• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Horses banned from use at border

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+31,033
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    The issue is only the Haitians were hunted with horses and whips. THAT didn't happen with the other migrants. I cannot help to believe skin color has something to do with the difference.

2. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    American cops pull some unbelievably ridiculous nonsense. You guys best be careful about that and get some better training for your forces.

3. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    As I understand it there were reports that yes, they WERE whipped.

What you think border patrol and American police officers are great with showing restrain?

upload_2021-9-24_14-17-32.jpeg

4. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    There are posters on here who rely on that message a lot

5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    First, they weren't hunted. They were right there in the open, trying to cross the border illegally.

But since the horses are the big issue when it comes to mode of transportation when dealing with Haitians versus other nationalities, please tell us which mode would be appropriate when dealing with Haitians. How about ATV's? Or maybe motorcycles?
    Since this is the Mexican border, there may be Mexicans and people from Guatemala trying to sneak across. Which mode of transportation would be acceptable in your eyes when dealing with them? Can we go back to horses? How about Camels?

Also FYI, the Border Patrol has always had a horseback unit:
    El Centro Sector Border Patrol Chief Engages With Community Leaders during Horseback Ride in Brawley - Hstoday

Mounted Border Patrol Team to Ride in Inaugural Parade

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I actually saw the video. They weren't whipping the Haitians. But even if they were, so what?

7. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Sorry...even if they were whipping a human being, so what?

Would it bother you if it was an American?

8. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,033
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    OK. So what name do YOU call being chased by men on horseback?
    Maybe even pick-up trucks? My, the thoughts in your mind about Haitians are very revealing. How about dealing with them in a humane way.Treat others the way you want to be treated. That is the golden rule.

9. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I feel like if there was an incident of a black man being lynched and dragged from a truck they wouldn't see the historical significance of it because he wasn't hung from a tree.

10. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,033
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I was reminded of Ahmaud Arbery.

11. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Whips, batons, pepper spray, bean bag rounds, tasers--what's the difference other than optics, and the willingness of certain observers to conjure up a racist meme to try to make law enforcement look like the bad guys (unless they're the Capitol police who can be temporarily exploited for political gain when the democrats are in charge)?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    They weren't being chased. They were being prevented from crossing the border. IOW, they were being blocked.

And what thoughts do you think I'm having about them? I simply asked you about alternate modes of transportation for the Border Patrol agents since the horses they were riding is your chief complaint:
    Oh, and the skin color of the Haitians:
    Those are your own words. Own them.

13. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Why? Was the guy he grabbed a shotgun from and tried to use it against on a horse?

14. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Tough to answer my question when there are just SOOO many ways to hurt another human being right?

15. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Hurt, control, apprehend---take your pick.
    Notice that guns weren't mentioned. That's because the goal was to keep those people from crossing the border. They weren't being shot. They were simply being warded off.

16. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,387
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Yes. Tough questions.

17. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,033
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    I do! I said them. I meant them.
    By men on horseback.:rolleyes: And that's ok with you?

18. Handmaid for Jesus

+31,033
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    Alternate transportation.

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yes, it is.
    If it's not ok with you, then let's hear the reason. However, I'll tell you in advance that, "I don't like the way it looks" isn't a good reason.

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,452
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Not sure what you meant by that, but whatever.
    Either way, there was no horse involved.