Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
All I see is the hospital did it's job. And the lady had no ride or family to pick her up. So they dump her at the nearest bus station. They should have did it during the day. Or called a taxi. It's not like they took a bunch of mentally ill people and dumped them into a different city or state. So that city or state has to deal with their mental ill, drug and homeless problem.

So you would be happy with your mother or grandmother being left half naked at a bus stop like that?

Weird.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Can people not assume this lady was mentally ill; she may have been or she may have been medicated to some extent.

Don't assume and don't speculate; she is entitled to medical confidentiality.

Either way, leaving her on the street was appalling.
Even in the Church, most people believe the homeless are mentally ill, or alcoholics/drug addicts. It is a horribly untrue assumption substantiated by media and government.

I have been homeless in a very large city. Not nearly as many people are on drugs, or mentally ill as people think.

Many of them have just had people give up on then, and then hiss at them when they outreach.

That stereotype needs to stop because it dehumanizes homeless. People dont see them as people anymore, and then they don't care what happens.

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When was that, if you don't mind me asking?

Derp. I was thinking of one of the JH buildings I've been to. UMMC messed up my bill but their buiding is nothing special.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,271.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you would be happy with your mother or grandmother being left half naked at a bus stop like that?

Weird.
My mom, most people I would be upset. My dead grandma on my moms side. I could care less. Evil people don't deserve my pity. The real question, is why wasn't any family members or friends willing to pick her up. That wouldn't happen to my mom, since she has family. Also hospitals aren't baby sitters. And they typically let you know hours before they let you go. In CA.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My mom, most people I would be upset. My dead grandma on my moms side. I could care less. Evil people don't deserve my pity. The real question, is why wasn't any family members or friends willing to pick her up. That wouldn't happen to my mom, since she has family. Also hospitals aren't baby sitters. And they typically let you know hours before they let you go. In CA.
My dead grandma on my moms side. I could care less. Evil people don't deserve my pity.

God have mercy!!!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Derp. I was thinking of one of the JH buildings I've been to. UMMC messed up my bill but their buiding is nothing special.

Thank you for the clarification.

The Hospital in question is a trash-strewn patient-neglected place that is abominable.

Upvote 0