New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
We hear that all the time
but, where are they?
I know next to none working more than one job.
Do you yourself actually know any?
If so how many?
I bet at the best -- very, very few?
Not enough to make the news.
But, they will throw the story in there anyway.
M-Bob
I know mostly two sets of people: fellow IT staff. We're generally pretty high on the salary scale, and mostly don't need this. And members of my church. But I really have little idea how many jobs they have.

BLS numbers claim 5%. But it's very unlikely that this number is what we're thinking of. It doesn't appear that people who work extra on the side report it to the BLS. Here's one indication: Survey: The Average Side Hustler Earns Over $8K Annually | Bankrate.com They claim 37%, increasing in younger generations. This survey says 18% of teachers have a second job: A shocking number of teachers under 30 work a second job. I don't know whether this has the same issue as the BLS numbers.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Probably 4 out of 5 people that work two jobs
do so because they work part time only
ok -- takes two part time jobs to make them whole.

And then on the other hand for some reason I know a lot of people now days that only want to work part time. Like 15 to 25 hours a week.

I worked for the City full time yet, had many part time businesses throughout the years and have worked part time testing water wells for the last 20 years. I didn't have to do this to get by. It was a choice.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status