May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know many times if someone suffers emotional trauma as a child they sort of freeze at that point emotionally until they can work through it. That's why it's always good to seek counseling for children who deal with major blows.
I agree..... but when it happens many years before you know such an illness even exists.... the only way anyone can deal with it is one day at a time.....
believe me...... I am the daughter of a woman trapped emotionally..... we had no idea how to help her.

Upvote 0

White~Horse

Nat'ral born world shaker
Feb 2, 2007
Alabama
Visit site
✟31,883.00
Faith
Christian
I agree..... but when it happens many years before you know such an illness even exists.... the only way anyone can deal with it is one day at a time.....
believe me...... I am the daughter of a woman trapped emotionally..... we had no idea how to help her.

Oh, yeah. I wasn't trying to dispute you or anything. I was just throwing stuff out for conversation. :) I'm glad you got it identified now so you can start working on stuff. :)

Reactions: White Horse
Upvote 0

White~Horse

Nat'ral born world shaker
Feb 2, 2007
Alabama
Visit site
✟31,883.00
Faith
Christian
I know :)

Just pray for us.It's still going to be a very long road.

Aight. Did you get that IM I sent via yahoo a couple of weeks ago about my first cousin being murdered in Daytona? She was a Yancey.

Reactions: White Horse
Upvote 0

STARINELSON

The song of the star enchants my heart
May 25, 2005
Iowa
Visit site
✟3,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aight. Did you get that IM I sent via yahoo a couple of weeks ago about my first cousin being murdered in Daytona? She was a Yancey.

No, I didn't. But, I haven't been on Yahoo lately, either. I am so sorry. I know there is a Yancey in FL ( I forget where) who is one of the main genealogists for the family.

Upvote 0

Tumbleweed64

God doesn't make mistakes!
May 13, 2005
the Wild Wild West!
✟39,823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A minister delivered a sermon in 10 minutes one Sunday morning, which was about half the usual length of his sermons. He explained, "I regret to inform you that my dog, who is very fond of eating paper, ate that portion of my sermon which I was unable to deliver this morning."After the service, a visitor from another church shook hands with the preacher and said, "Reverend, if that dog of yours has any pups, I want to give one to my minister." *slaps knee*

Upvote 0

Tumbleweed64

God doesn't make mistakes!
May 13, 2005
the Wild Wild West!
✟39,823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A minister delivered a sermon in 10 minutes one Sunday morning, which was about half the usual length of his sermons. He explained, "I regret to inform you that my dog, who is very fond of eating paper, ate that portion of my sermon which I was unable to deliver this morning."After the service, a visitor from another church shook hands with the preacher and said, "Reverend, if that dog of yours has any pups, I want to give one to my minister." *slaps knee*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

~*Lady Trekki*~

Reactions: ~Lady Trekki~
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.