have to allow it, but it seems like the right wants to CELEBRATE and VENERATE it.
What's the deal with that?

The left wants to shut down hate speech. On that, you are 100% correct. And they will take all measures they legally can do to so. That's why I LOVE the left. My faith encourages me to speak truthfully and out of love. Hate speech doesn't do that. I don't condone it, support it, or want it around me and where I live.

I will endevour to surround myself with people who don't converse in hate speech. I would prefer to live in a community that has limited to no hate speech. I would prefer if everyone chose to be kind all the time. But that don't happen.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And always the Right that wants free speech to include malicious, bigoted falsehoods about LGBTs
My apologies for the severe plagiarizing here.......
And as always the Left wants that free speech to include malicious, bigoted falsehoods about anyone who disagrees with their POV.
See?.....everyone can do it.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I will endevour to surround myself with people who don't converse in hate speech. I would prefer to live in a community that has limited to no hate speech. I would prefer if everyone chose to be kind all the time. But that don't happen.
I wish you well in your bubble.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My apologies for the severe plagiarizing here.......
And as always the Left wants that free speech to include malicious, bigoted falsehoods about anyone who disagrees with their POV.
See?.....everyone can do it.
Again...another right winger who conflates hate speech with "free speech".

I wonder if they even KNOW the difference now....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nah, I conflate free speech with free speech whether I approve of it or not. Try not to be intolerant of others POV.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
To include, yes. See the difference? The right wants inclusion, the left wants exclusion.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I wonder if they even KNOW the difference now....
Hate speech is free speech.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hate speech is free speech.
Hello.
James runs down the street.
This machine is hot.

These are all free speech.

Free speech is speech you are free to say. Hate speech is hate speech that you are legally permitted to say.

Thing is, you are free to say ANYTHING YOU WANT. You can choose to be a bigot, a jerk. And you are free to be called out for it. It just seems like bigots, for SOME reason, don't like the label bigot.
What's up with that?

Nobody says "You are a wonderful person and I treasure you" is free speech, but it is. You are PERMITTED to say it. Therefore, it is free.

Why do you think only hate speech is free speech? That's a ludicrous and dangerous position to put yourself into in my mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That seems to be your happy place.
It's not my happy place.

I like the idea that minorities groups don't have to put up with hatefilled stupidity that doesn't deserve the light of day.
Nah, I conflate free speech with free speech whether I approve of it or not.
Pro Tip: That doesn't disagree with what I said.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hello.
James runs down the street.
This machine is hot.

These are all free speech.

Free speech is speech you are free to say. Hate speech is hate speech that you are legally permitted to say.

Thing is, you are free to say ANYTHING YOU WANT. You can choose to be a bigot, a jerk. And you are free to be called out for it. It just seems like bigots, for SOME reason, don't like the label bigot.
What's up with that?

Nobody says "You are a wonderful person and I treasure you" is free speech, but it is. You are PERMITTED to say it. Therefore, it is free.

Why do you think only hate speech is free speech? That's a ludicrous and dangerous position to put yourself into in my mind.
I didn’t say that only hate speech is free speech. :doh:

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then why not include CNN and MSNBC as recipients of that same letter? They are guilty of the same charge.

Rick Satorum is, but he works with former Barack Obama advisors Van Jones and David Axelrod. There is no evidence either of those two guys are wrong about anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.