keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
With hospitals full, Central California pleading to send COVID-19 patients to L.A. (msn.com)

The lead is that Fresno and the rest of the central valley where vaccination rates are low has overflowing hospitals that want to transfer patients to Los Angeles hospitals.

The one mildly surprising bit of good news is that Orange County, which has been very conservative for decades has a reasonably high vaccination rate. But then Orange County is traditional conservative rather than Trump Conservative.

I also want to point out that The Inland Empire, an area directly East of Los Angeles County is largely red neck conservative, low vaccination rates and overflowing hospitals. They also want to transfer their patients to Los Angeles. Actually they already have been doint that enough to make some in Los Angeles reluctant to go to the hospital.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's not just "red neck" conservatives both those areas should also have a decent amount of Chicanos too. African Americans as a whole also are below average at getting the shots.

Saw the other day in Yahoo News that Santa Cruz county where my parents reside is trying to mandate masks indoors for not just the usual stores etc. but trying to do so for private homes! Good luck with that..... over my dead body would I go along with that (If I was going to fly over to visit my folks which I'm not), like Bill Maher, I believe I already made a huge concession getting my jabs when I normally don't get flu shots let alone taking a brand new experimental shot.

But I guess the above info is good. My best friend who is antivax is always giving me the other end of the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not just "red neck" conservatives both those areas should also have a decent amount of Chicanos too.

Saw the other day in Yahoo News that Santa Cruz county where my parents reside is trying to mandate masks indoors for not just the usual stores etc. but trying to do so for private homes! Good luck with that..... over my dead body would I go along with that, like Bill Maher, I believe I already made a huge concession getting my jabs.
I do not wear a mask unless confronted to do so because I cannot put them on by myself. I have cp. The first several months I as a grown woman had to be a woman had to be watched to ensure I did not pull it off I hated the texture on my face so much.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not much convinced that we have seen the worst of this epidemic so far. Not only that, but it is possible that food supplies, vaccine supplies and supplies for heating houses might become difficult as well. If it's a really cold and long winter as well, that also might add to the number of lives at risk.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here's the correlation between vaccination rate and covid death rate in Europe:
FE4ISdYXsAgqnCn.jpeg

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not much convinced that we have seen the worst of this epidemic so far. Not only that, but it is possible that food supplies, vaccine supplies and supplies for heating houses might become difficult as well. If it's a really cold and long winter as well, that also might add to the number of lives at risk.

That may be but China seems headed for that front and center with them trying to "punish" Australia for it's statements about wanting a Covid investigation nearly a year ago. They stopped importing Australian coal which is richer than the stuff they had stored in their reserves, not to mention their power plants were calibrated to the better quality coal.

Coal industry insiders blame Beijing for China’s ‘man-made’ power crisis

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
With hospitals full, Central California pleading to send COVID-19 patients to L.A. (msn.com)

The lead is that Fresno and the rest of the central valley where vaccination rates are low has overflowing hospitals that want to transfer patients to Los Angeles hospitals.

The one mildly surprising bit of good news is that Orange County, which has been very conservative for decades has a reasonably high vaccination rate. But then Orange County is traditional conservative rather than Trump Conservative.

I also want to point out that The Inland Empire, an area directly East of Los Angeles County is largely red neck conservative, low vaccination rates and overflowing hospitals. They also want to transfer their patients to Los Angeles. Actually they already have been doint that enough to make some in Los Angeles reluctant to go to the hospital.
We had the same thing happening in Oregon a couple of months ago, hospitals in Portland flooded with unvaccinated people from the more rural and conservative counties. Had to call in the national guard to support the hospitals in the south where vaccination rates are low. It’s been brutal for healthcare workers. And people are still asking why I care whether or not others are vaccinated.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That may be but China seems headed for that front and center with them trying to "punish" Australia for it's statements about wanting a Covid investigation nearly a year ago. They stopped importing Australian coal which is richer than the stuff they had stored in their reserves, not to mention their power plants were calibrated to the better quality coal.

Could be a blessing in disguise. Rogue states like Red China can only survive long term because of the legitimacy given them by other states, instead of treating them like the pariah they are.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

If only more of us would have taken proper actions earlier in the pandemic. But now we will have to go through another winter like this.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
China did not tell the rest of the world that they had problems for a long time, which delayed the rest of the world in monitoring the situation as preparing their responses. For myself. I think that's a pretty clear indication that they just did not care! Vaccinating the majority of people in the UK, has saved a lot of lives, but a bad winter could still be seriously bad for a lot of people.

Here's hoping that all you guys are going to stay warm and in good health during this winter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
China did not tell the rest of the world that they had problems for a long time, which delayed the rest of the world in monitoring the situation as preparing their responses. For myself. I think that's a pretty clear indication that they just did not care!

I agree but I think it is even more sinister itself. China has a lot of ambitions as far as being number 1 power in the world, and even ruling the world. I actually think China let it spread to "even the playing field" so to speak, because they were worried what this self inflicted problem would have on them and their ambitions.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was not going to say that, but this particular virus is quite different to anything which it could have evolved from and the earlier cases where from the city where China's biological warefare facilities are based. Is this just a coincidence?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was not going to say that, but this particular virus is quite different to anything which it could have evolved from and the earlier cases where from the city where China's biological warefare facilities are based. Is this just a coincidence?

Yeah I like what John Stewart had to say about that 6 months back..:)

I don't think it is a coincidence and not just with the location of the virus origins but also with all the sophistication with the virus. But even if the Wet Market is the actual culprit, that would still make China culpable because the wet market goes against various food safety & health norms, and actually has been the culprit of some past health problems (like I think one of the early Corona virus outbreaks came from that market, or at least a similar kind of market in another city), but the Chinese just got to have their weird exotic fresh food....

Upvote 0