Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please feel free to share Bible verses here.

Please also feel free to say a bit about the verses you share, if you would like to do that.
A few to start off...

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 ESV

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 20:31 ESV

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A verse for when you seem to be hanging on by a thread...

Isaiah 42:3
New International Version

3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A verse for when you seem to be hanging on by a thread...

Isaiah 42:3
New International Version

3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
Thanks for this. Encouragement indeed. :)

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please feel free to share Bible verses here.

Please also feel free to say a bit about the verses you share, if you would like to do that.
A few to start off...

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 ESV

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
John 20:31 ESV
I have been reading the Gospel According to John:

John 16 (WEB)
1 “I have said these things to you so that you wouldn’t be caused to stumble. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues. Yes, the time comes that whoever kills you will think that he offers service to God. 3 They will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But I have told you these things, so that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you about them. I didn’t tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have told you these things, sorrow has filled your heart.7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he has come, he will convict the world about sin, about righteousness, and about judgment; 9 about sin, because they don’t believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you won’t see me any more; 11 about judgment, because the prince of this world has been judged.

12 “I still have many things to tell you, but you can’t bear them now. 13 However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take from what is mine, and will declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine and will declare it to you. 16 A little while, and you will not see me. Again a little while, and you will see me.”

Reactions: TriciaR
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Phillipians 4:7> "And the peace of God that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 11:1> "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,760.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exo15:2

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psa 46:1

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been reading the Gospel According to John:

John 16 (WEB)
1 “I have said these things to you so that you wouldn’t be caused to stumble. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues. Yes, the time comes that whoever kills you will think that he offers service to God. 3 They will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But I have told you these things, so that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you about them. I didn’t tell you these things from the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have told you these things, sorrow has filled your heart.7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he has come, he will convict the world about sin, about righteousness, and about judgment; 9 about sin, because they don’t believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you won’t see me any more; 11 about judgment, because the prince of this world has been judged.

12 “I still have many things to tell you, but you can’t bear them now. 13 However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take from what is mine, and will declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine and will declare it to you. 16 A little while, and you will not see me. Again a little while, and you will see me.”

That's great. Thanks for this. :)

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him." Exo15:2

How wonderful. Great hope and encouragement.

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

:)

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Phillipians 4:7> "And the peace of God that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 11:1> "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

Yes and the peace of God really does surpass all understanding. Thanks for this. By faith indeed :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble ...
Therefore ... we will not fear, though the earth is moved, though the mountains are cast into the midst of the sea.

Though the waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.

There is a river whose streams will make glad the city of God, even the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is in the midst (of her), she will not be moved. God will help her ... and that without delay.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Therefore ... we will not fear, though the earth is moved, though the mountains are cast into the midst of the sea.

Though the waters roar and are troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.

There is a river whose streams will make glad the city of God, even the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is in the midst (of her), she will not be moved. God will help her ... and that without delay.
Psalm 46:10. Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes continuing with Psalm 46. That's great. Thanks.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:103‭-‬105 ESV

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1John 4-4
"Greater is He that is in you then he that is in the world."

Yes indeed. And also....

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Romans 16:20 ESV

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 4:6 says: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
I like better "My people perish for lack of knowledge"

Is there a translation that says 'perish'?
I'm sure I've seen that. Can't think which translation it is though. :)

Upvote 0

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17‭-‬21 ESV

Upvote 0