Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you realize that you're making unproven derogatory assertions about what Democrats would do, and then claiming Christians have to be better than that which you have just done?
I rightly said that many loud voices on the left have double standards for character, and that Christians should not have double standards for character.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don’t believe open borders in disregard of the consequences of such a policy is of Christ. And you have no idea what you are talking about when you claim “love” is your motive. It is not. Your false accusations put your true motive, which is contrary to “love” On full display.
So I see you skirted the question...Again. The question does not pertain to borders. The question is referring to the statement made by Trump about Haiti, El Salvador, and various African nations.

So again please answer the questions about Christ's Spirit: Do you think believing that people should not be allowed into America from expletive countries is the Spirit of Christ? Do you think it loves others as yourself?

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question does not pertain to borders. The question is referring to the statement made by Trump about Haiti, El Salvador, and various African nations.
Trump referred to certain financially,morally, and religiously corrupt nations in a derogatory manner. And a President openly recognizing what most of the civilized world already knows is outrageous how?
All who are truly loving others as they would want to be loved, could not possibly be serving carnal vanity.
All who are truly loving others as they would want to be loved would not support a party that not only openly condones the killing of babies but stands against those who condemn it.
He’s a terrible businessman. So what does he have going for him?
If he did nothing in 8 years but appoint judges who will stand against the killing of babies - and yet left his fly open and swore a blue streak in press conferences - the saving of just one of those human lives would make all of his outlandish statements worth enduring.
You can see plainly from my questions above that Christ is my motive.
I can see plainly just from your stance against Trump that Christ is not only NOT your motive - you support the killing of the very little ones Christ told us to suffer to come to Him.

You are either morally corrupt yourself, having compromised on the most basic of moral issues, or you are Biblically illiterate.
Do you realize that you're making unproven derogatory assertions about what Democrats would do, and then claiming Christians have to be better than that which you have just done?
Everyone knows where the Democrats stand on moral issues.

They stand for the killing of babies and the sexual and financial abuse of the poor women traveling through Mexico who are risking and enduring rape just to reach the carrots the Democrats hold out to entice them North.

They are attempting to overthrow a duly elected President who seems to be one of the only ones in the swamp who will stand up for babies and poor women from central America and Mexico.

P.S.

On the sin and corruption scale - the killing of 50.000.000 babies trumps (pun intended) a couple of divorces, a bragging spirit, and an outlandish hair-do any day of the week.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I rightly said that many loud voices on the left have double standards for character, and that Christians should not have double standards for character.
I agree Christians should not have double standards, which is why you should not exclude the many loud voices on the right. A left/right dichotomy exists to denote an abstract center. Hence it is hypocrisy that would work both ends against the middle.

• Agree
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree Christians should not have double standards, which is why you should not exclude the many loud voices on the right. A left/right dichotomy exists to denote an abstract center. Hence it is hypocrisy that would work both ends against the middle.
Where did you read that I was giving anyone on the right a pass?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
As my profile says, I live in Australia & not a US citizen, so I get rather mystified by the personal vitriol that is expressed towards President Trump. Of course it happens here too but basically we are just too busy playing cricket & football to get too worked up about our pollies.

The first US president I became aware of as a young teenager was Kennedy ... and yes I remember where I was when he was shot. So over the years I have taken a distant interest in US politics, becoming more aware of things in recent years through forums such as this. Unless I am beginning to 'disremember' there is not a time I can recall when there was such personal animus for a president.

I suppose everyone is aware of Trump's character flaws but I am surprised how often he is abused on a personal level by those Christians who dislike him ... which actually sounds like hate to me. In Australia there is a tendency to avoid attacks on a politician's character though there have been notable exceptions (eg Barnaby Joyce).

It seems those who engage in attacking Trump's character, rather than just objectively criticizing his policies, do so on the basis that it is "the truth". I'm not actually asking whether it is "the truth" that Trump is all the bad things people say, but whether as Christians we ought to adopt a different approach.
I live in Canada and we get overwhelmed by US media coverage. Especially about Trump.

Trump was never expected.. He was a surprise to run... a surprise to win the party leadership and a surprise to win as President.

Now.. all those who thought Hillary was going to have a cake walk.. have been doing nothing but trying to impeach him...

The media is nauseatingly pro Left and pro Democrats... The lies and half truths that they present is fake news... really..

There are media outlets that do cover the real truth, but few.

If the things that they are hammering Trump about, are enough for them to start the impeachment process... then Hillary would never have lasted a week.

The big surprise, however, is with Christians... Yes, Trump is not even close to a poster child for any church or Christian organization.. However, his policies are far far more biblical and Christian that those of the Democrats.

Not only that, but as Christians we should be well aware that no person in power gets there without it being in God's will. Not even Trudeau... in Canada... ugh.. patience Lord......

Anyway, for whatever their reasoning for their viral dislike or even hatred for Trump.. they should accept that this is God's will and look into all the nonsense that is being pinned on the man.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not skirting anything. You are. Trump never, nor Republicans, nor have I ever advocated borders closed to all immigration or refugees from any nation including the corrupt ones your naming. Which as everyone knows, including the people who live in those nations. What was meant by Trumps statement....which they, the people of those nations agree with. They are corrupt from the top down and bottom up and that corruption is the source of all the problems people would like to flee from.
What Trump has advocated is just plain and simply. The federal government actually doing its job and properly policing its borders.
Something his predecessors
have all talked a good talk about but refused to do.
Your just a false accuser.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ernestd

Oct 6, 2019
Providence
✟15,417.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As my profile says, I live in Australia & not a US citizen, so I get rather mystified by the personal vitriol that is expressed towards President Trump. Of course it happens here too but basically we are just too busy playing cricket & football to get too worked up about our pollies.

The first US president I became aware of as a young teenager was Kennedy ... and yes I remember where I was when he was shot. So over the years I have taken a distant interest in US politics, becoming more aware of things in recent years through forums such as this. Unless I am beginning to 'disremember' there is not a time I can recall when there was such personal animus for a president.

I suppose everyone is aware of Trump's character flaws but I am surprised how often he is abused on a personal level by those Christians who dislike him ... which actually sounds like hate to me. In Australia there is a tendency to avoid attacks on a politician's character though there have been notable exceptions (eg Barnaby Joyce).

It seems those who engage in attacking Trump's character, rather than just objectively criticizing his policies, do so on the basis that it is "the truth". I'm not actually asking whether it is "the truth" that Trump is all the bad things people say, but whether as Christians we ought to adopt a different approach.
I agree that the response to many politician are at time not Christian.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All who are truly loving others as they would want to be loved would not support a party that not only openly condones the killing of babies but stands against those who condemn it.
I don't condone abortion nor any other sin. And I don't vote according to that issue because I know Republicans fornicate and get abortions too.

I can see plainly just from your stance against Trump that Christ is not only NOT your motive - you support the killing of the very little ones Christ asked us to suffer to come to Him.
My stance against Trump is against his falsehoods and abuse of power.
You are either morally corrupt yourself, having compromised on the most basic of moral issues, or you are Biblically illiterate.
The bible says the letter of the law kills but the Spirit gives life. Hence I don't believe Love can be manifested through the letter of the law.

Everyone knows where the Democrats stand on moral issues.
They stand for the killing of babies and the sexual and financial abuse of the poor women traveling through Mexico who are risking and enduring rape just to reach the carrots the Democrats hold on a stick to entice them North.
That's just something you've been told to believe.

They are attempting to overthrow the duly elected person who seems to be the only one who will stand up for babies and poor women from central America and Mexico.
Trump won't end sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where did you read that I was giving anyone on the right a pass?
I didn't exactly. I read that you made definitive derogatory assertions without any evidence about "the left".

I guarantee you that you would not be hearing this from the American left if Trump had run as a Democrat while espousing the left-wing policies he had espoused in the past (gun control, socialized medicine, abortion). His making fun of the one-armed guy would not have mattered to them. His past affairs and sexual harassment would not have mattered to them, they would have rallied around him like they did with Bill Clinton. Bullying on Twitter? They'd be fine with it, they themselves bully conservatives on Twitter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't exactly. I read that you made definitive derogatory assertions without any evidence about "the left".

I guarantee you that you would not be hearing this from the American left if Trump had run as a Democrat while espousing the left-wing policies he had espoused in the past (gun control, socialized medicine, abortion). His making fun of the one-armed guy would not have mattered to them. His past affairs and sexual harassment would not have mattered to them, they would have rallied around him like they did with Bill Clinton. Bullying on Twitter? They'd be fine with it, they themselves bully conservatives on Twitter.
Which constitutes the majority of the people the OP was speaking of.

Do you deny that many on the left rallied around Bill Clinton during his scandals? Do you deny that left-wingers bully conservatives on Twitter?

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m not skirting anything. You are. Trump never, nor Republicans, nor have I ever advocated borders closed to all immigration or refugees from any nation including the corrupt ones your naming. Which as everyone knows, including the people who live in those nations. What was meant by Trumps statement....which they, the people of those nations agree with. They are corrupt from the top down and bottom up and that corruption is the source of all the problems people would like to flee from.
What Trump has advocated is just plain and simply. The federal government actually doing its job and properly policing its borders.
Something his predecessors
have all talked a good talk about but refused to do.
Your just a false accuser.
I'm not even disagreeing with Trump that those countries have problems. That of course is not the issue posed in the questions. The issue is whether people should be discriminated against based on their country of origin.

So please answer the questions: Do you think believing that people should not be allowed into America from expletive countries is the Spirit of Christ? Do you think it loves others as yourself?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Jesus called Herod a 'fox'. In the culture of the time, the sense of this was a 'useless, worthless, person'. .

Your definition is off not useless and worthless. Foxes were known to be clever. They used their cleverness to hunt and to steal crops and chickens from farmers. The idiom refers to the classic dishonest politician.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which constitutes the majority of the people the OP was speaking of.
That doesn't make it true.
Do you deny that many on the left rallied around Bill Clinton during his scandals? Do you deny that left-wingers bully conservatives on Twitter?
I don't accept the application of a left/right dichotomy
being used as a descriptive tool for what is human vanity.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't make it true.
OP was asking about vitriol aimed at Trump. Do you deny that there is more of that from the left than there is from the right?

I don't accept the application of a left/right dichotomy
being used as a descriptive tool for what is human vanity.
I agree it's a human issue, I work to correct people on the right myself.

Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It’s probably a good idea to pray for our president. Since the free world depends on America, praying for our politicians is always a good idea. By this I mean, praying for God The Father’s Will as it regards our leaders. Were it not for America, the Russians or Chinese would have ruled the world a long time ago. In fact, it might have been the Germans. Had there been no America, the Germans would have easily won WWII. We here in America should be first in praying for our leaders and God’s Will regarding their policies.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not even disagreeing with Trump that those countries have problems. That of course is not the issue posed in the questions. The issue is whether people should be discriminated against based on their country of origin.

So please answer the questions: Do you think believing that people should not be allowed into America from expletive countries is the Spirit of Christ? Do you think it loves others as yourself?
Yes absolutely. It is of the spirit of Christ to be discriminant in who you allow in your country based on their country of origin. If 20% of a country are Islamist supremacists and want to use jihad to conquer the free world. Then heck yes, if your a person of good will in Christ you will be very discriminatory in regards to that country about who you will and will not allow in.
Same with any other country that is beset by human maladies. The worse the maladies. Whether it be diseases, criminality, dangerous and destructive ideologies. The more discriminatory a good and just government has to be in who they will and not allow in.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
He’s a terrible businessman. So what does he have going for him?
Well, I guess that from looking from so far away at the bottom of the world, I could be looking through the wrong end of the telescope! :)

Upvote 0