Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a lot of Christians tend to forget is Paul and Peter both wrote to honor and obey those in authority, up to and including a national leader, in their case the emperor which translates in our case to the President/Prime Minister/etc.

Paul was murdered by having his head removed by the very Emperor he told people to honor and obey.

Peter was murdered by being crucified upside down by the very Emperor he wrote to honor and obey.

So it isn't just a matter of respecting the person in office, it's wholly a matter of if you aren't, you are actually sinning. Remember, God has appointed every. single. one. of these individuals to rule at exactly the moment in history they do so. So you aren't just opposing Trump, you are opposing God.

And don't get me wrong, it isn't just about Trump, Republicans in America did the exact same thing when Obama was in office. The ironic thing about it all is, Christians want to cry about having more godly leaders while how many of us live godly lives ourselves?

If we want change, stop looking to government officials and just effect the people around you. Can you imagine what the world would look like if the 2/3 billion people that say they are Christian would actually stop whining and bickering about government this and government that and just live in a Christlike manner. We don't even need to agree on what sanctification means, or how many prayers need said or how to say them. Just live a Christlike life!

1 John 4:16, "God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."

1 John 3:17-18, "If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

Jesus called Herod a 'fox'. In the culture of the time, the sense of this was a 'useless, worthless, person'. David wouldn't harm Saul, but he still knew he was wrong. There's nothing in the bible suggesting that Christians should adopt a sycophantic attitude towards political leaders, particularly when they are as amoral as someone like Trump.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I remember back when there was all this hate by Christians directed at Timothy Mcveigh. Isn't it unChristlike to hate like that? Or when Christians would hate Saddam, or Stalin. Why all the hate, man? Is it just because they're hardened criminals who killed people?

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The criticisms against his character are relevant. We don't want a president who is incompetent and who is a borderline white nationalist.

Those are nothing but slanderous accusations that the left is promoting and is believed hook, line and sinker by those who lack knowledge and wisdom. There is no proof that President Trump is any less competent than past presidents - actually he is doing a better job for our country.

No proof that President Trump is a white nationalist. Another slanderous accusation promoted by the left. The left tried to paint Trump as an anti-Semite too. How ignorant can people be? The answer is to learn what the liberal anti-Americans are saying and doing.

• Winner
Reactions: His student
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As my profile says, I live in Australia & not a US citizen, so I get rather mystified by the personal vitriol that is expressed towards President Trump. Of course it happens here too but basically we are just too busy playing cricket & football to get too worked up about our pollies.

The first US president I became aware of as a young teenager was Kennedy ... and yes I remember where I was when he was shot. So over the years I have taken a distant interest in US politics, becoming more aware of things in recent years through forums such as this. Unless I am beginning to 'disremember' there is not a time I can recall when there was such personal animus for a president.

I suppose everyone is aware of Trump's character flaws but I am surprised how often he is abused on a personal level by those Christians who dislike him ... which actually sounds like hate to me. In Australia there is a tendency to avoid attacks on a politician's character though there have been notable exceptions (eg Barnaby Joyce).

It seems those who engage in attacking Trump's character, rather than just objectively criticizing his policies, do so on the basis that it is "the truth". I'm not actually asking whether it is "the truth" that Trump is all the bad things people say, but whether as Christians we ought to adopt a different approach.

Is this an example of Aussie's trying not to play the game?
Trump and the Giant ImPeach

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't cry racism because of differences of policy, I simply point out that not wanting to let in people from expletive countries is discrimination according to country of origin. That's classic racism.
No - that isn't classic racism. That's classic pragmatism.
.......and shut out the poor seeking refuge here, and that he doesn't want to let in people from expletive nations, his words reveal everything about which mind he has.
Your politics are showing.

Upvote 0

His student

Jan 10, 2019
Northwest
✟48,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump has VIOLATED our electoral process ... and threatens to do so again. Such must be countered for the sake of the nation ...
A-non-Thinker,

The Democrats and anti-Trump forces including Hillary Clinton have VIOLATED our electoral process...and threatens to do so again. Such must be countered for the sake of the nation...

Thank God we have a President and Attorney General who are not afraid to do just that.
So ... we should just ignore all of the current government parallels with the German government in the 1930's ???
There are none. Your just going along with the party line (just as most of the Germans did b the way.)

Hardly .. he's a cheat, a liar, and a serial adulterer.
Shades of the John Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As my profile says, I live in Australia & not a US citizen, so I get rather mystified by the personal vitriol that is expressed towards President Trump. Of course it happens here too but basically we are just too busy playing cricket & football to get too worked up about our pollies.

The first US president I became aware of as a young teenager was Kennedy ... and yes I remember where I was when he was shot. So over the years I have taken a distant interest in US politics, becoming more aware of things in recent years through forums such as this. Unless I am beginning to 'disremember' there is not a time I can recall when there was such personal animus for a president.

I suppose everyone is aware of Trump's character flaws but I am surprised how often he is abused on a personal level by those Christians who dislike him ... which actually sounds like hate to me. In Australia there is a tendency to avoid attacks on a politician's character though there have been notable exceptions (eg Barnaby Joyce).

It seems those who engage in attacking Trump's character, rather than just objectively criticizing his policies, do so on the basis that it is "the truth". I'm not actually asking whether it is "the truth" that Trump is all the bad things people say, but whether as Christians we ought to adopt a different approach.
You must have been asleep during the Obama years

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's unreasonable to attack people who point out the truth of someone's ungodly character, particularly when that person holds great power and their policies reflect that character. Perhaps you should ask yourself if it's true before calling it personal vitriol.
That would require the ability to discern truth, something Trump supporters severely lack

Upvote 0

roman2819

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why doesn't Tdump try or learn to be less blunt? Wouldn't that invite less criricisms? He is the most frank president in recent memory, doesn't use jargons and cliches, unlike other smooth talking politicians. That is good, but being less blunt can be useful for his reelection bid. Not too late to start trying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Democrats and anti-Trump forces including Hillary Clinton have VIOLATED our electoral process...and threatens to do so again. Such must be countered for the sake of the nation...
True. Democrats are no better that the republicans and it's time to stop supporting BOTH of those lying, deceiving parties.

The sake of the nation is NOT advanced by meeting one violation with another from the other side.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of all the politicians running in 2020 Trump represents Christian values more than any of the others.

They are too blind to see.

Maybe these are the end times?
M-Bob
I'd laugh if that sentiment weren't so tragically false.

The blindness runs rampant on BOTH sides

And yes, they most certainly are.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People of good conscience can disagree over matters of importance. Such disagreements require a certain amount of mutual forbearance.

What is concerning to me is if these political divisions find a home within the body of Christ. Should not our faith, hope, and love given to us in Jesus Christ transcend the divisions bred in the world? Is everything, including our precious faith, becoming politicised? And if it is, who is supposed to stop it if not us?
We were told thousands of years ago where the world is headed.

You can't vote your way out from under the proclamations of God.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hardly .. he's a cheat, a liar, and a serial adulterer. First wife Ivana, second wife Marla Maples, and Melania give testiment to this. Anyone who thinks he's going to do right by them ... is just drinking the koolaid ...
On BOTH sides.

Red or blue, the coolaid is POISON.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember back when there was all this hate by Christians directed at Timothy Mcveigh. Isn't it unChristlike to hate like that? Or when Christians would hate Saddam, or Stalin. Why all the hate, man? Is it just because they're hardened criminals who killed people?
Remember that when considering what would Jesus do, breaking out the whips and trashing the place is NOT off the table!

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's not a morally exemplary man is he? I can understand people not liking what he says and does.
Bundaberg is sugar water.

Vote Reeds! The only TRUE brewed Ginger beer!

Reeds 2020! Reeds 2020!

(Sorry, couldn't resist ;) )

• Haha
Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How quickly we forget....
A president with a feel for the spiritual who was hated by the pious

Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you understood how immigration & refugee intakes work you would have more insight. Immigrants are assessed according to criteria and there are caps. Every sensible politician on both sides knows that. Most countries assess applicants according to the needs of the country accepting the immigrants because there are always more applicants than places. Refugees are assessed by the UN according to their personal safety. Selecting & screening immigrants & refugees is not racist, it is universal policy and varies from country to country.
I want you to know that I already know all of this. These are facts and if I may respectfully remind you, you previously had said that facts are malleable. I hope you now realize that facts are facts and when you say that facts are malleable you adulterate the meaning of the term.

It seems you are offended because the president said "s...hole countries" instead of dysfunctional countries or some other word to describe the conditions in some countries ... ok, but don't try to make it a slur against the people in those countries ... that is just looking for racism because of your bias.
It doesn't matter if Trump said dysfunctional countries, it's still discrimination based on the country of origin. That's classic racism and that's a fact. And yes it is a slur against those people since he said he didn't want them coming in, based on a prejudice. That's why it's wrong, and that's also a fact.
It is not dissimilar to taking the words "there are good people on both sides" and spinning it into a racist comment without taking the time to examine the whole context and what was actually being said.
The climax of the incident was a racist Nazi guy intentionally plowing his car through a crowd of people that he hated, and whom he had never even met. It was not only either a cold heart or a blind eye that would obfuscate by saying there were good and bad people on both sides, but those were words of a carnal mind based on vanity since it portrayed the incident as about good and bad people, rather than right and wrong ideology.

Calling someone you dislike a racist is a personal attack. Disagreeing with the policy on immigrants, refugees & asylum seekers does not mean you have to stoop to that level.
No, I'm sorry but you are wrong. It's not a personal attack to witness prejudice and say it is wrong. There's not even any reason to presume there preceded a dislike of the person whose mouth spoke the poisonous thoughts before he spoke them.

That's the second time that you have reasoned upon this same false premise which has caused you to accuse people who speak out against the carnal vain words of this this President. However, prejudice is a personal attack on the target of the prejudice. Hence we should avoid such hypocrisy that performs a personal attack upon another person, by assuming they have attacked this President personally.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Criticism of someone is different from hate, although the two aren't mutually exclusive.

The following kinds of comments would be considered hate rather than criticism:
  • Insulting family members
  • death threats
  • insults featuring locker room language
  • talking negative about his private life
Personally, I feel very angry about how Trump is running our country, but that is not hate.

• Agree
Reactions: Petunia
Upvote 0