✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I had a nightmare last night. I don't know what it means. I need a Joseph to decode these for me.

It started like this.

The sky was purplish-grey, something like this:
323890_9806716fa3ef84c8998489777ef9f494_thumb.jpg

Everyone was screaming: Maybe a crowd of 30 or more. I didn't keep track. I had kids with me. I don't know if they were mine or not. Anyways, everyone was freaking out. I think a disaster was about to hit. Apparently, gas pumps gave out water instead of gas. I was yelling at everyone "Get the gas cans! Fill them and put them in the vans! Get all the food and put it in the vans!"

Everyone did that. We hopped in the vans. We drove along this very long strip of highway. All of the people followed me in their cars. We were headed to a mountain base.

The dream transitioned to me being in my old school.

My school hallways were white and blue. But it seemed like this was in the future, after some sort of natural disaster. The walls were now yellowish, chipped and cracked bricks. The floor was cracked, and covered in dirt. Some of the walls had holes in them. Inside was just pure darkness. Nothing like on this Earth at all. Just pure darkness and fear. I kept going. I headed to the end of the hallway. The end of the hallway changed to dark brown bricks. A yellow light dropped from the ceiling and what I saw was odd. It was a moose stuck in the wall. The moose was old and rotting. It stuck out its tongue, pointing left. I turned left and entered what looked like a mental hospital. Feces on the floor, the same yellow chipped walls, ceiling lights hanging down, etc. This was different. The patients were jumping around, running like crazy, and one person was in the corner banging their head against the wall until they bled. I started crying. Not because of the patients, but because my friend was strapped up in a straightjacket on a table. His mouth was duct-taped, and he looked like he was crying. I cried so bad. That was my best friend. How was he here?

There's more to the dream, but I think that's for another day.

Attachments

• purplesky.jpg
    purplesky.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Prayers
Reactions: 1 person

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pray and don't let nightmares get to you. I believe that they truly reveal nothing.

God speaks to us through the Bible
and solid preaching straight from the Bible.
M

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

I had a nightmare last night. I don't know what it means. I need a Joseph to decode these for me.

It started like this.

The sky was purplish-grey, something like this:
323890_9806716fa3ef84c8998489777ef9f494_thumb.jpg

Everyone was screaming: Maybe a crowd of 30 or more. I didn't keep track. I had kids with me. I don't know if they were mine or not. Anyways, everyone was freaking out. I think a disaster was about to hit. Apparently, gas pumps gave out water instead of gas. I was yelling at everyone "Get the gas cans! Fill them and put them in the vans! Get all the food and put it in the vans!"

Everyone did that. We hopped in the vans. We drove along this very long strip of highway. All of the people followed me in their cars. We were headed to a mountain base.

The dream transitioned to me being in my old school.

My school hallways were white and blue. But it seemed like this was in the future, after some sort of natural disaster. The walls were now yellowish, chipped and cracked bricks. The floor was cracked, and covered in dirt. Some of the walls had holes in them. Inside was just pure darkness. Nothing like on this Earth at all. Just pure darkness and fear. I kept going. I headed to the end of the hallway. The end of the hallway changed to dark brown bricks. A yellow light dropped from the ceiling and what I saw was odd. It was a moose stuck in the wall. The moose was old and rotting. It stuck out its tongue, pointing left. I turned left and entered what looked like a mental hospital. Feces on the floor, the same yellow chipped walls, ceiling lights hanging down, etc. This was different. The patients were jumping around, running like crazy, and one person was in the corner banging their head against the wall until they bled. I started crying. Not because of the patients, but because my friend was strapped up in a straightjacket on a table. His mouth was duct-taped, and he looked like he was crying. I cried so bad. That was my best friend. How was he here?

Bad dreams are usually caused by stress. Spend your time reading uplifting Bible verses.

We don't know what our future holds but we know Who our Shepherd is. John chapter 10.

Upvote 0

SunAndRain

Nov 12, 2018
US
✟38,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Sorry you had a nightmare.

I get nightmares easily. Turns out I’m more likely to get them if I go to bed on a full stomach or when depressed. So I consider them physical only, and without meaning.

They do make you feel horrible on awakening so you might remember them for a long time. We naturally remember any traumatic things well (burn from hot stove, etc.) for our safety.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I had a nightmare last night. I don't know what it means. I need a Joseph to decode these for me.....
Let me make sure I understand this correctly,

You're not a king, the dream doesn't appear to address anyone but yourself, and you want a stranger on the internet to take the role of Joseph to interpret part of your personal dream (and not the whole of it) and you're going to trust that stranger's rendering?

Here's my advice:

1) Do a study of dreams in the Bible.

2) Do a study of "interpreters" in the Bible (it won't take but a few minutes).

3) Note Joseph is unique; he is one of a kind in the entirety of the Bible, he is one of a kind in the entire history covered in the Bible.

4) Note most of the dreams in the Bible didn't need interpretation.

5) Realize people have dreams every night. Every person living in Biblical times had dreams every night of sleep and a very, very, very, very, very minute number of them had any Biblical significance.

6) Realize what you're asking implies your dream has that kind of significance (when it probably does not).

7) Ask God yourself what is the meaning of the dream.

There's more.

I'll wait until I read your response before I post more.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible explains that our Lord Jesus Christ speaks to us through His Holy Spirit, who speaks to our spirit. One of the problems Jesus encountered when He took on flesh was that people were searching the Scriptures for eternal life instead of coming to Him! That is to say they were not listening to His voice like the Scriptures explain.

So, how does this apply to a nightmare?

• It means that we, each of us, need to seek the Lord Jesus Christ and listen to what He says. That is what Joseph did! That is why Joseph had the meaning of the dreams. Joseph was a type of Christ. Jesus Christ is the Word of God (that is His name, not the name of the Bible - see Rev 19:13 - Jn 5:39)
If you still don't understand what I am saying do this: Ask Jesus Christ to give you the meaning of the dream and listen in your spirit!! Jesus is the Joseph that decodes these dreams and nightmares that we pick up in our spirit. So He is the One we ask and listen to! But you have to believe that He is there. Whoever believes in Him shall be saved. Joseph believed in Him, the Word of God, and so not only got the dreams but the interpretation. Daniel believed in Him, the Word of God, and so also had interpretation of dreams. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God - He took on flesh went to the cross, died and rose again, and sits at the right hand of God as King in and over the Kingdom of God which is in your midst - so seek Him. In fact take all thoughts captive to Him, just like the Scriptures explain.

Now, do that and get your interpretation by hearing with faith!

I could do that for you, but He our Lord Jesus Christ is a personal God, and so He made a way for us all to enter in, by going to the cross. So should each of us enter in? What good does my entering in to the presence of the Lord for someone else do for them. Isn't it best for them to enter in and talk to Him for themselves. So it is that I lead people to Him.

But if you insist, based upon my experience, clouds represent heavenly things. Purple usually represents a royal or kingly color. Gas is something you breath in, and it can be good or bad. The Kingdom of God sounds like many waters. Roads are man made paths of travel. God had a mountain and Moses brought the people there to listen to Him. Jesus is the Teacher and all will be taught my Him. Those who hear His voice are given white robes to wear. Blue is a color that goes with heaven. Revelation shows a desperate future because men do not listen to Him. So we need to cry out to God, but there are dark forces that we battle with who do not want us crying out to God.

Put those things together, but isn't the mean obvious? We need to cry out to God and seek His voice, but there is a battle with the dark forces of this world, just like is written. So who is listening? Who is seeking the voice of the Lord? Not enough, if we are looking to others and not Him. Not enough to change what is written about the future. Yet we can make a difference.

Still seek the Lord for yourself, because the Lord is still a personal Lord. So doesn't He give us dreams so that we might turn back to Him?

Upvote 0